So, if I undertstood the sticky correctly, no matter what type of shit I eat...

So, if I undertstood the sticky correctly, no matter what type of shit I eat, as long as I do not exceed the determined calorie limit, I should be fine? Even if I eat junk and sugary shit?

Pic semi-related, its my current bod, put it here so you guys could feel better about yourselves and maybe answer my question

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851&s=be28df5bd8eeb88cdf65279177a194d3
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183&s=be28df5bd8eeb88cdf65279177a194d3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do you think almost every serious bodybuilder eats clean?

No you've got it wrong.

Ideally hit minimum protein requirements.
Then hit minimum fat requirements ( this isn't hard)
Then as long as your eating enough you are okay, if your exercise routine is good and consistent you'll make gains. Note, calorie counting, for all the shit it gets, can be useful at first, because you'd be surprised how much you have to eat.

Secondary to all this, you're going to be a lot better of health wise if you're eating fruits veggies, and eating oily fish a couple of times a week.

Thanks for showing me your pinus.

based on social media appearences obviously, if you know as much about bodybuilding as I do (converges to zero), thats what you would think aswell

Bad eating habits catch up to you quickly. Not only do you focus on macros, but you need to pay close attention to micros also. Eating clean helps you on both. Sure, you can always take a multivitamin, but that's the easy way and doesn't teach you determination and healthy eating habits. The only supplements you should ever be taking is whey and creatine.

currently, I want to cut for 3 months or so, or until I reach 10-12% bf. I havent found anything about minimum fat requirements in the sticky, but maybe I overlooked something, can you tell me more about that?

Yes.
Ignore those faggots.
If you bulk protein is important, but not nearly as important as people want to make you believe. Its not 150g every single day or bust.

So if I eat 9 slices of cheesecake every single day - which is approx. my TDEE - 500 - and nothing else, all while I achieve the daily protein intake, I should be losing bf on the long run?

You'll fucking die in the long run. Look up the potato only diet. You survive for so long, then you go into a coma.

I'd check out bodybuilding com FORUM, not the clickbaity website, and read the nutrition stickies.

I can't remember the minimum fat requirements, I think it's 0.5g per kg of bodyweight. Fats are needed for homone regulation and vitamin/ mineral absorption and sanity. If you're eating 0 fats you ain't going to be making that growth hormone.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851&s=be28df5bd8eeb88cdf65279177a194d3
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183&s=be28df5bd8eeb88cdf65279177a194d3

Correct.
People do this kind of shit all the time to prove how losing weight works. Eat only burgers for months etc.

Sorry dude didn't mean to say you got it all wrong, I think I've got my wires crossed between posts.

Here's what I would do:
1. Weigh yourself. Calculate your estimated: protein, fats, calorie intake.
2. Eat a maintenance amount for a month, or eat 90% of maintenance.
3. Weigh yourself. If you've maintained the same weight, or lost weight, you can adjust accordingly.
4. Once you've got an eye for portion sizes and how much to eat, consider stopping calorie counting.

Enjoy your high cholestrol, liver enzymes and kidney isdues, idiot.

Thank you for the answers

Yes, I could lose weight by eating nothing but 7 Magnum Almond ice creams every day, but but Macros would be fucked. I'd be severely protein deficient, have basically no fibre in my diet, and I'd be eating way too much fat and sugar.

Wait, you're the picture in the OP and you want to cut?

He's losing weight so any of that doesn't matter.

dietary fat being bad for you is a meme

correct, should I not? it may not look like that on the pic, but ive got some serious flobs on my stomach

Liver problems causes weight gain. He should worry about it. When I was drinking heavily, most of my weight gain wasn't from te empty calories, but from my liver enlarging.

Bad kidney function can cause swelling, making you retain fluid. In addition, heavy fatigue is common, which can inhibit motivation.

Do I need to go on why this is a shit idea?

i was not going to do cheesecake diet obviously. it was for the sake of the example.

I know a guy who ate nothing but ham for a few months and it about killed him. He's been pretty fucked up ever since. Aches and pains and other issues all the time. Don't do that to yourself.

And it was a pretty shitty example. If your only goal is to lose weight, then yes, you can do it. It is a function of CICO. But's a shitty idea for what was mentioned. You can't out work or out run a bad diet. You need a balanced diet with macros and micros for excellent results. Otherwise, it's going to catch up to you and you'll experience a lot of bad side effects of it.

It depends on what your goals are. If you just want to cut for a bit, that attitude is fine, but in general, no.

macros matter, because
- too low protein will result in muscle atrophy
- too low fat can result in raised triglycerides, too low cholesterol, lower your test levels, etc, typically comes along with omega-3 deficiency
- too low carbohydrate can make you feel like shit, make you go ketosis, impact your hormonal, insulin & lipid response, etc

micros matter because
- being deficient in micronutrients can cause all kinds of health issues (surely you've heard of the scurvy) but in relation to Veeky Forums in particular:
- lack of vitamin D can mean you build muscles more slowly, you are weaker, you are more forgetful, bone damage will be repaired more slowly, asthma, cancer
- lack of omega-3 can cause fatigue, poor memory, bad skin, heart problems, depression, circulatory issues
- lack of magnesium can mean fatigue, weakness, cramps
- lack of iron can mean headaches, bad skin, fatigue/weakness, worse athletic endurance
- too much sodium can mean bloating, high water retention, increased blood pressure
- too little sodium can mean memory loss, muscle weakness, fatigue, ...

And other than that
- there are thousands of "functionally active" ingredients and minerals in healthy foods such as veggies and apples that we don't necessarily know the function of (or if they do anything at all) but that you might not want to miss out on, just to be sure.

So in the long term, you want to pay attention that you end up with a diet that is not too unbalanced in terms of the three main macros (this will very immediately affect your performance in the gym and otherwise), and that is reasonable w.r.t. the micros (which tend to only affect you in the long term, and are easily compensated for by eating healthy every once in a while and supplementing).

Why does nobody get educated on basic nutrition?

Want to lose weight? Eat less calories
Want to gain weight? Eat protein and stay on minor calorie surplus

Do you mind about heart diseases, liver failures & other stupid shit? Eat healthy shit

are there are godtier fatcontaining-foods?

"I should be fine"
You have defined your question insufficiently, guaranteeing a shit thread. Lurk more and then kill yourself.

wtf, have you ever used this body for anything that wasn't sleeping? You have no muscles whatsoever

Almonds. But you must activate them before you eat them or they are worthless. You can activating them by singing the following song

Who the fuck are all these dyel faggots who think they need to go on a cut when they have no muscle built whatsoever? And now this faggot is trying to take shortcuts on his diet too? Enjoy not making it.

Holy shit. I understood you right.
Don't cut. Here's why :

Your body mode is skinny fat. E.g. No muscle and some belly fat. However you are not as fat as you think you are actually you are normal.

If you go on a cut now, you would reach Auschwitz mode, which is the worst mode to achieve. Because no muscles only bones - a living corpse.

Best thing you can do. Lift weights, built up muscles, if you reached a certain level you can still cut or it might not be even necessary.

"...a shit thread" - you mean like a thread full of fecal matter? I think we both know what the other meant.

apart from all the helping comments ive got, there are some inbreds who clearly can not do basic text comprehension.

My example was a theoretical question, I do care for my health, and I was not planning on doing a diet even similar to the one in my example.

I do, I fuck your mother on a regular basis.

You just made this too easy.

it seems that the picture is tricky. I am 6'4, and im quite wide, also, my arms are girthier than most of the people I meet (they would be still regarded as nonsense by lifters), and I dont want to achieve a body like I've seen a thousands of here. I just want to get some muscle definition without losing too much muscle mass.

Excuse my cancer english, im tired as fk.

they - my arms