Anybody measure their daily calorie intake? Or do you just eat until you think you've had enough...

Anybody measure their daily calorie intake? Or do you just eat until you think you've had enough? Don't want to go through the hassle to measure everything.

If you haven't counted your calories before your idea of what "Enough" is will be wildly off

So just count them once, and get a feel for what is "Enough"?

>So just count them once, and get a feel for what is "Enough"?
You could try that, but you will probably fuck it up.
If you were good at eating you wouldn't need to lose weight, do it properly.

I don't need to lose weight though...

I don't count every day, but counting for a few weeks definitely gave me a lot of useful info about my typical diet. For example, I ate too many carbs, not enough protein and way too little fiber. These days I don't count, but my breakfast and lunch is the same every day and I know that I get enough protein/fiber every day.

I don't count calories at the moment and haven't done so for a long time. It's a hassle and especially so after moving in with my girlfriend. I will say this however; counting calories is THE #1 thing you can do as far as progress in the gym goes.
What I found however was that after counting for a while, I got pretty good at eye-balling my intake. In fact I recommend everybody - regardless of whether they're training or not - go through a period of strict macro counting, just to make themselves more aware of what they're actually eating. It's a pretty useful skill. If you've never counted anything, I guarantee you have no fucking idea what you're stuffing in your face.

>Count once
>Eat the same shit everyday so I know I'm right

My plan

>Don't want to go through the hassle to measure everything.
Then you will never make it, ever. Period.

this

find a way or find an excuse, faggot

/thread

Recently started to to so. It's a bit of a hassle indeed, but the information one gathers and the rising awareness of ones eating habits and macro intake are priceless. Start doing it.

Make what? If my goal is to weigh more, I'd easily make without measuring everything.

I try to keep track of my portions, but I don't count kcals as such. I do measure my weight and body fat. Nutrition labels can be off by as much as 10% and even weighing food doesn't account for variations in water content. A direct measurement of what you want to control is better than an indirect measurement.

If you're a hungry skele that is fine imo but it really isn't that difficult, you don't have to bust out the calculator and get really intense in the micro nutrients. Just google what you ate, add up the calories and protein and jot it down on notepad.

You still want to be eating a similar amount of calories day to day to keep progressively putting on weight.

I use my smartphone's S Health app. It has information on almost all danish food products and is really esay to use. Just had a meal about 432 kcal according to the app. So guessing how much i've had, I'm already hafway today.

I don't keep exact count, like if I use a little bit of bbq sauce on my chicken I wont add it, or some milk with my oats. But my main meals i make sure to add up

If I eat out, do you just find the closest resemblance to what you ate?

I don't really eat out often, but you can google like Name of restaurant (if it's a chain or something) and find the calories in what you ate.

If it's a non chain then you'll just have to guess, it gets easier to guess.

Oh yeah, I guess that's right!

Or just say fuck it that one time you eat out. One meal wont make a difference if you make sure to count the rest of the week.

>…counting calories? Did I raise some sort of bitch?