Just picked this up Veeky Forums, what am I in for?

Just picked this up Veeky Forums, what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/7fr0tfneecpgpln/Mann_Charles_C_-_1491.pdf
mediafire.com/file/gqa40ahra6mcfpp/Peter_Heather,_Empires_and_Barbarians,_The_fall_of_Rome_and_the_birth_of_Europe,_2009.pdf
mediafire.com/file/2i36pptl2t2ha2x/Soviey_Army_OP_and_TAC.pdf
mediafire.com/file/bal8t0hwp9nkc43/TheBoxerRebellionandtheGreatGameinChina.pdf
mediafire.com/file/tra7qkcr0l4xb5l/The_Cleanest_Race.pdf
mediafire.com/file/hx555o26stax4xv/ModernWarfare.pdf
mediafire.com/file/lj122ufhaflllnl/glubb.pdf
wetransfer.com/downloads/3e0035d27e9273ad4eb0835933472fe220171119083036/1222c1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A good read. My favorite was the Amazon section.

Its well written and have plenty of details that you probably have no idea about.
Also cover vast time frame connected stuff that you probably know but not connected.

I can upload PDF version if anyone want to read it.

yes please pham

To be honest I wonder what it is not discussed here instead of Horse, germs and Steel or whatever its called.

You need to post pictures of cute cats to persuade me to do this vile act of piracy.

Not cute enough.

>Planting their orchards for millennia, the first Amazonians slowly transformed large swaths of the river basin into something more pleasing to human beings. In the country inhabited by the Ka’apor, on the mainland southeast of Marajó, centuries of tinkering have profoundly changed the forest community. In Ka’apor-managed forests, according to Balée’s plant inventories, almost half of the ecologically important species are those used by humans for food. In similar forests that have not recently been managed, the figure is only 20 percent. Balée cautiously estimated, in a widely cited article published in 1989, that at least 11.8 percent, about an eighth, of the nonflooded Amazon forest was “anthropogenic”—directly or indirectly created by humans.

>Some researchers today regard this figure as conservative. “I basically think it’s all human created,” Clement told me. So does Erickson, the University of Pennsylvania archaeologist who told me in Bolivia that the lowland tropical forests of South America are among the finest works of art on the planet. “Some of my colleagues would say that’s pretty radical,” he said. According to Peter Stahl, an anthropologist at the State University of New York in Binghamton, “lots” of researchers believe that “what the eco-imagery would like to picture as a pristine, untouched Urwelt [primeval world] in fact has been managed by people for millennia.” The phrase “built environment,” Erickson argued, “applies to most, if not all, Neotropical landscapes.”

To be honest its read sometimes on level on ancient aliens.

>“Landscape,” in this case, is meant exactly—Amazonian Indians literally created the ground beneath their feet. According to Susanna Hecht, a geographer at the University of California at Los Angeles, researchers into upland Amazonia took most of their soil samples along the region’s highways, which indeed passed through areas with awful soil—some regions were so saturated with toxic aluminum that they are now being mined for bauxite. A few scientists, though, found patches of something better. “In part because of the empty-Amazon model,” Hecht told me, these were “seen as anomalous and insignificant.” But in the 1990s researchers began studying these unusual regions of terra preta do Índio—rich, fertile “Indian dark earth” that anthropologists believe was made by human beings.

>Throughout Amazonia, farmers prize terra preta for its great productivity; some have worked it for years with minimal fertilization. Among them are the owners of the papaya orchard I visited, who have happily grown crops on their terra preta for two decades. More surprising still, the ceramics in the farm’s terra preta indicate that the soil has retained its nutrients for as much as a millennium. On a local level, terra preta is valuable enough for locals to dig it up and sell as potting soil, an activity that, alas, has already destroyed countless artifacts. To the consternation of archaeologists, long planters full of ancient terra preta, complete with pre-Columbian potsherds, greet visitors to the Santarém airport. Because terra preta is subject to the same punishing conditions as the surrounding bad soils, “its existence is very surprising,” according to Bruno Glaser, a chemist at the Institute of Soil Science and Soil Geography at the University of Bayreuth, Germany. “If you read the textbooks, it shouldn’t be there.”

Spoiler alert dude
But also WOAH

>Until Columbus, Indians were a keystone species in most of the hemisphere. Annually burning undergrowth, clearing and replanting forests, building canals and raising fields, hunting bison and netting salmon, growing maize, manioc, and the Eastern Agricultural Complex, Native Americans had been managing their environment for thousands of years. As Cahokia shows, they made mistakes. But by and large they modified their landscapes in stable, supple, resilient ways. Some milpa areas have been farmed for thousands of years—time in which farmers in Mesopotamia and North Africa and parts of India ruined their land. Even the wholesale transformation seen in places like Peru, where irrigated terraces cover huge areas, were exceptionally well done. But all of these efforts required close, continual oversight. In the sixteenth century, epidemics removed the boss.

>American landscapes after 1492 were emptied—“widowed,” in the historian Francis Jennings’s term. Suddenly deregulated, ecosystems shook and sloshed like a cup of tea in an earthquake. Not only did invading endive and rats beset them, but native species, too, burst and blasted, freed from constraints by the disappearance of Native Americans. The forest that the first New England colonists thought was primeval and enduring was actually in the midst of violent change and demographic collapse. So catastrophic and irrevocable were the changes that it is tempting to think that almost nothing survived from the past. This is wrong: landscape and people remain, though greatly altered. And they have lessons to heed, both about the earth on which we all live, and about the mental frames we bring to it.

Take you faggot. Can not believe that you can not even offer one cute cat.

mediafire.com/file/7fr0tfneecpgpln/Mann_Charles_C_-_1491.pdf

Fuck off, it's the cutest I have, thanks for the pdf tho

Damn dude thanks

You have anything else good to read? I have an 8 hour flight coming up plus life in general when I have nothing to do.

>mediafire.com/file/gqa40ahra6mcfpp/Peter_Heather,_Empires_and_Barbarians,_The_fall_of_Rome_and_the_birth_of_Europe,_2009.pdf
>mediafire.com/file/2i36pptl2t2ha2x/Soviey_Army_OP_and_TAC.pdf
>mediafire.com/file/bal8t0hwp9nkc43/TheBoxerRebellionandtheGreatGameinChina.pdf
>mediafire.com/file/tra7qkcr0l4xb5l/The_Cleanest_Race.pdf
>mediafire.com/file/hx555o26stax4xv/ModernWarfare.pdf
>mediafire.com/file/lj122ufhaflllnl/glubb.pdf
Have fun.
Post cats.

Not that user, but here you go. I've uploaded couple of books there.

wetransfer.com/downloads/3e0035d27e9273ad4eb0835933472fe220171119083036/1222c1

The boxer rebellion one doesn't work.

I liked the book A Little History of the World by Gombrich a lot. You have anything like that?

Also anything French? Or perhaps French language learning books?

no

Thanks

It's an Ayy propaganda.
Columbus was a good boy who wanted to reach india and help them develop toilet technology but instead landed on Americas and spread european love to all the natives while making Spain and rest of Europe Great Again.

Do not believe in Ayy lies!

No problem

Awesome list thanks

Not that user but could you reupload the boxer rebellion book?
Here's the cat.