How much money is enough? In a film called The Gambler (2014) they said $2.5 million

How much money is enough? In a film called The Gambler (2014) they said $2.5 million.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI
bitmex.com/register/1RT5Qy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think 2.5 million is enough for "fuck you money", though 5 would be better. After that it's earning money for power or the fun of it, or wanting to provide for future generations of your family.

Here's the clip from The Gambler, great scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

did you really watch the movie? 2.5mil was enough to buy a house and put the rest in the bank. he still needed to keep a day job. do you want a day job?

$50 million = 1 cu (comfort unit)

2.5 mil at 4% interest is 100k a year right? couldn't you quit your job with that?

>tfw I am a complete jew with money but if I somehow lucked into 2 million with crypto I would spend it all on a lambo, renting a downtown penthouse, and flying strippers to exotic locations and fucking their brains out and buying them gucci bags and shit for a couple years before going back to my job at McDonalds

why can't i just make 2 mill

if you want to live like a peasant

Yes

make it even better by moving to a low cost of living paradise

i live in LA, so no. just make a budget and see how much you need for a house, car, medical insurance, etc. aim for that amount.

>tfw make 60k annually and am better off than 50% of entire families around me
>now all of a sudden 100k isn't enough money for people probably making nothing at the moment

You could live like a king with a family of 5 off 100k in the midwest.

10 is the magic number.

You can let most of your family retire with 10.

pro tip dont live in LA.

Depends where you live, the rate at which you are taxed, and the lifestyle you intend to live.

I had a discussion with a friend here in NZ and we concluded that, after tax, you want between 500k and 4 million. The former is doable if you're extremely frugal, an astute investor, or both. The latter is if you're less active with the management of your money (i.e. it's all in term deposits/funds) and/or you want to support a family and/or a "good life".

2 million is enough. anyone saying you need 50+ million or whatever is just being retarded

i'm waiting for the big earthquake. if i survive i'll probably move after that.

I could make do with $1 desu

I live in LA currently wage cucking for $25k a year and I get by fine

So even at $100k a year in LA you could retire by 50 yo if you're not an idiot.

5 million is the number. 5 million in the bank generates 90k a year. More than enough to live on for most people.

The mindset that keeps people poor.

>bank
>not staking ODN

How much ODN should I have, my dear frogposter? I purchased 10,000 this morning, will this be sufficient?

No one knows for sure. But it's a damn good chance.

>being so much of a lazy cuck that you dump your cash into a 1.2% interest savings account

I would at least spend 30 minutes a day swing trading stocks and making like 20% YoY average. You are giving a bank money by using a savings account.

a masternode sounds pretty comfy to me

3 commas or suicide.

I'm in the midwest, and can confirm this. 100k/yr+ and your kids are going to the "rich school" from the "rich neighborhood".

100 million is "fuck you money"
7-10 million now is the old definition of a "million dollars"

For "enough" I have different stages on how it's earned, but I think my "number is roughly 2.5 billion in diversified assets. Preferably a minimum of a 200mm liquid and 50mm "hidden"

that's a luxury unit

Lol keep flipping burger nigger

Its not about the money men its about the power

shut the fuck up donnie

why the fuck would you live in LA if you're living off investment interest or dividends and not working a job? First thing I'm doing if I ever hit ~$1M is leaving North America and finding the place with the best cost vs safety/quality of life ratio and moving there immediately to spend the rest of my life stress free.

fuckin Brookfield kids

Japan buy one if those compact apartments in tokyo and BECOME anime

>get 2 million
>trade btc on margin
>double your money in a few minutes

bitmex.com/register/1RT5Qy

i just need around $600k and i can do the rest myself

>he ins't building a buy a portfolio of buy to lets and hmo's across europe

I am the Walrus.

by the time i make enough to actually do that, maybe i will. i figure i'll die at work or get diagnosed with cancer before i actually make it though.

Enough money to buy the home of your dreams, a few nice cars, and have enough left over to earn an very high income off the interest payments.

there is never enough

21k BTC

Ohio here, I make over 100k a year. My rent on a 3 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood is 1k a month.

lol just bought 10k worth of omg