How bad is getting drunk everyday for gains...

How bad is getting drunk everyday for gains? I hear it lowers T levels but my test is already high so that's not really an issue

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383078/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12297982
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20420572
ingentaconnect.com/contentone/ben/cpb/2010/00000011/00000005/art00009?crawler=true
lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-mushrooms-1337.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11007236
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17717682
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2299844
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10642377
erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health.shtml
mycospawn.com/?language=en
shroomsupply.com/
magic-mushrooms-shop.com/en/
mega.nz/#!OssXCKTD!RE6I27zSJtwVL9YflwsX-aTYaJY8cB3CWiJLYbrDBVQ
nhs.uk/Tools/Documents/Alcohol myth buster.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bad for muscle gains but good for social gains

pretty fucking bad. once in a while is ok though

/thread

My friends drink every night. They work shitty jobs at a restaurant and then go out for drinks until 3 in the morning. Every night.

Am in the right to try and push them out of my life? I can't go out drinking as I have to be at work at 730 in the morning but if I lose them I don't really have any other friends.

It just seems like they went off the rails these past few months because they've been out of college long enough and theyre not really making any progress. So theyre falling into this habit of either being drunk, being asleep or being at work.

Find other friends before you break it off with them.

That's what I've done for almost 8 years now

>tfw now I have to drink everyday or I'm miserable and shake and sweat
>tfw actual alcoholic

That sucks. Did you realize what you were doing to yourself and just not care?

I mean, i'm not exagerrating here when i say theyve been out at the bars every night for the past 3 months. And then very heavily before then, usualy 5 nights a week.

I think they're both just depressed with their shitty lives they've built for themselves and the only joy they have is going out and drinking with the same people talking about the same shit.

Not bad at all.

Johnny Depp has been an alcoholic for all his life. Yet...he looks like a Greek god. Why? Genetics. Alpha Genetics. You'll have hundreds of IDIOT gymcels on Veeky Forums claiming genetics don't matter, but your genetics are your LIFE. If you find alcohol doesn't affect you negatively, then you'll be fine.

It depends...can you touch your nose with your tongue? If so then you are probably ok to get drunk everyday.

More than 1-2 drinks a day will have significant ill effects on your overall health

First he does not look like a Greek God
Second he has enough money for whatever cosmetic treatments or surgeries he desires
Third he hasn't aged very well considering the resources he has available

I can do that, why would it be okay to get drunk every day? doesn't alcohol kill gains?

Wasting all that momey on alcohol and going out and they probably wonder why they're making no progress in life.

>he looks like a Greek god.

He looks like a heroin junkie

OP, alcohol is loaded with empty calories, and (TW Broscience) isn't processed by your body the way other macros are. The body works first to remove the alcohol, slowing or preventing proper digestion of other macros, denying you gains

Heroin has a lesser negative effect on your health than alcohol

I didn't realize until it was too late

this

Absolutely necessary for liver gains. After 10-15 years you will have a rock hard and solid liver to show off.

Just stick to MDMA, LSD, and Ketamine OP. Much better for your liver.

Google it.
Protein is processed in the liver, so is alcohol. Alcohol is poison, so that's what your liver is working on.
>say goodbye to all gainz

Iktf man I have seizures when I don't drink

Shrooms is best for yor health (literally no impact except if you have hidden psychic stuff) and most interesting imo. No party drug tho... mdma and stuff will fuck you up longterm

Absolutely. Surrounded yourself with people you aspire to be like. Never be the one fit/wealthy/smart guy in a group, the others will resent you and do their best to hold you back.

Feckin eejit. Wean yourself off. Or take a few months off to go cold turkey.

How much does it fuck with your gains?
I already feel guilty when I drink like 2-3 beers...per week.

don't let them drag you down mate

>tfw i drank at least 21 beers and 3 shots of rum last saturday
fuck

alcohol is bad for you life. which includes your gains. there are some braindead idiots ITT who claim it's not like that, but it is. it will fuck up your friendships, your relationsships, your healt, your sanity, all you are. it will do that slowly, without you recognizing it at first.
keep your hands off the juice.
this being said, having a couple of drinks once a month is nice. just don't let it get out of hand. and don't ever drink alone or be the most wasted person where you are.

>MDMA
>better for your liver

the fuck m8

Oh fuck off. You can have a single drink every day and be fine. Show me a successful, well adjusted daily user of heroin.

well, he's right.
but mdma fucks up your brain, lsd is actually fine and ketamine makes you need a new exit for your piss before you are 50.

one drink a day can even be beneficial for your health

any more than that and you are risking your gains and your health in general

mdma doesnt fuck up your brain

having 2 grams of mandy a night every weekend for years fucks up your brain

keep it at less than once a month or less and your good.

>well, he's right

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383078/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12297982

sure

it does fuck up your brain, you may not notice if you don't dose regularly, but mdma is still neurotoxic

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20420572

I was reading a study a while back that said alcoholics that drank twelve or more drinks a day had their protein synthesis inhibited by over 23%. So, it's pretty bad, but it's not like working out is invalidated by being an alcoholic. Drinking and lifting is still better than just drinking.

counting is always a big red flag for me

why are you keeping a tally on how many beers you had?

yup, you're right. i thought we were talking about some kind of heavy use.

did you read the studies you're citing or did you just google something up to be smartass?

yeah user, I had to do the same with a lot of my friends. If you wanna get anywhere in life, you have to separate yourself from the losers.

did you?

here, have another (this is actually a book with an abstract about this subject, if you don't feel like clicking on it)

ingentaconnect.com/contentone/ben/cpb/2010/00000011/00000005/art00009?crawler=true

you didn't answer my question. i just did.
and if you did, which i don't believe, you should learn how making a point in the medical field works.

>anon1 citates a hepatotoxic substance as an alternative to another hepatotoxic substance
>anon2 says this is wrong
>fuckwit1 trying to correct something that shouldn't be corrected because it's true in the first place
>gets btfo with actual information about it
>proceeds to start arguing about ego and gramatics avoiding the main point

every fucking time

also, are you aware that you are the smartass one with that "I know everything about drugs" attitude that you showed here?

when you say here have another one you realise they are both the same article, they have the same authors 'Sarkar, Schmued'

I did answer your question then, right?

MDMA is still an hepatotoxic substance

you are trying to look superior over me acting like you read the entirety of every study you come across so my point becomes somehow invalid, when in reality you are just proving in every post that you don't know shit about the actual damage that the drugs we take may cause on our body

you are plain stupid m8

maybe your right user, its true I don't know the actual damage that the drugs I take cause my body, I mean I don't even test shit. Maybe next week I'll drop PMA and become the anti-drug poster boy.

can you tell me what hepatotoxic means?
what exactly is the danger caused?
is it safe in moderation?

also

>authors of first article -> A J Ellis, J A Wendon, B Portmann, and R Williams

>authors of second article -> Lange-Brock N1, Berg T, Müller AR, Fliege H, Neuhaus P, Wiedenmann B, Klapp BF, Mönnikes H.

>authors of third article -> Carvalho, Marcia; Pontes, Helena; Remiao, Fernando; L. Bastos, Maria; Carvalho, Felix

lmao not even right on that

dude just stop, I like drugs as much as you or the next guy, pic related is my new batch of shrooms, I'm just stating the fact that mdma shouldn't be consider as a "safer alternative" to drinking alcohol because it causes damage to the liver too, maybe even more than alcohol

stop derailing this shitty argument, stuff your body with whatever the fuck you want and move on

How are the macros on those?

I'm so jelly brah

>tfw you love being able to drink people under the table with ease

I'm an alcoholic but I'm never the guy making a fool of myself because my tolerance is ridiculous

You make me sad user. Get help.

I was legit discussing this four days ago with a friend lmao

I didn't find any nutritional breakdown on psilocybin mushrooms, but I guess they are more or less like any other shrooms in that aspect. The micronutrients is where is at, nice brain gains with these.

lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-mushrooms-1337.html

>tfw mushrooms aren't just paper mache penises full of water
>tfw high in fiber
>tfw more potassium than a banana
>tfw they may help fight cancer
>tfw about 700 species have known medicinal properties used for centuries

they are quite easy to grow bro, why don't you give it a try?

>say goodbye to all gainz
my sides

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11007236
>Body composition changes induced by chronic ethanol abuse: evaluation by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.
>Alcoholics showed a reduced fat mass and a good preservation of lean body mass with respect to control subjects, and duration of alcohol use and alcohol dose did not seem to influence body composition.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17717682
>Motor performance during and following acute alcohol intoxication in healthy non-alcoholic subjects.
>No change was seen in isokinetic as well as in isometric muscle performance during or following the alcohol intoxication as compared to the non-alcoholic condition.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2299844
>The effect of ethanol on exercise-induced muscle damage.
>It was concluded that acute ingestion of alcohol has no effect on several indicators of exercise-induced muscle damage.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10642377
>Effect of acute postexercise ethanol intoxication on the neuroendocrine response to resistance exercise.
> Concentrations of testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and corticotropin were not affected by either treatment.

alcohol is a shitty drug though. I'd rather be fucked up on codeine, but codeine medications are always mixed with some shit because leftist nanny state

Did you grow them or buy them?

I currently have alcohol as my drug of choice, but that's just because it's easy to get a hold of. I prefer just about anything else because alcohol makes you fat if you have more than a couple a day.

I am genuinely asking these questions
I've heard of serotonin syndrome etc
but this was the first I've heard that just regular low dosage could cause harm

I used to get drunk every day for a long time (years!)

I worked out three times a week too.

After quitting, I made more progress and physical improvement in a month than I had a year.

How impressionable are you faggots that you can't do both? I don't let people control my life and if you just talk to people instead of acting like a child they'll understand.

I have friends who never went to college and I have friends with PHDs

No you didn't bud

grow them :^) nice as fuck seeing your future highs literally pop up in some rye grains and dirt (coco fiber in my case)

hepatotoxic is something that causes liver damage

erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health.shtml as a summary, you can find more if you take the time

almost everything is safe in moderation user, just remember you are the one who decides what exactly moderation is, and the one who takes the risks

There are safer drugs out there man, and a lot more enjoyable than molly if you ask me. If I could change the ~10 times I took mdma for a nice trip with shrooms/lsd/2cb/mescaline/ketamine, I would. Two first times were great desu, the rest of them were just something that made me feel dirty and depressed the next day, not worth the trouble.

Where'd you get the spores to grow them? Did you have to go full on dark net and bitcoin? How much is the whole set up?

Al/ck/ bro here

This weirdly made me feel better

Thanks

cheers man, my only fear is that i get heavy anxious/paranoid when I've smoked weed and I worry that transitioning to hallucinogens could fuck me, thinking of trying 2cb then maybe shrooms. acid gives me the fear

You're welcome man.

I'm from Spain, I "bought" them here -> freespore.com (they actually send you prints for free, you just have to send a letter to them with your request). They were 3 years old tho, shitty quality, hard to germinate.

There are better sites to get them, even ones who exclusively dedicate to sell cultivation supplies

mycospawn.com/?language=en

shroomsupply.com/

magic-mushrooms-shop.com/en/

I don't know where you live man but I don't really think you have to get this kind of shit in the deep web to stay safe, just be careful with what you are doing and don't tell anybody (not even your closest friends). It's a relatively safe illegal practice.

Whole setup depends on your goal, around 100€ if you want a steady supply of shrooms, biggest expense is a pressure cooker. There are a lot of alternatives tho, you can grow your own mushrooms for under 50€, only not as many. There are growkits too.

I get it brother, just be careful. I had my share of bad trips too, even though psychedelics are my favourite kind of drugs. It just happens, depends mostly on your mental state, and your company. If you want some advice start with shrooms man, psilocybin is among the nicest psychedelics. Always with low doses, 1-1,5 grams of cracker dry shrooms with an empty stomach, see how it goes for you and work your way up for some heavy trips, if that's what you want. Do it always with your best friends in a comfortable space, or alone. Good luck man

>How bad is getting drunk everyday for gains? I hear it lowers T levels but my test is already high so that's not really an issue
Drinking every day has worst side effects than smoking every day.
Granted, if you are drinking enough water to purify your intake and enough rest and nutrients to repair the damage. It can be a lot less damage over time than smoking. However realistically people do not do this.

Alcohol poisoning
High blood pressure, stroke, and other heart-related diseases
Liver disease
Nerve damage
Sexual problems
Permanent damage to the brain
Vitamin B1 deficiency, which can lead to a disorder characterized by amnesia, apathy and disorientation
Ulcers
Gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls)
Malnutrition
Cancer of the mouth and throat

The list is a lot longer than smoking and the major keypoint for gains is
>heart disease
anything that effects the heart effects gains, high blood pressure restricts bloodflow which leads to eventual testosterone problems as not as much blood is making it to the testicles.
eventual erectile dysfunction soon follows as blood flow and nervous system issues begin.

lol dis nigga wit de after school special. a few a month? wtf? I often drink alone. I am often one of the more drunk people (its hard to tell who is most drunk when your drunk) but i am rarely hungover and often I don't drink at all depending on my mood. I drink when i am happy not to be happy. the trick is to not rely on any substance for happiness

I worked in the service industry for 4 years during uni. Get out ASAP and find a BS corporate job. It's not as fun (obviously) but I enjoy the higher pay, more freedom, and being able to plan for the future.

Wait, does drinking lots of water really help that much? When I drink I always have a cup of water with each drink, and then I'll have anywhere from a quart to a gallon of water before bed.

You seem like a pretty cool dude. I'm not even being sarcastic.

drinking lots of water helps at life man. i believe in that shit 100%

>Wait, does drinking lots of water really help that much? When I drink I always have a cup of water with each drink, and then I'll have anywhere from a quart to a gallon of water before bed.
In the military I was systematically turned into an alcoholic (I rarely drink more than a few beers now, I smoke weed regularly.) we were drinking 30+ beers a night and/or a few 40s since they were cheap as shit.
Regular water intake throughout the day and during my drinking left little damage.
I would regularly wake up still drunk and go on 5+ mile runs.
I pissed like a racehorse all the time.
My issue eventually became Autonomic Nerves as I would stop breathing in the middle of the night.

My kidneys have been checked regularly and I have little to no damage, considering how much I drank for how long.
All thanks to water and good meals.

Also sundays I regularly purged with cranberry juice and gallons of water. Which might have made a difference or might not.

The amount of alcohol isn't usually the issue, it's how long you let it sit in your system.

Wow, thanks man. I was going to try to get into indoor growing weed, but this seems like a less risky idea. I realize that I can't live without a mind altering substance in my life, and I need something with no/virtually no calories to replace alcohol.

If I already have a pressure cooker then would I still be able to cook with it even if I use it for this? Or will it have to be dedicated to growing?

I do it because it's easy to lose track when you're out drinking with friends. I usually try not to have more than 3-5 going out.

thank you user really appreciate it, you don't usually get this kind of compliments here

if you are the guy asking for shrooms, have this mega.nz/#!OssXCKTD!RE6I27zSJtwVL9YflwsX-aTYaJY8cB3CWiJLYbrDBVQ

I actually uploaded it for another user who was also asking a few days ago, drugs seem to be a recurrent thing here on Veeky Forums lol. You'll find almost anything you need to know there, it's mostly focused on how to make a greenhouse but the basics are the same for any kind of method you choose. I included quite a few books on general cultivation too. Have fun bro

Interesting. I always drink a lot of water (about a half gallon to a gallon of unsweetened tea + a gallon of normal water) even when not drinking, but I really amp it up when I drink. I also almost never get hangovers, so maybe the water does have something to do with it.

Not doubting you guys at all, but are there any studies behind this or is it more trial and error and educated guesses?

Nah that wasn't me (the one asking about shrooms), but I agree that you're a cool dude. I really appreciate the help man, looks like I found a new hobby.

It is a lot less risky, and a lot cheaper too.

Yes man, it's completely harmless for your pressure cooker :^) check my previous post, download for mushroomgrowing gains

>Not doubting you guys at all, but are there any studies behind this or is it more trial and error and educated guesses?

There are studies on it,
I've seen a few where college students would down a gallon of water on a friday before partying or take three Asprins before bed. It still effects people regularly, but the majority result was always no hangover or quicker recovery time from hangovers.
>nhs.uk/Tools/Documents/Alcohol myth buster.htm
Scientifically it makes sense, if you flush all the stuff out of your body before or during your regular sleep patterns you'll have less alcohol to metabolize. If you pass out with a lot of alcohol in you, you'll still be metabolizing it while you're asleep. Which leads to eventual dehydration.

Oh yeah, I always take 800 mg of ibuprofen before bed when I drink heavily after reading something about hangovers being part inflammatory pain and part dehydration. It helps a ton even when I go completely balls out, and I virtually never get hangovers between that and high water intake. I found eating something salty before bed helps a lot with being hydrated as well.

Thanks for the link man.

I don't drink many gatorades, but i'm a sucker for Glacier.
At the end of a long night of drinking I down the whole thing, seems to help.

my pleasure bro

I'm 28, all of my friends did the same and most of them have pretty shitty lives now. Only just recently have some of them smartened up.

Alpha males unlike u

and you know they are voting for bernie sanders

>tfw you work at a brewery and everyone drinks after shift
>tfw all of your coworkers spend all of their time planning brewery trips or going to beer bars
>tfw you would drink 2x a week max and now it's at least a beer or two every shift.

At least I still run and lift. My dad is an alkie so I definitely need to keep it under wraps.

If you're early mid twenties I'd def hang with them sometimes. Those service industry parties are filled with some good pussy.

>alcoholism
Never going to make it.
Better get into AA, son.

What brewery do you work for?

Curious myself.

If you drink less than 10 a day you're fine

>tfw live in ontario
>tfw spend 25 dollars or more a day on alcohol

alcohol is expensive as fuck here, on just cigarettes and alcohol I'm spending 40 bucks a day

>not drinking heavily

not gonna make any social gains brah

10 everyday is bordering on alcoholic man

>thinks he has high test when he's drunk everyday

I've got bad news son

>b-b-b-but muh high test womyn

2 drinks a day doesn't even count as drinking you faggot

This

It doesn't count unless you're getting blackout drunk. Why even drink if you aren't going to get hammered?

I've been drinking on average 15 beer a day for 2 years, do you think my test got lowered dramatically because of it?

What's your cup size titty boi