How did America become a Kraut colony?

How did America become a Kraut colony?

thats just a huge meme, because american identity exists.

Americans thought that claiming to be German was cooler than being a bland Anglo, and Italians are wogs, French pussies and Irish drunktards.

German immigrants had been here since the 1600s, but there were several large waves before WWI.

Most of them fled here when their revolution got #btfo back home.
Good industrious people, strongly anti-slavery, introduced worker's rights and Christmas traditions.
Decided to eradicate German-American culture during the Great War.
Now we've fully embraced our beautiful Anglo traditions such as uncontrolled capitalism, lack of order/discipline and a meaningless language.

>american

Before the Eternal Krauts united in their attempt to destroy Western Civilization, they used to fight amongst each other constantly, a lot of plebes found a way out by moving to America.

looks likes Germany was the US first case of the Mexicans

Most of those kraut counties are very sparse in population, there aren't nearly as many Germans as it would appear from that map (roughly 15% of the USA)

>yfw the American, English, Irish, and German on this map are the same people

>tfw live in an african-american county

>uncontrolled capitalism
It's called the free market, communist shitbag

>lack of irder/discipline
It's called freedom and liberty you authoritarian cuck

>meaningless language
You mean the finest language there is?

Here's the pasta you ordered.
>This is a load of shit and you know it.
>Back in the eighties, British was the single biggest census category, bigger than both Irish and German, at over 25%. What happened since then? Did we have a huge influx of Krauts and Micks? And huge expulsion of our Brits? No, we added the "American" category. And many old settler-descendants, ones who had been here since the foundation of this nation, checked that.
>Also, even then, I'd estimate that an even larger portion of the populace who are mainly British-American check an other box on the census. Why? Because they feel closer to some more recent member of the family. For example, if one has a German grandmother, and otherwise stretches back to 1680 with only British roots, that person would be likely to check German, since that's the closest contact to foreign culture he has, as British-American culture simply evolved into American culture.
>For example, my mother is 1/4 Swedish, and is otherwise completely old-stock English-American, but she checks Swedish on any census.
>Personally, I'd reckon we're over a third primarily British, and over half, just counting whites.

I would guess it’s referring to Old-Stock Americans, WASPs and Scotch-Irish and the like

/thread

How do we know that this wasn't a shoah?

You should add the statistics from people who only identify as "American" for comparison too.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any convenient graphs or tables so this is the best I could do.

Most of the east coast is anglo or irish descended but west of that its mostly germans, inthe late 19th and early 20th century huge waves of germans settled the interior of the country and some in california and texas

Lots of people in the North are descended from Old-Stock Americans. Especially in the Northeast believe it or not