fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsticky.com/texas-method
youtu.be/3fD3-E2jM7E?t=6m20s
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
powerliftingtowin.com/beyond-531/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Now that this is quiet will you tell me some pros:cons of supersets? With rest in between them (I understand some bodybuilders call superset to alternating two exercises with no rest inbetween).

I've been using them to get swole after strength stuff (program very similar to your TM split), and the fact that they're VERY under-represented if not straight up dis-encouraged in strength stuff makes me a bit wary. Some bbers even say muscles contract more harder/more efficiently after having worked their antagonist.

I use it to confuse my muscle and make mad gains

There's nothing confusing about alternating dips and chinups with 2min in between. In his Crossfit stay Rip told crossfitters to alternate chins//dips//pushups or something like that.

*[muscle confusion meme]

Good to save time when doing accessories.
Bad to use with main lifts where you'll actually need the energy.

I think there's a couple of TM routines I've written around here with supersets, even.

What do you guys think of the Wendler 5/3/1 program vs PHAT for a cut? Right now I'm leaning to the 5/3/1 because of the less time it takes, but I want to know if there's any significant difference in gainz.

PHAT is for roiders

How do you think rich froning made those gains bro. He uses muscle confusion

Fuck she is so hot. Going to wank now. Thanks

Layne Norton is a natural bodybuilder tho

Rich Pinacolada?

You forgot the PHD

Firelink miracle guy blows, estus reinforcement is useful, weapon reinforcement is the shit, and I hate Darkroot so now I'm buying like 200 firebombs and plan on just burning my way through it because I'm a throwables whore and this game took the last of my integrity.

Also have lost almost no strength on c6w during the first 3 weeks of a cut, thank's for the suggestion.

What's your opinion on fierce 5's ppl? I am looking for a good ppl routine- let me know of your suggestion. Thanks.

Fierce 5 LPP:
Legs
*Squat 3x5-6
Alternate Lunges with *DL every leg day 3x5-6 (when you don’t DL do 3x10-12 shrugs as well)
Good Morning 3x8-10
Leg Extensions/Leg curls (Superset 3x10-12)
Calf work 3x12-15

Push
*Bench(Horizontal Press) 3x5-6
*OHP(Upward Press) 3x5-6
Dips or fly 3x8-10
Overhead Extensions(long head iso)-3x8-10/Ab work-3x12-15 (Superset)
Lateral Raises 3x10-12

Pull
*Pendlay Rows(Horizontal Pull) 3x5-6
Yates Rows(Upward Pull) 3x5-6
Lat Pulldowns(Downward Pull) 3x8-10
Reverse Flies/Overhead face pulls (Superset 3x10-12) (For facepulls think 60 degree incline for the angle)
Curls 3x8-10

You will be working out 3 consecutive days followed by a rest day. Ex: Mon-Legs, Tues-Push, Wed-Pull, Thur-Rest, Fri-Legs, Sat-Push, Sun-Pull, Mon-Rest…etc.

You’ll add 5 lbs to all of your upper body lifts* and 10lbs to all of your lower body lifts every 4 cycles (16 days.) After 2 cycles increase the reps from the lower rep range to the higher rep range.

I've been doing a plain jane version of TM and I've noticed my chest severely lacking behind all other lifts. Is there a good way to add chest volume?

sorry I went afk for a sec, so basically

A - volume squats/bench or ohp/rows
a - curls/tricep extension/abwork/calf raise
B - light squats/light bench or ohp/deadlifts
b - same a, bi/tris work
C - intensity squats/bench or ohp/cleans
c - same as a, maybe add in lats/shrugs/wrist work

Go AaBbCcx - where CAPS is compounds only, small letters is isolations.

tl;dr - do TM but do compounds and isolations on diff days.

You won't be able to progress very far with that scheme, really. At least not for the OHP and DL.

There some examples of PPL splits for early-intermediate lifters on fitsticky.com/texas-method

Yeah, increase the benching frequency, do spoto bench with pauses, do accessories, etc

>weapon reinforcement is the shit

Yes, it's more important than leveling up actually.
Armour reinforcement isn't that useful, though, funnily enough.

> I'm buying like 200 firebombs and plan on just burning my way through it

I don't even remember using firebombs in DS1 kek
I always carry a bow with me though, really helpful.

>Also have lost almost no strength on c6w during the first 3 weeks of a cut, thank's for the suggestion.

Nice, great that it worked. Some people have issues handling the initial weeks even when bulking.
Good luck on the skill tests, hopefully you even manage some good PRs.

Yeah it sounds fine, though I'd probably skip the triceps work (or just do it on the main days), since triceps recovery can become an issue for bench/ohp progression.
But biceps, forearms, abs, calves, shrugs... that's all fine, if you're eating well.

If your numbers are going up steady, then it's working.

Not sure I understand what you're doing with the main days though... but hey if it's working for you then it's fine.

Rate my routine please, AxBxCxx with conditioning 3x a week (no specific days just 3x a week)

I loosely based it off your recommendation of putting a leg, press, and pull movement in each workout and intended to work each muscle group to some extent each workout

A
Deadlift 5/3/1
OHP 5/3/1
DB rows (work to 1xF, increase weight @ 25 reps)
dips 4xF

B
hang clean 5x3
Bench 5/3/1
lat pulldown 5x8
side raise 5x8

C
Squat 5/3/1
snatch grip hi pull 5x3
incline dumbell press 5x6
curl 5x8

Is this better, or rearranging the lifts into a A) squat/bench/chest and tri assists and B) deadlift/OHP/back and bi assists days and doing AxBxAxx,BxAxBxx?

What's the reason for thinking progress will stall quickly?

High volume maxing DL twice per week
Trying to max OHP after maxing benching

It's not gonna work unless you're a beginner and not lifting very heavy... and even then, you'd see faster, more reliable, and further results with a novice program.

It might be easier to do OHP before DL on A, and bench before cleans on B.

I'd also recommend squatting at least twice per week. Just do volume squats with lighter weights on B or something.
I'd also probably do volume bench instead of incline DB on C. It's important to have some frequency with it, in order to hone technique.

25 reps with DB rows seems like a waste. Just add weight so you stay around 8-12 if you want to do high reps.

5 sets on every accessories sounds kinda tiring as well. I'd rather just switch them to 3 and add more variety if more volume is needed.

I'm also not a big fan of the 5/3/1 progression scheme, at least not for lifters who would be able to progress well with a faster program.
But if you aren't able to progress with fater programs anymore, or you're cutting or something, then it's fine.

Actually, my bad, you're alternating the DL with lunges so it's not that bad. Lunges are a meme though. You're better off doing a lighter floor pull for volume tbqh.

Still, doing 3x5 while maxing isn't gonna be easy once you're lifting heavy.

I'm also not a fan of giving minor pulls as much, and even more, emphasis than the big lifts - but this is a goals thing.

Don't go too heavy with leg extensions, they can be quite bad for the knee health.

Thanks.
I'll take your suggestions into consideration.
The 25 db rows thing is actually based on the Kroc Row, as suggested by Jim Wendler in 5/3/1.

Is 4x8 better? I'm going off your links which said that number of heavy sets is a better factor for growth than the rep scheme. And yes, I do it for volume since each body part is split over the week.

Finally I do 5/3/1 for those reasons, because I stalled on 5x5/3x5 far too much, and because I'm cutting. So far, I've gained a lot of strength using 5/3/1 hence why I do it.

lunges are a meme? .. lol
I don't even know why I'm asking you for an advice. Educate yourself on Q angle balance.

>AII the fucking shiII cIick bait in the O P

>AII these IiteraI faggots not reaIizing they were baited into becoming nothing more than cIicks for the O P sites

>Thread is now kuck generaI and O P samefaggoting to get these shitty threads started

>PuIIing a bunch of info together from other sites and passing it off as his own

>More than haIf of it is just opinion advice with no certified facts behind it

At Ieast the worst peopIe on this board are aII stuck in here than other threads.

>The 25 db rows thing is actually based on the Kroc Row

Wait, aren't Kroc Rows supposed to be done very heavy, with "cheating", and for low reps?

Sets are more important, but doing too many sets is just too exhausting.
Besides, it's more fun to do 2-3 sets of one accessory + 2-3 sets of another one than doing 5 of a single one. Less boring, at least. But do whatever you prefer, really.

Stick to 5/3/1 then, you should be good.

Lunges are fine if you like them, I'm just memeing.

Q angle balance is an actual meme though.

Yes to the cheating, but no to low reps. They're high weight, high rep.
Cool thank you, yeah I stick to 5/3/1 for the big 4 lifts, my question is more regarding the assistance and the way it's split up. Do you think it's enough work, assuming I do 4x8 instead?

Trap! What do you think of subbing in a push press or push jerk in the T method for the Press?

No it fucking isn't... lateral and vastus heads balance angle of knee joint. You are fucking retarded.

Should be enough work either way, really, specially considering you're also doing big compounds.
You can keep doing 5 sets if you have energy and feel like it.

You mean subbing the press for push press or push jerk?
Push press is very useful to get stronger at sticking points in the press. Allows you to really overload the triceps and the traps. I always suggest incorporating them into the OHP volume work - instead of doing 5x5 80-90% OHP as usual you'd do 3x5 OHP and then 2-3x6-8 Push Press.
Push jerk isn't very useful unless you're doing weightlifting. And even then, it's a minor accessory that's not even used very often.

Vastus lateralis and vastus medialis*.

is 14cm penis circumference too small

It's fine.

Thanks trap!

is drinking diet coke gonna fuck me up?

>Not sure I understand what you're doing with the main days though
Main days are just regular texas method compounds (volume, light, intensity) where ohp/bench are alternated.

I'm practicing my Slav Squat (tm) right now.
I want to be able to squat for an hour or so at a time. I think I've got the technique down, but it gets uncomfortable after a few minutes. Is there anything aside from Slav Squatting that I can do to improve my Slav Squat? Notably the soles of my feet start getting sore after a while.

why don't you fucking google it

opinion on fierce 5 novice routine?

I have discovered a new weakness of mine. I have absolutely ZERO shoulder flexibility in this plane of movement.

youtu.be/3fD3-E2jM7E?t=6m20s

Notice how his shoulders can rotate all the way back? I can't get mine anywhere close to that. I already do OHP and pull ups.

1. What specific muscle or tendon or whatever is responsible for this tightness?

2. What are some exercises or stretches I can do to really focus on increasing flexibility here?

3. Does Max Lang take steroids?

trappys on the rag tonight, watch out boys

Can someone please recommend a good powerlifting routine ?

Can I get a review on my routine ?

A:
Pullups 4xF
Seated rows 4x10
Chinups 4xF
Bench 5x5
Dips 4xF
OHP 5x5

B:
Squat 5x5
Squat 4x10
Deadlift 5x5
Leg extension 4x10
Leg curl 4x10

ABxABxx

What ab exercise works the entire core? I just want a single exercise I can do to exhaustion every morning I wake up.

my hypothesis is that every athlete that competes at a high-level international level (olympic) is probably on something.

At what level you dumb motherfucker?

The whole thing is fucking trash and shows you know fuck all about what you are doing.

you sound really angry or offended. settle down a bit man.
some people are just looking for help dude

I sorry this isn't one of your little fucking safe spaces.

>I'm sorry this isn't one of your little fucking safe spaces.

Sounds like you're the one who was triggered though bro

You know anyone can type in trappy-chan in the name field, right?

What's a good sets and reps scheme for dips and chin-ups for respectively a volume workout and an intensity one.

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 5x1
Chin ups
BB Curls

B:
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Clean 4x3
Reverse curls
Hanging crunches

I also go cycling 2-3 times per week for

How's this PPL? Not tried it yet, still on SL but planning on starting it once exams are over and I'll have more time.

Push:
Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline db bench 3x8
Lateral raise 3x10-12
Skullcrushers 3x10-12
Tricep kickback 3x10-12
Shrugs 3x10-12

Pull:
Deadlift 1x5
Facepulls 3x10
Lat pulldown 3x10
Dumbbell row 3x10
Incline db curls 3x10
Reverse curls 3x10

Legs:
Squat 3x5
Leg extension 3x10
Hamstring curls 3x10
Calf raises 3x10
Farmer's walk

Is it worth adding in some ab work somewhere?

Show me your asshole you fucking faggot sissy.

Are you going to do PPLPPLx?

Can someone show me an example of candito linear program? Too retarded to think of one myself
Gym is pretty lacking in machines too

If you're going to lift 4x/week, you should probably do 2 intensity and 2 volume days instead of lifting heavy all the time.
Or do 1 main lift every time and volume accessories afterwards.

Check out Candito's Linear Program or Wendler's 5/3/1 (not necessarily the periodization, but exercise selection)

What are your stats and how long have you been lifting?

just go to his fucking website and download the pdf

Rate my penis - What would you guys add to this?

Currently intermediate probably
135kg bench/90kg ohp max 3/4 reps

reps x sets
A
-Incline Press 7x5
-Flat dumbell flys 7x3
-Rotate between Dumbell/Barbell curls 10x3
-OHP 7x5
-Mixed push-ups/decline situps until fail

B
-Bench Press 7x5
-Incline Press 7x3
-Dumbell row/Barbell row 10x5/7x3
-Mixed upper body bodyweights stuff (chinups etc) until fail

I can't exactly train legs/back because i slipped a disk

I train day on day off

Candito linear or Texas Method split, brahs? I've been running the TM split for a couple six week cycles (I'm old and needed a deload). doing the VV II. Saw the Candito linear is a weekly progression like tm. thought of trying. I run it per the Lascek method for powerlifting 3x5 and am about at the stage where I will have to start putting speed squats and deadlifts on alternate weeks.

TM should be easier to progress with, as the volume work is targeted at improving the intensity attempts, and it's more customisable.

On CLP the "volume work" isn't directly specific to improving the intensity attempts, but it's rather mostly GPP and/or bodybuilding.

But the differences are marginal when you consider that you can customise both.

Why 7 sets? Sounds pretty hard to max out and progress with that penis tbqh.

fitsticky.com/texas-method

For bodyweight simply do 3xAMRAP
If you're doing weighted and can't max 3x5 on every workout anymore, just do one volume workout and one max workout during the week. Like 5 sets of whatever rep scheme you want, using relatively light weights, for volume - and then you max out on a few (1-3) sets of 5 for the intensity day.

Keep in mind it'll be hard to progress like this with the dips if you're already training bench and ohp. In that case you can simply do volume and light volume (can be bodyweight) work for the dips.

Sheiko, c6w, Nuckols, customised TM...
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

How does this routine sound?
Push/Pull/Legs&Shoulders (PPLPPLx)
4x8 (first set is warm up then next three are weight that pushes me)?

What are your current numbers, including bodyweight, and how long have you been lifting?

Don't laugh
STATS: 5' 11" 182 lbs
Lifting for 1.5 years
Bench: 195
DL: N/A
Squat: N/A
OHP: 115
(Too scared to do squats/deads)
I was mostly on a cut during that time coming down from 255 lbs and even though i still have some fat, i'm going to bulk for a bit so i'm not full on skeleton.

Tell me what you think about Pavel's power to the people routine: workout 5 days per week, do only deadlift and a press variant, do only one set of five veeery slow reps, do another set of 5 with 90% of previous set weight. Add 5 pounds per workout.

Would like some advise trappy.

never lifted before, started reddit PPL 10 weeks ago, mainly cus it looked good, and my gym mates also do PPLs. Now however, i see you really don't recommend it for beginners.

I also hear that it's bad to switch up routines a lot, and i feel like i might stick with this routine for another couple of months, until beginner gains start slowing down a lot more, and then switch to a 4-5 day TM-routine that you recommend.
Or should i just switch now to a novice or intermediate program?

Progress on lifts:
DL: 1x5 85-125 kg
Bench: 5x5: 67,5 - 85 kg
OHP: 5x5 32,5 - 50 kg (starting to stall here i think)
Squat: 3x5 60 - 80 kg (Torn ACL kitesurfing, still not that strong in right leg, not getting surgery atm)

Weight: 83 kg
Height: 183 cm

Been cutting/maintaining in this period

So awhile ago I squatted my at my highest (for reps) and I had some pain in my legs, like around me knees. It was really bad desu. I stopped squatting for a week, and went back at it. Other day, squatted fine (less than heaviest as I deloaded a bit just in case) but when I DL'd heavy the pain came back. It wasn't as severe, and it didn't last as long, but it's spooking me. I don't want to get seriously injured. Should I keep squatting/DLing? Should I do substitutes instead? I don't mind either, as long as I can get joocy legs, and everything else that I can get with some substitute.

Rate my routine please

Upper A
Bench 5/3/1
Bent over rows 1x4-6,1x6-8,1x8-10
Dips 3xfailure
Pull ups 3xfailure

Lower A
Squats 5/3/1
Power cleans 3x5
Hanging leg raises 2x12

Upper B
OHP 5/3/1
Chin ups Sets of 1x4-6,1x6-8,1x8-10
Side raises 3x8
Curls 3x8

Lower B
Deadlifts 5/3/1
Power snatch 3x5
Hanging leg raise 2x12

I'm cutting on 5/3/1, it's great because of the slow progression which allows you to get stronger without burning yourself out. And yes Wendler's minimalist outlook is appealing to me, and works for a cut.

Pull ups and chin ups are weighted

Hey trappy, you've helped me before and I'm coming back with some more improvements on my routine. Please tell me what you think
-Is the work enough?
-Is every muscle group adequately worked throughout the week?
-On B, should I keep the rope pushdown for tris, or replace with a chest isolation?
Thank you.

AxBxCxx

A
OHP 5/3/1
Deadlift 5/3/1
dumbell row 5x6
dip 5xF until I can do 5x6, then I add weight
hammer curl 6x6

B
Bench 5/3/1
hang clean 5x5
lat pulldown 5x6
tricep rope pushdown 6x6
dumbell side raise 6x6

C
Squat 5/3/1
snatch grip high pull 5x5
incline dumbell bench 5x6
curl 6x6
overhead extension 6x6
face pull 4x9

read beyond 531
tl;dr here powerliftingtowin.com/beyond-531/
but the site is down atm

I'm still making progress on 5/3/1 - should I still do beyond 5/3/1

K

tfw this should be called beginner routines general instead of routines. Most of you faggots dont know how to create or know how to do any advance routines or even programming your own RTS and AMRAPS.

>most of the people who need help are beginners and not advanced lifters without lots of programming experience

Sherlock is that you?

Can I get a routine inspection for a novice?

ABxABxx

A (Upper Body)
3x5 Bench
3x5 OHP
3xE Pull-ups

B (Lower Body)
3x5 Squats
1x5 Deads

So should i reduce from 7 to 5?

I can't do much in the gym regarding dumbells because they only go to 35 kilos

Yo, here's hoping you smeshed your lifts. Also, learn to bulk.

Didi someone save every trappy's routine somewhere ?

I'm looking for a 3 days bro-split focused on chest if anyone has that

Looks good dude. I would go lighter on one exercise each day and do 5x5 instead of 3x5 @ 80% of working set weight

Workout went ok Yeah senpai I have big issues with actually eating kek.

kek I doubt anyone saves them all, but there are some examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method

Well, I'd recommend alternating the intensity and volume of the workouts. And if you wanna do volume after maxing out, it's better to lower the weight for the extra sets. This way you're not limiting your progression.

It's gonna be hard to progress if you're maxing out both the OHP and the bench on every upper day. Once your bench gets heavy, your OHP will suffer.
What you can do is alternate them, like this for example:

A
Bench 3x5 +1-2kg
OHP 5x5 at 90%
Pullups 3xF

B
Squat 3x5 +2kg
Deadlift 1x5 +2kg

C
OHP 3x5 +1-2kg
Weighted Pullups 3x5 +2kg
Bench 5x5 at 80-90%

D
Squat 3x5 +2kg
Deadlift 1x5 +2kg

That's reps not sets by the way

Problem is I laready followed one of your routines and got tired of it. it was good but I need to change.

I don't want to do fullbody anymore but I want to focus and two muscles each workout.

Problem is finding a 3 days routines focused on chest is hard as fuck and I can't make one myself since I'm too retarded and always end ip with too many exercices or sets.

>The spirit was willing, but the body and the mind just weren't there.

cutey, lift hard pupper!

Been doing this for a week, like it so far. Had been doing greyskull and wanted more volume. Any critique on the routine?

Inb4 reddit

It's the worse meme in existance. Worse than memecada.

A: Chest and Back
5x5 Bench Press / Incline Bench Press
3x10 Incline / Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
5xAMRAP Parallel Bar Dips
5xAMRAP Chin-ups

B: Legs and Abs
5x5 Back Squat / Front Squat
3x10 Dumbbell RDL
5x15 Calf Raise variations
5xAMRAP Decline Sit-ups / Hanging Leg Raise (toes to bar)

C: Shoulders and Chest
5x5 OHP
5x10 Incline / Flat Dumbbell Flye
5x15 Super Incline Machine Chest Press
5x15 Dumbbell Lateral Raises

D: Biceps / Triceps and Abs
3x8 Dumbbell Hammer Curl
3x6 EZ-Bar Decline Skullcrusher
3x12 Concentration Curl
3x12 Dumbbell / Cable Extension variation
3x10 EZ-Bar Reverse Curl
5xAMRAP Decline Sit-ups / Hanging Leg Raise (toes to bar)

E: Back
3x3 Power Clean
1x5 Deadlift
5x15 Chest Supported Machine Row
3x15 Shrug variation
3x15 Face Pulls

ABxCDExx REPEAT

This routine is pretty much pure volume. Don't expect to make leaps and bounds in strength gains. Have fun bro

Is it true that you don't ever show a total face picture because you have a mustache?

answer me faggot

Is this dyel you?
Just wondering where the advice I'd coming from

Pls respond, you didn't respond to my last one and I'm in trouble ;_;
Awhile ago, I squatted my max (for reps) and got some really bad pain around the knee area. Like it hurt to stand, pressure kind of pain.
I stopped squatting for about a week or two, and came back to it and deloaded. Was fine, until I deadlifted heavy, and it came back (albeit less severe). What gives? Should I stop squatting/deadlifting? Lower weight? More reps?
And are there any viable substitutes? I want to make sure I'm hitting everything that those would hit (i.e. quads, traps, back etc)

No dude, trappy-chan is a petite girl.

That's an extremely vague description bruh...
1. Cease all physical activity for 3 days.
2. 2 Advil every 6 hours
3. After 3 days look up pic related and go through all these tests to get an idea of what's up.
4. Depending on the severity of the pain and problem I would stop doing all movements that place a weighted load directly on your knees (squats, OHP, deadlift)
5. Go see a doctor if you aren't poor.

Just tried to do a sit up and couldn't really even do one. Guess I've been neglecting my core. What are some good core exercises?

Basically:

Well that's all I have. I'm squatting right now and it's fine tho so maybe I loaded too much. That was back when I was squatting thrice a week, but now I got it down to twice

To add to it, it was when I was (even more than I am now) dyel. I was adding weight constantly, three times a week. I think I just did it too often, and with too much weight being added

Sorry bro had a complete brain fart and forgot the pic.

I need advice on rebuilding strength and strongman general. My routine looks like this now.

Day 1
HBBS to 5 rep max, old PR was 405x4/455x1, back up to 350x5 now. Doing this all beltless and pausing the last rep.

Usually go 275x5, 315x5, 335x5, 350x5, will try for 360 next time

Push Pressx2+Push Jerkx1 to max, starting at 135 and ramping up by 20 to 5lbs depending, max Push Press is only 215ish right now

Deadlift until I can only hit a weight for 5 reps
Hitting 5+ reps on all proceeding sets

Debating whether or not I should switch to higher reps for deadlifts. My long term goal is 495x10 beltless/strapless. PR was like 525x3 on conventional, so long ways to go.

Farmer's Walk with 350-375 depending on feel for 5 sets of 40m

Day 2
Power Clean to max triple
Front Squat to max triple
Close Grip Bench to 5 rep max

Overhead Carry 135 for 5 sets of 40m

Direct shoulder work of
Front Raise 3x10
Lateral Raise 3x10
RDF 3x10

Ignoring direct bicep and lat work for now, I don't know where to fit it in without killing myself.

>strength routine

Day1Day2Day1Day2 4 days per week

Any help?