>a, b, c, all = d but a =/= b or c
Someone explain this shit to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HAhbt4CUNZU
youtu.be/l--pgx632fg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a mystery, it's not meant to be comprehended

it's God, I aint gotta explain shit

note: this is what christians actually believe, the trinity is considered a divine mystery and cannot be explained

Christians can't count.

That's why Matthew lists

Abraham-Isaac-Jacob-Judah-Perez-Hezron-Ram-Amminadab-Nashon-Salmon-Boaz-Obed-Jesse-David

David-Solomon-Rehoboam-Abijah-Asa-Jehohshaphat-Jehoram-Uzziah-Jotham-Ahaz-Hezekiah-Manasseh-Amon-Josiah-Jeconiah

Jeconiah-Shealtiel-Zerubbabel-Abihud-Eliakim-Azor-Zadok-Akim-Elihud-Eleazar-Matthan-Jacob-Joseph-Jesus

As three sets of 14 generations, despite the middle set having 15 names (And being inconsistent with Chronicles, but who cares really?)

>people died for this shit

here you go

The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit are all distinct in personhood but one in essence. 3 persons, 1 essence.

The Son has always existed but became incarnate as Jesus Christ at a particular time in history.

>The Holy Spirit has the father on his shoulders
>The father has the son in his shoulders
>the son puts a trench-coat over the three of them
>god descends on mankind

It's like a man is an electrician, a plumber and a carpenter but an electrician isn't a pluber and nor is it a carpenter vise versa.

are you sayin Joseph was actually a plumber, and not a carpenter?

And that's a pretty useless genealogy considering Joseph was supposed to not be Jesus's father lol

Just read the Athanasian Creed. It's really not difficult at all, you're just being obtuse.

Just turn your brain off.

Non-aristotelian logic, do you know it? It is more like family relations.

Funny, since most of the most well-regarded Christian theologians have used Aristotelian logic.

>the son isn't created by the father
Then why is he called the son?

Manmade faith.

If the Council of Mycea couldn't figure it out, then neither can you, fuckhead.

JUST BELIEVE HARDER

>>Jesus is God
>>but Jesus is also God's son
>>Jesus is 100% divine
>>but Jesus is also 100% human

As God's Son, I can explain these 4, but trinitarianism is devil worship.

youtube.com/watch?v=HAhbt4CUNZU

holyspirit= god in all things, like a soul or gods essence
jesus= god as representative of mankind in the form of man

god= all things there is nothing that is not god.

>God isn't real because muh maths and science
When will fedorafags understand that theological questions can't be reduced to math? Do you use equations to analyse art? Can you solve the function of Philosophy? Then what makes you think you can measure God, you arrogant faggot?

Am I God?

Then why believe in something that can't be empirically proven?

Why is Yahweh more real than Braman?

Water isn't ice isn't steam but all are h2o

So basically Jesus is like a chaos demon.
God is this awareness consciousness whatever, that is everywhere.
And he took a portion of his powers thoughts all that and made them into Jesus who manifests as a living incarnation of God with his own will that is separate from the whole God but not in a way that it can contradict the all encompassing will that created it. Holy ghost was Jesus using the afterimage technique.

Jesus has +2 invulnerable saves
And
+4 resurrection ability when not fighting.
(Engage in no combat the previous turn.)
"Turn the other cheek"
Jesus has no counter strike capabilities.
Enemy may attack twice in one turn.
"Snakes"
Roll 3 dice if roll 15 or more Jesus attacks all Jews (chaos heretics/ demon spawn) on the board.

>hurr durr how does faith work durr

>God the Father is the same as the entire Godhead
Literally what theologian are you referencing?

>solve the function of philosophy
This post is
When you realize adult God believers are irredeemably retarded and therefore should not be argued with.

Just do what I do. Lie to them and have sex with their daughters (you will also have to lie to them as well) it's okay, your seed will be passed on and one of the kids might be more like you than her.

>God is real because muh unexplainable mysteries
Retarded nigger. How dare you call me arrogant when you think your deity of choice is the real God, when it could also be that you're worshipping an empty figure?

Because the God i believe in is a purely personal question, and only by faith i know i'm not wrong. If someone chooses to believe in some pagan gods, i don't have anything to say on that matter, because it's his personal decision. But fedoras like you are categorically denying the divine, arguing with others, but only in your terms to ensure you are always right so you can treat others like retardeds. That's why, nigger

>the God i believe in is a purely personal question, and only by faith i know i'm not wrong
>litetally has a "feels over reals" mentality
Simply epic.

no, he was an electrician.

Every position you take in this matter is going to be based in faith, not facts. Even atheism requires a leap of faith, you dingus

Maybe Islam is more your speed, kid.

Why can’t you idiots realize this is all just semantics? Christians have been killing each other for 2000 years because off fucking semantics. FFS Veeky Forums is just early Christianity in internet form

Of course, it was the semantics all along! It's not that the words carry a message or something, we've been so blind all this time.

Literally what’s the difference besides how some English guy translates an ancient language? Neither translation is correct, most languages don’t have he poetic nuance of English and so a conversation of semantics is pointless since their languages tend to have only a few ways to express each idea and so there’s less room for semantics garbage. It doesn’t matter what arbitrary percentage of god is human or “divine” or whatever fluffy vocabulary you want to use that wasn’t in the original because the language isn’t nearly as developed as English, do you think they gathered around and tried to figure out the exact genetic percentage of Jesus was human bean and what percentage had god ki. Real question is whether or not Jesus can go SSB or if he can stack kaioken on top

god isn't an object

god is time, god is matter, god is qualia

> Real question is whether or not Jesus can go SSB or if he can stack kaioken on top
I don't even know now if you're baiting or you really are that stupid.

>most languages don’t have the poetic nuance of English

It’s a joke Melvin, since you are all discussing what arbitrary percentage of Jesus is godly, figured i’d compare it to my other favorite godly fictional character. Can Jesus manifest his godki into super saiyan blue like goku can?

>this is what anglos ACTUALLY believe

>god is whatever I conveniently need him to be

lol no it doesn't

god is literally everything you doofus

It doesn't? then tell me one thing which can disprove God. Then the atheism (not agnosticism) will be a fact.

>Comparing God to a degenerate cartoon character
Dear God, let this be bait please. You cannot be this autist

Matthew's geneology was meant to demonstrate that Jesus was nominally descended from David.
Mark's geneology was meant to show that Jesus, through Mary, was descended from Jesse, as part of a prophecy from Isaiah.

The difference is that Goku is actually an appealing character.

Islam and Judaism make more sense. There's just one God, end of story. All the inconsistent shit can be hand waved away pretty easily. In Christianity, the inconsistent shit to be waved away is central tenet of the religion. It amazes me that it's survived this long and become so huge.

Why would it be a problem for God to produce contradictions?
The notion of God will ultimately involves a self-caused entity or something that has existed for infinite time so it's not like those concepts are any clearer than dialetheic logic. Kant explains the former in CoPR.

Belief in contradictions is only a problem if they infect your ordinary interactions with the world: believing a snake both is and is not poisonous can cause major harm. Belief that God was once entirely human and entirely divine: how is that going to cause epistemic problems?
God is also the sort of entity that one might expect to be beyond linguistic descriptions and so contradictions and truth value gaps might just be forced on us by our own limitations.

Why the fuck did they call them "Father" and "Son" though. That clearly implies that one created the other, and/or one is hierarchally higher than the other. If you go for the "God can be several entities" then yeah do it what do I care, but at least don't make it so obviously self-contradicting, like wtf.

God isn't for your amusement, you filthy weeaboo

Yeah, that's what I said.

The answer lies in the wisdom of Theilhard de Chardin.

People have died for worse.

Flour is not egg is not frosting

but hey make up a cake

>for atheism to make sense you must falsify God
The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the person making the claim. You claim this thing called "God" exists, you have trouble being consistent with your claims, and you provide no credible evidence or logical reasoning. Fine, whatever, if you want to believe in made up shit that's your deal, I don't care.

But then you expect me to believe what you say 100%, and disbelieve all the other colossal faggots who are doing the same shit only with slightly different details. You enter politics and vote for people who write laws I am forced to follow based on this bronze age crap. And if I display any kind of skepticism that means I'm a degenerate and a "heretic".

God incernated himself as a human.

youtu.be/l--pgx632fg

Mark didn't even have a geneology, I think you mean Luke. And regardless of whether or not you think he's trying to demonstrate a descent from David, he does harp on the 14 generations between significant events; and seems to be inclined to twist the facts to suit his numerology since reality wasn't considerate enough to comply.

All of the Trinitarian/Christological explanations that made sense were declared to be heresies by the RCC. Shit sucks yo.
Who else /docetism/ here?

>made them into Jesus

That's heresy

Arinisim

The best way to understand this is through category theory. Each of the God, Son, Father and Spirit are objects in distinct categories. Since we are able to conceive of structures about the Son, Father and Spirit, it must then follow that the categories that these objects belong to must contain some form of algebraic structure more restrictive than that with the object God. Thus we can define forgetful functors that map the object God into the Son, Father and Spirit in the respective categories. Since we must have that the Son, Father and Spirit are not the same, the forgetful functors must not be faithful such that the diagram formed by the trinity does not commute.

>Holy Ghost proceeding from father and son
Fuck off

Because on earth he was

but he is more accurately called the Logos

Holy shit
Take off the fedora, go outside, go on a hike, and then reflect on your life.

>le hat meme
>if you don't swallow my bullshit that makes you a degenerate
Christfags are like broken records

>one is one
>but one is also ones's one
>one is 100% one
>but one is also 100% one
The one is not The One is not The ones but all of them are One
>a, b, c, all = d but a =/= b or c.

It's a metaphor. How hard is that. Did you read Moby duck and get confused when the shark from jaws didn't eat it?

>The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the person making the claim. You claim this thing called "God" doesn't exist, you have trouble being consistent with your claims, and you provide no credible evidence or logical reasoning. Fine, whatever, if you want to believe in made up shit and burn in hell that's your deal, I don't care.
But then you expect me to believe what you say 100%, and disbelieve all the other colossal faggots who are doing the same shit only with slightly different details. You enter politics and vote for people who write laws I am forced to follow based on this """enlightened""" crap. And if I display any kind of faith that means I'm a degenerate and a "retarded christian".
Also, if you followed this discussion you'd find that you claimed that your vision of the world was the only logical thing.