What is the ideal body for combat sports (martial arts, boxing, kickboxing, etc) and what's the best way to achieve it?

What is the ideal body for combat sports (martial arts, boxing, kickboxing, etc) and what's the best way to achieve it?

Competitively l don't really know, most of them are great pick one up, as long as you stick to it and read about it before jumping into it.
For self-defense l'd say boxing is great.
Street fights are people rushing in with random punches, boxing teaches you how to fight and has a good competitive scene too

I wrestled skinny fat with the Rex legs all high school. I couldn't gain/lose weight because I had to keep in my weight class

kill yourself

In any grappling sport, manlets will have an advantage due to lower center of gravity and chance to put on more relative muscle while staying in a weight class.
In things like boxing and MMA, the focus is on agility and power instead of just pure mass and brute strength. A lot of the middle weight class guys just very compact muscle that they know how to use effectively.
When you get to extreme weight classes, then you start seeing big guys (for us)

Competetively, just be as lean as you can manage to be in order to edge out the others in your weight class. In real life, as big and strong as possible.

no ideal body type. Just prepare to fight the guy. He is there to try to seriously hurt you.

I am a pro boxer at 25% bf. I am undefeated with almost 20 wins. Low bodyfat wont magically give you more endurance or athleticism . Its dumb shit armchair theory faggots created to argue.

Fatty

Yes a lot of people laugh at me about it and pressure me to diet but they dont have even 1 win so i can care less.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Tall and lanky like anderson silva and john jones.

+1 Fedor Emelianenko is the best mma fighter and he isn't all muscle

best way to achieve it.. practice a fighting style couple hours a day man and you can do calisthenics aswell to gain strength 15% body fat at 5'9" is ideal fighting physique 20% fine too.
what better prepares you mentally and physiquely for something than doing that thing

Jesus fuck do none of you pansies even bother trying to compete in open weight classes. OP I do Judo, which means training 8-10 hours a week, half of which is actual grappling the other half techniques and and warm up. Also I lift weights on off days. Been doing it for 5 years now. I'll fight anyone (everyone I train with does), its the only way to gauge your worth and not bullshit yourself. if you really want to join a show sport then train hard and do DNP and starve and dehydrate yourself so you can fight whippets like McGregor does

How do you train endurance and what do you eat? Just curious

25% isnt that high for a heavyweight which im assuming you are?

not OP but I'm 5' 10" at 20%bf and I feel I would be better at 12% or even 10%.

Mike Tyson is pretty much the most perfectly built for combat person to ever exist.

I do BJJ and MT 5 days a week, what's the best way to get more practice and endurance in?

Muay thai fag here, doesn't matter. Just have grit, train hard and build lots of stamina. Body type doesn't really equate to much

I think Luke Rockhold has the perfect body for MMA. He's the tallest guy in his weight division but still one of the strongest. He has long limbs, relatively small joints and a surprising amount of muscle for a guy with the frame of an ectomorph. At the same time, he isn't overly muscular, or built for show like a bodybuilder. All of his mass is functional. And you'll notice he makes room for that muscle by carrying almost no fat whatsoever.

So, basically the traits of an ideal body would be:
1) Tall, or at least, tall for your division.
2) Lean but not skeletal
3) Somewhat muscular but only to the point where it's functional

I don't think Rockhold--or any other current UFC champion--is likely to be natty but he's right under the natty limit for muscularity.

this

tall with long limbs

>more fat aka more weight will make it easier for me to run around

Sure buddy

Also post time stamped selfies of you as well as video proof of your boxing

I always hated jon jones shorts

Overeem tbo

Or Anthony Joshua