How have you improve yourself so far this year, Veeky Forums? What goals do you have for the summer?

How have you improve yourself so far this year, Veeky Forums? What goals do you have for the summer?

>reached lmao3pl8 squat
>put on 6 lbs of muscle (some interruptions but mostly consistent bulking)
>got paid summer internship
>joined college church group
>elected for top officer position in my fraternity
>got a great haircut
>asked out a girl I had just met
>kissed a girl I had just met
>went home with a girl I had just met
>read several pickup and self-improvement books

summer goals:
>hit lmao1pl8 OHP
>actually do c25k
>maybe try Tinder
>listen to the best albums by normie artists (Weezy, Drake, Beyonce, etc)
>watch the movies I really should have seen by now

bump

I roid my head off and break girls hearts

The loneliness and prick of a needle hurt but the best investment in life is an investment in yourself.

Grats man, proud of you

>Started lifting, not missed a day 5 months in
>Got accepted into uni and getting B's and A's
>Stopped playing games/watching anime and being cringy
>Hanging out with friends in the afternoon and going out at night
>Zero Depression
>Got a girl friend

So much has happened, I feel like a completely different person, thanks bros for inspiring me to start these changes.

Pretty good desu, keep it up

I've been sticking with working out and eating right, went from 157 lbs to 164 lbs at 6'0" in around 2 months or so. I don't think I've ever been this heavy and previous attempts at bulking have failed, so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm not quitting any time soon.

I started taking HEMA classes last week. It finally feels like I have some sort of masculine outlet other than lifting.

I'm figuring myself out a little more each day through journals and obvservations. While I still get suicidal I'm better at staving off depressive episodes and taking control of my attitude even if it's difficult.

I'm making attempts at researching clinical Herbalism as a career. I'm going to schedule a consultation with a local clinical herbalist to see if it's a good career choice as there's not much concrete information online. If it looks good I'm signing up right away.

I'm getting a lot more cardio now than ever before and I've almost completely cut out junk food. Haven't regularily had pop since high school either.

I'm starting to think for myself and avoiding parroting.

I still don't feel proud of myself, but I hope I can change that. No matter how much effort I make I can't shake the view of myself that I'm lazy and other people are doing much more with less complaining. I hope I can break theae insecurities.

Which pick up/self improvement books worked best for you?

7 Habits of Highly Effective People is absolutely life-changing.

How to Win Friends and Influence People had a huge impact for the better on the way I interact with people.

Models is an excellent men's self-improvement book; it covers everything including some pickup.

The Book of Pook takes a macro look at the dating field, good for a perspective change.

Can't recommend those first two enough.

Felt like my life was going to shit so I asked myself "what have I done in the last few months that has lead to me being in this situation?" So I listed all my problems and wrote solutions to them

Improved Posture
Put on 10kg of muscle
Gained direction in life (even if that is just coasting at the moment)
Put in significant hours of paid employment
Considered investing (kind of the next step)
Transitioning to a new wardrobe

>Lost 40 pounds
It isn't much but I'm incredibly proud and don't plan to stop anytime soon.

My goal is to build more confidence, I am one of the most aesthetic guys at every gym I have ever been to, and I do get laid here and there but I always shoot way under. When I finally tried running test that shit went away while I was on, I was banging the hottest girls of my life and it was all due to test making me mentally aggresive.

Got strict with my diet and started to really shed those annoying layers of fat so I'm starting to look shredded.

Started reading a lot more. Not anything really intellectual, just genre novels, but it's still a good start.

Threw out/sold/donated a ton of clutter in my house and started living a lot more minimally. This also led me to buying new clothes since I got rid of a ton of stuff, so now I dress better.

Started to do more cardio and meditation.

My skin is clearing up.

:-)

Stopped smoking weed
Cut down on alcohol
Got a job interview coming up tomorrow, and I'm like 90% sure I'll actually get hired this time

Goals:
Get the job and hold it for at least three months
Stop smoking tobacco
Learn how to smoke weed responsibly, but only after not smoking any for two more months
Not be such a dick to my qtbf
Ride my bike more and lift heavier

Goals for the summer are
-Taking a class or 2 to get ahead
-talking to more people
-Perma-bulk
-lift
-get better at guitar and basketball
Das it mayne
My freshman year at uni has been one of the best year out of all my school career.

I'm pretty new

Decided to lose weight, was 205 in February and was tired of being fat. My biggest problem was that my belly wasn't huge but I've had mantits my entire life. It made wearing anything that wasn't a sweatshirt or Hoodie impossible.
I dedicated myself to low cal low fat diet. A lot of fruits and veggies, seriously cutting out fatty meats and pretty much all junk food and candy.
I weighed in at 183 this morning. Really happy about that. Joining a gym this weekend and gonna start lifting. Thanks Veeky Forums

>Joined college church group
>Went home with girl I just met

You might want to rethink your life.

Got fitter
Liked and really respected by most in school
Awesome grades, even tho i'm lazy
but somehow got less hookups than last year :c

Started lifting 2 months ago, best decision I've made. Been using 5x5, gonna try to get 275 squat, 185 bench and 365 deadlift

Oh also cut down alcohol a lot and started working besides school... somehow a way better lifestyle but less bitches at parties. I'm also not really talented when it comes to relationships, they never last that long...

>40 pounds in four months
>not a lot

m6

meh

I dont know about my body goals for summer since they will conflict with my long term goals and id love some input
My goal is to get to 90kg/~10% bf but im wondering if i should cut down right now.
Right now im at 89kg and around 15%bf

Other than that goals are improve grades, beat my previous monthly pay record and build a balanced stock portfolio

This year I've realized both how much stress I can actually take, and how important prioritization is for my well being.
>Student
>Decide I want to do EVERYTHING in student life
>Member of the board of a student musical thing + head of PR
>Work in the bar in one of the student unions every now and then
>Hang out with like four different groups of friends at the same time
>Party like a fucking animal
>Also try to fit in studying

Ended up with my workout schedule down the drain, sitting at 3AM studying because it's the only free time I had, and always feeling like I should be doing something else, regardless what I did. Now that pretty much all of my responsibilities are done, I've realized the value of free time. Taken up my workout schedule again, although now I mostly go out running because I find it the most enjoyable (which is weird for me since I actually have exertion asthma).

What has happened though, is that my confidence has shot through the roof, I regularly notice girls are interested in me (even if I'm a DYEL piece of shit), and I scored an amazing summer job abroad. So all in all good lessons learned, whilst always climbing upwards.

I'm getting the paperwork done to spend my summer at my psychiatrist hospital to get my shit fixed. This is my last attempt before I finally give up

that pic is GOAT

He didn't provide a time frame, also 40 pounds in 4 months is nothing for someone 250+

I don't have anywhere to talk about personal improvement so I'll post it here.
I went from (a year ago):
>130 pounds (short girl)
>can only run 2 miles max with 12m pace.
>no abs, horrible upper body strength
>Failing classes
>antisocial recluse who blames everything on everyone else
>depressed with no hope of fixing it, not even trying
>anemic

to now:
>115 pounds
>Can run 7 miles at a 9 to 10m pace, get up before the sun every other day to pound those out.
>abs are just about there, upper body strength is getting there, no more fat, cutting worked. Muscle definition is finally appearing.
>Straight a's and on track to transfer finally.
>I've been invited to parties, made a few new friends, kissed a girl, spend 4 hours a week volunteering.
>vegan with a couple vegan buddies to support me. Nobody hates me anymore.
>learning how to play guitar, having a blast with gaming and art etc.
>Deleted most social media, only use Veeky Forums sometimes
>tons of energy and in REMISSION from depression if that's even possible.

I'm so much happier now, even though I only consider myself to be halfway there, it gets easier when you start those goals, momentum and such.
Summer goals:
>Reach 13 miles
>Keep working on abs.
>Grow hair out and maybe go to a salon to fix this horrible mess that I have now.
>learn how to makeup +Veeky Forumsshion
>Get a job
>Continue expanding my social circle.

Good job on the bulking + cardio together, I've heard it's hard! I'm proud of you even if you arent user.
>posture
I didn't even think of this but I probably should..
Mental aggression helps. You don't need encouragement bro.
That's one hell of a weight loss keep it up

wanna talk about it user?

how about we not bring other people down about their progress m888

>kissed a girl

FUCK OFF

About two months ago I started doing pranayama which is yoga style deep breathing exercises. I practice for about 15 minutes a day. It's made a huge difference. I used to be lethargic, exhausted, and foggy headed all the time, now I'm just plain Jeb Bush style low energy, so that's a significant improvement. I plan to keep it up and see how far it can take me. Never would have thought just breathing deeply could result in such an increase in energy.

You fuck off faggot. Sorry you haven't made it yet.

Not much to talk really. I dropped out of high school because of depression and lived isolated with my cat for the last 5 years. At this point I'm closer to a cat than a human

You'll be ok user. It might take time and a lot of work and trial and error though.

>gave up vidya and anime
Congrats, you're a normal fag.

>bought a condo
>broke up with girlfriend
>consistently lifting and stretching now
>finished some personal projects

Upcoming goals include
>next career jump
>making a video game i've been planning
>1/2/3/4
>do a full split

>Starting lifting about 6 weeks ago after putting it off for years
>Consistent routine, haven't missed a day
>Taken up running and slowly increasing speed/distance
>Asked for less hours at my job so I can get more done
>Worked out a budget
>Got a goal in mind for my career
>Improved how I talk to girls without either coming across as painfully smug or autistic

Still not perfect, but getting better. I still feel like my life is a bit empty and unfulfilled at times, like I can never be fully content with my life

Want to get laid more and read my history/philosophy to make up for those fruitless years

6 months ago
>200 pounds 14% bf, friendless ripped frog-guy.
>sit at home after gym, thinking about next workout
>masturbate to /b/
>not very social
>unsure about my future, as I was just about to graduate

today
>graduated
>got laid a couple of times
>made a few friends
>got accepted into a major airlines flight academy
>meh

hf, remember not to give up the old you though

Fuck that bitch. Anywhere I can follow you to play your game when it comes out?
I like your summer goals ~ keep it up with the lifting and running too, you've got a great routine sounds like!
>masturbate to /b/
It'll be ok user.
The airline thing should be cool! Sound's like you're getting there.

It's my last attempt before I give up. I've had more than enough of this shitty life. Thanks for the encouragement, I hope I can make it too

>best shape of my life
>closer to graduation
>networking at work with good results

Always get depressed during summer and first summer without my gf so goal is go make it without killing myself
things arent looking good though

Nice that you've also changed your perspective on yourself, going away from blaming everybody else

Just started working out a month ago
Starting to quit Veeky Forums too
Starting to stop being such an Autist and planing to talk to some girls
Looking good but want to look better for girls should have pretty dam good results in about 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully I can come back in a couple months and post the BIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ollll titties I managed to get to my Veeky Forums bros

You should do more shit, going to the gym and clubing is not a hobby.

>Anywhere I can follow you to play your game when it comes out?

/g/ and Veeky Forums will be made aware of it once it reaches some specific milestones, likely in October or November. Keeping the details close for now.

>ex ends shit in such a shitty way that I start reevaluating my whole life
>start meditating
>going to the gym everyday and eating super healthy
>this summer will be monk mode alone at school
>work, lifting and reading

#
#
#
I've been at it since November, for the record. So I've had a good five months and or so.

I realize it could have probably been a bit higher, I've struggled. But I'm doing my best.

I do jaw excersises after I have fapped.
Only have been doing this 3 days but it s a start.

I am not fator anyting but I started noticing that I my jaw was getting a bit loose.

I also got some decent gains.

My goal for the summer is to loose a bit fat to get natty and maybe have a sixpack.

I still dont know to much about fit and should perhaps just stick at the sticky

fuck man this is what i want

allen carr's easy way to stop smoking helped me, I torrented the video.

good luck dude

40 pounds is more than 0 pounds

Keep it up champion

>I am not fator anyting but I started noticing that I my jaw was getting a bit loose.

I thought Jaw exercises where bullshit?
Can't you just chew gum anyways?

>Also that pic Fucking SAVED

>Tfw never watched anime and managed to destroy my video game addiction like 7 Months ago

Am I redeemable?
Veeky Forums is my only flaw

>hit 95lbs on squat for 3 today
>finally worked up to the 15 dumbbells for bicep curls

life is good to me

>full-time job in my chosen career
>passed both entrance tests
>been meditating regularly (but still not enough) to improve focus and reduce anxiety
>started c25k to get functional cardio in and not die of heart disease
>dramatically reduced alcohol consumption, no longer black out on Friday then spend all Saturday useless
>starting to read the classics
>gotten way better at not breaking my meal plan

Anyone have any good posture videos/resources? I feel like this is my main sticking point right now; I think I'm doing fine and then I look like a vulture in photos even when I pose. Would one of those elastic things help?

anyone /meditation/ here? I've read that within 3 months of meditating on a daily basis, it increases the amount of grey matter you have in your brain.

Anyone here been meditating longer than that?

>How have you improve yourself so far this year, Veeky Forums? What goals do you have for the summer?

>lose 5lbs of fat so I can reach my 185 goal and be ripped.
>complete the AT trail.
Gained some muscle from winter bulk so it's hard to tell, but i've lost about 2lbs of fat so far. Slow and steady.
The AT is going well, working my way up to 20 miles a day.

Advice on kicking out video games from my life for good?

I did really well in college, got an internship for the summer, and I started lifting seriously and watching my macros. I am still small and dyel by fit standards, but my normie friends who actually don't lift think I look great.

My goal for summer, other than to continue to improve physically, is to go from lvl 19 kv to wew lad barely made it non-virgin. I have a chubby friend with a 8/10 face. We've been friends for years but she's sort of fat so she'd be an easy fuck. Should I do it Veeky Forums, or should I wait for a healthy grill?

As someone who's been there, you really need to go cold turkey if it's bad. Make not running back to them an option. Give away/sell your shit for maximum chance of success.

I "replaced" it in a way with productive games.Using Duolingo to learn French and try to get high scores hiking and running with a Fitbit that I bought from selling my PS2. I also track my pages read per day as a sort of score.

In my opinion takes strength to shun something that you overindulge in, and it takes even more strength to enjoy it in moderation without overindulging. As long as you are doing a good balance of vidya and non-vidya things, there is no reason to give it up if you enjoy it.

-A lot of people at work and outside of work look to me for guidance at times. I am not perfect but for some reason they come to me for help. So, I am brushing up on leadership skills.

-Finished my business management courses. A lot of workers see me as the one decent supervisor in our company. I am far from perfect but our management SUCKS BALLS and it is why I am leaving.

-I am too poor to get far into psychology so I am starting classes to become a life coach.

-It is funny how you can meet someone and that one person changes the course of your life. My family and friends have worked as police officers as long as I know. I was going to join their ranks. I went through the police academy and was working in a Jail for a while. Made me realize very quickly how we as a society will toss someone away to rot when all they need is someone to listen. I hated working there. I made a friend a while back that suffers from mental illness. Seeing him struggle has made me change a bit more than I thought. I am also taking courses on mental health, shadowing a buddy of mine that is a psychotherapist, and thinking of continuing my education into counseling / rehab.

oh, and I lift.....for the grillz

Still reading a lot, I think I've almost devoured a lifetime's worth of books on philosophy and ancient history, starting on military strategy right now.

Worked up to 4pl8 Deadlift this year which is nice, cutting now though.

For this year I'm working on accepting the fact that I will die alone on this earth with no warmth in my life save that given off by my computer.

thanks for this

These threads are cancer desu familia

I can finally do my first chin up, bare hands on door frame. Developed a more regular workout/study habit, can consistently study 2 hours daily and do some basic bodyweight every other day all from rarely ever. I no longer overeat as well, my weight has dropped to normal range. And, my anxiety for self DMARD injection has improved.

This board has been a great source of inspiration and laughter.

>started eating healthier, completely cutting off any processed shit
>quit smoking a pack a day cold turkey
>got my uni life back on track after struggling with depression
>relationship got serious
>started to lift seriously and regularly, and actually enjoying it

All this in 9 months. Lost 20 kilos, gained some muscle mass (though I had some 85 to start with), I feel better, I look better, I'm looking forward to buy clothes - and I'm generally more vain about my appearance right now

Summer goals
>First and foremost keep exercising.
>Try to get that beach body going
>Take up running seriously, in order to run a half marathon

Probably the single most important thing in this mess of a few months was being comfortable with dissatisfaction. I can never be satisfied with what I achieve now, knowing I can achieve what I set out to do. It baffles me how complacent I was before

>exercising regularly (resistance training x3 weekly, cardio x3 weekly)
>dieting much more effectively
>making effort to be less autistic and more sociable
>revived some friendships, met some new people, trying to be a positive influence
>lost 15 pounds since the New Year on journey to 160 (started at 223 almost 3 years ago, been halfassing it most of the way)
>making good money at one job, may be getting promoted at the other
>may be moving out of parents house soon
>getting ready to apply for grad school to get career moving after squandering undergrad
w-we're gonna make it familia

I got leaner and Im eating healthier.

Wasn't overweight but had body fat..
>Went down from 165 to 150
>5"10
My depression has been getting worse and worse and I recently got my heart torn apart by a she demon, but I'm not gonna let it get the best of me. I'm gonna keep working on myself.

>Dropped lifting and picked up BJJ, boxing and MT
>gonna pick lifting back up in the fall when I go to uni
>doing better in school, went from 60-80 to 78-92

Anyone have tips for getting up early and not being a lazy fucking faggot and going back to beD??

Stay strong user. I had my heart ripped out about a month ago. Things get better. Just takes time.

Good shit user, keep it up

People like you are who I needed when I was a teenager user.
Keep it up, you can help a lot of people.

Chubby girls are better in bed, cute ones even better; as long as there won't be emotional attachment do it.
Maybe you can even help her get in shape.

>kissed a girl
fucking normies

also good job

>i'm into self improvement
>im not good enough so I need to improve myself
>i do it to become strongest virgin of myself

Don't be a faggot, I delt with the same shit and I'm finally making it. I'm gonna go wake up my qtgf, and you are gonna work hard at being better to yourself, you fucking fag. Good luck user, I promise you'll make it.

Look at the three things you've done so far. Any single one of them is worth more than missing a grill. Trust me, I have a gf, I know the feel, but stop being such a faggot and focus on yourself. U can do it user.

>i do it to become the strongest virgin of myself

>nofap
>swimming 3t/w
>doing bodyweight stuff
>fixed posture
>doing improv to become less socially awkward
>dancing to become more physically comfortable around women
>going to a discussion club -> pretty good at holding conversations now
i think i might make it