When the Mongols were invading Europe, why didn't they go North?

When the Mongols were invading Europe, why didn't they go North?

Did they fear the Finnish Warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's siberia proper u goofy

It's difficult to invade oneself.

>we have invaded all others, but we have not invaded ourselves
>*collapses*

No loot or enough people they can make money off of them (you can’t tax Siberia)

>Late Roman Empire in a nutshell

Their big man died.

Only reason the West rules the world today, while everywhere else is full of backwards, inbred mongrels.

>most of their empire is either steppe or desert
Name 1 empire more overrated than the Mongols.

Why would you invade a place where there is nothing to eat, nobody worth taxing, and barely anything to trade?
Finland was nothing but trees, cold, and depression. Oh, wait, it still is.

Alexander's Macedon

I believe I read somewhere that the taiga people had to pay the Khan and his successors a fur tribute.

Here it is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasak

>steppe or desert
>persia, silk road, fucking china

kys

>uncontested largest empire in history for over 6 centuries
Considering that the typical layman doesn't even understand the actual importance of the Mongol Empire, I'd say it's reasonably rated, if not a bit underrated.

They did kind of own it anyway, the northern borders shown on maps are kind of imaginary. The tribes in southern siberia paid tribute to the mongols, and there wasn't anyone living in the tundra region so.

Persia is mostly desert, its the typical arab country.
China was a bunch of irrelevant towns and villages, it was back then not much more different from central asia.

Fricking unorganized, outnumbered squabbling Greek homos could beat the Persians - nothing to brag about there.

UH, tons of empires are less impressive. Hell I'd say even the British Empire was less impressive. Mongol empire ranks only below such empires as Rome, and real colonial empires like Habsburg Spain

But now we have memes!

>China was a bunch of irrelevant towns and villages, it was back then not much more different from central asia.
That's not what Europeans such as Marco Polo said, you ignorant brat.