Ight Veeky Forums I'm trying to join the Army with an OP40 contract, meaning I go to Ranger school...

Ight Veeky Forums I'm trying to join the Army with an OP40 contract, meaning I go to Ranger school. I'm not enlisting for 2 more years when I'm 20. I'm 6'1 and 150, out of shape with 0% muscle and a skinnyfat mess. How do I get in Military/Ranger shape?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/JuggernautFitnessTV
armyranger.com/bb/
armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=42&sid=f092d4e0da207e0132bd88f8747082be
military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/buds-warning-order
sealswcc.com/
sealswcc.com/navy-seals-buds-prep-docs.html
sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read the sticky.

By working out... Endurance is key to passing ranger school.

Read the fucking sticky

don't come here for one.

fuck off over to /meg/ on /k/. the op has a bunch of links, including the very shit you are looking for. those links will also take you to mentor programs for people just like you.

Gr8 b8 m8.

Sick call ranger.

God dammit I did, but I don't think SS will help me survive RASP.

I don't understand why people want to jump right in to super special operatur groups right from the get go. How about you enlist, do some time then go for ranger school?

Get the book Get Selected. Your welcome. I sign my 18X in a couple of days.

I want you to look up "Option 40"

I'd recommend subscribing to Jason Blaha's channel. He's a former mercenary who was trained by the CIA's Special Activities Division. After a successful 20 year career as a stone cold killer, he retired and started a fitness channel where he gives advice targeted for people like you.

Link to his channel:
youtube.com/user/JuggernautFitnessTV

First, don't listen to this
Second, any SO requires a pretty insane amount of physical dedication. Physical fitness is pretty much the cornerstone of specops program globally.

Prioritize
>run
>swim
>calisthenics
>sleep

Strength train only as an afterthought, and stick with things that will have direct transfer to your program (lunges, rows, static holds, squats, deadlifts is pretty much it). Don't use a treadmill or machines. Ever

Eat a surplus, and stretch every single day. You should be spending at least 3 hours a day between some combination of running, swimming, pull ups, push ups, bodyweight squats, and stretching, at least 5 times a week.

Third, forget about girls they'll get in your way. Bitches your age won't understand

Fourth, get off Veeky Forums

Goodluck friend

>mfw RIPs and 18x with 0 service time are signing contracts

You have no muscle? You have a lot of fat? Then you need to put on muscle and then lose that fat before you're surviving anything. Do what the sticky says and put in the fucking work you pathetic piece of shit. I can already tell you won't make it because you're not willing to invest your time and energy to make yourself better.

18X's have a higher selection rate at sfas dumbass

cont.

you guys might as well get something like airborne school into your contract instead of some highspeed shit you'll probably wash out from due to

a: not earning your place among those who trained their asses off to earn the right to be in that school

b:you have 0 experience in the military and expect to pass a highly prestigious course

you guys are a recruiters wet dream

why is his body so awkwardly shaped?

i fucking told you already. in the fucking op of /meg/

armyranger.com/bb/

their pt forum

armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=42&sid=f092d4e0da207e0132bd88f8747082be

fucks sake

Once they wash... 11bravo four year contract.... If he makes it that far. Leaves army to become glorified security at local mall.

Are you fucking stupid? The Army has been doing this the entire war on terror. What the fuck do you mean 'not training your asses off'? You don't get in if you don't train your ass off, option 40 or not.

Just because you're too much of a goddamn pussy doesn't mean the OP is. Fuck off with this noise you dumb nigger.

The army will chew you up and spit you out you pathetic fucking yance. May as well switch to the chair force while you still can

The link below will give better advice than anyone who posts on Veeky Forums can. It's the course description for BUD/S, and at the bottom is a workout program published by SEAL instructors for people trying to get in shape for BUD/S, starting from pretty much scratch.

It's a shitload of running, swimming, pullups, pushups, dips and crunches. I suppose rangers don't swim as much but it can't hurt and is a great way to cross train.

military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/buds-warning-order

this

This. Some of the programs in these contracts are there to bridge to the high speed shit like sopc

also

sealswcc.com/

and
sealswcc.com/navy-seals-buds-prep-docs.html

sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

yeah.

it's perfectly doable, provided you get up and do it. the army and navy don't run these programs to get fat bodies into the grunts, they run these programs to get more rangers and seals. guys that fail and end up else where are just a byproduct.

Read the sticky, start dipping, listen to music that isn't played on the radio, and learn to run.
You should be more worried about the skills required rather than the physical part, especially in your younger years of 20.
Alternatively, your recruiter is a dirtbag who just wants you to sign up and you'll be recycled into a 92G; better luck in the next life.

LOL

I was in infantry OSUT back in 03 before the war started. with the rippys and 18x.

tell me about that grunt life bro

>at least 31
Calm down, gramps.

someone had to say it

>start dipping
realest advice ever given on this topic

because they are gamed in by going to SOPC before selection. Then they are abysmal failures when they get to the q course. Besides that, unless you have a previous skill like being in SWAT or being a paramedic it's doubtful anyone on your ODA will have respect for you.

They'll look at you as a cherry who hasn't done shit

Oh and also when I went to OSUT half my platoon had option 40.... some 18x. The vast majority dropped them when they realized that they weren't cut out for at Sand Hill KEK. No one made it past SFAS and only one guy made it into Regiment.

I heard they recently made a nice building out at Camp Mackall for all of the 18x failures that they cycle through at SFAS. Off to the 82nd or 173rd you go for 5 years.

I'm getting really sick of these

"im joining the army threads"

they literally train you how to become what your looking to become you welfare queen, maybe if you weren't so god damn stupid you can see that.

Get a beard.

by posting on a norwegian baking board asking how to get into shape

>How do I get in Military/Ranger shape?

Start working out.

Quit being a faggot.

>hold overs
KEK scummiest of scums
it's like being in jail and being nobody's bitch AKA everyones

>implying holdovers actually do what they're told
Oh no, better not let sarge see you or he'll yell at you and tell you to do other stuff.

I swear, you milicucks are pathetic.

>with an OP40 contract, meaning I go to Ranger school

but thats wrong

>Ight Veeky Forums I'm trying to join the Army with an OP40 contract, meaning I go to Ranger school. I'm not enlisting for 2 more years when I'm 20. I'm 6'1 and 150, out of shape with 0% muscle and a skinnyfat mess. How do I get in Military/Ranger shape?

Rangers have less than a 15% drop out rate, just be slightly better than average.
Run a lot, be able to lift a combat load+another person. The hardest part is the not sleeping for shit and hardly any food.

you have it the wrong way. it's exactly the opposite.

Don't you think you should see if you can even handle a year in the regular infantry before you try to join the top few cream of the crop, you dumb fucking cuck?

Says the bitch boi faggot with zero operational army experience that wants to immediately be with the best of the best. Good luck fuckwit.

Starve yourself and ruck a lot.

You go to RASP not Ranger school you scrub

You are going to quit at student company after 8 hours of getting smoked in the mud pit

That statistic is bullshit and they only put it out to get idiots to sign.

Sometimes 18Xs get selected at a higher rate (depends on the class) because all the quitters are gone because they destroy your world for about a month before you even go to SFAS

don't bother asking Veeky Forums for advice man. go to /k/ and /meg/ specifically they have all the advice you need. personally i went to ranger school and got recycled 2 times, both in mountain phase though I did graduate, good luck on your shit man, ranger school is not for the faint hearted.

In australia at least, guys who go for SF direct recruitment are fit to begin with and have an idea of how hrd it willl be.
Basic will fuck you hard, especially if youre an unfit bag of shit.
School of Infantry will be even worse.
Ranger school would eat you alive if you arent prepared.
I hope for your sake its like here in aus where if you fail sf selection or drop out of training you can go into an infantry battalion or go pogue for a couple years, train and try again, or youre not gonna make it.
You need to train hard starting right fucking now, check the sticky for strength training advice, but also, if info nights at a barracks are available to prospective recruits, talk to some infantry guys and get their views.
You will need endurance, both cardio and in terms of stomping long distance with heavy shit. You will need explosiveness, for sprints and fire and movement.
I wish you luck, but realise that being a l33t operator isnt easy and glamourous. Basic infantry shit is hard as it is: sleep dep and barely eating as you dig in getting hit every few hours, then going out and patrolling ten kays and doing attacks and ambushes, carrying a mag 58 and ammo, or a carl gustav, or a rifle, GLA, claymore and extra ammo for the LSW.

SOPC isn't as great as people keep making it out to be, obviously it depends on whose in charge but really it's just a smoke your balls off course to try and get people to quit.

Being at Mackall for a few weeks helps em out a bit but it's overplayed.

The real reason the army is able to boast that 18Xs do well at selection is because most of the pussies quit before they go so you have, generally, at least a solid group of dudes going.

It still doesn't change much the selection rate is still going to probably be between 20-30 percent.

I wouldn't worry about it

US military training is notoriously easy and the standards are lower than ever

1. 30 Push-ups
2. 30 Air squats
3. 30 Crunches
4. 10 Burpees
5. 10 Windmills
6. 30 Push-ups
7. 30 Mountain climbers
8. 30 Flutter kicks
9. 10 Burpees
10. 10 Cherry pickers (4-count)