Is drinking whey one of the biggest memes of all the gym-related industry?

is drinking whey one of the biggest memes of all the gym-related industry?

almost everyone drink a protein related product yet like 0.01% track their macros and shit like that

>why do you take it buddy?
>bcuz this big guy in the mag says I need to take 2 shakes per day!
>pfft.. k

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22150425
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Has no idea what a may may is

You're as fucking retarded as this thread is

You're right. The weightlifting community has to be more ducated about what they put into themselves, and at what times are best to take everything.
But I disagree that whey protein a meme. It's an easy, most of the time tasty, and readily accessible way to get your daily protein intake without having to wolf down a chicken breast for those 24 grams of protein.

yeah it is, but most of the people just drink it because of random stupid reasons instead of the ones you listed

heck, they dont even know how many grams of protein they need per day

no fuck you and your opinion

>people shouldn't do a thing!
>>reason why they should do that thing
>people are doing the right thing but for the wrong reason!

It's time to go to bed, my friend.

Yeah, if only there was some kind of interconnected web of sorts where information readily available at the click of a button, that anyone could go on.
Maybe then these people could educate themselves.

and when I said they shouldnt? they can stick up a cactus up their asses if they want

>mfw I just thought of spreading a false bodybuilding magazine with this very idea of cactus up the ass to see how many idiots fall for it

Tracking macros is the biggest meme. People were fit long before stats existed

this

have you guys ever seen game of thrones? they're fit. checkmate

Topkek

People were hell of fit before whey shakes existed...

>you need to count your macros to known that adding like 10-30g of protein daily will enhance your performance

Most people who don't count cals don't eat enough protein either, so it's perfect that they do this you fucking retard.

So, how many grams do they need again? Cause your friendly neighbourhood website doesnt even have a consensus on that.

you can´t eat "no enough" Protein... educate yourself. You can get hell of strong without Protein too.

you need like 4-6 gr per day if you are a 80kg man

US daily nutritional values have it at something like 60g, but those guidelines are more for prevention of malnutrition than promoting flourishing health.
Most common consensus I see for average people is 1g/kg body weight, though that may be flexible by sex. In general, it's probably around 60-75g for women and around 75-90 for most men.
More than that is unlikely to be harmful. high protein diets have good correlation with weight loss.
It's all subjective though

>AII these stupid fucking responses to a jackass OP

Faggot thread aII around.

We got another one!

>Not muh Whey
>Dont diss muh Whey

You're right, sadly. It's all bullshit.

Actually, he's using the word meme correctly. You're the one who doesn't understand. You probably think it's a picture of a cat with a caption about cheeseburgers.

>im a retard that cant search for scientific studies on google

Ok.

>4-6 gr per day
Even a glass of milk has more protein than that. A handful of nuts has more protein than that. Jesus dude a couple of eggs have more protein than that.
4-6g of protein per day is 16-24 calories. Assuming a normal 2000 Cal diet, that's only about 1% protein in your diet.
How do you like them macros?

I don't so...

The kind of information that is actually correct, such as pubmed studies, is not readily accessible by somebody who is completely computer-illiterate. What you're more likely to find is the banana girl and you idiots. The only thing here remotely accurate is the sticky, everything else is just broscience with no grounds in actual biochemistry.

People were also still alive when no medicine was available, still we use it now faggot

try it, you are not going to lose strength at all.
You can eat only fruits and nuts and you will be exactly so strong as now.
Try it, nothing better then selfexperience.
I eat for 2 years now raw and i have´t lost any strength. Well i eat more then 6 gr Protein per day, but i think it would be the same if i would eat less. Try it yourself and dont listen to the ones that earn Money with selling those produkts. Mother nature have give us everything to be strong.

well if you are good with giving your money for that... its fine pussy. There are many people that lift more then you and never drunk a whey shake.

Yeah 4-6 grams of protons a day is optimal, tbqh familia the body can't even absorb more than that in a single day

gains is about spiking MPS maximally as often as possible, not getting a certain amount of protein per day. the latter is just easier to measure and works well enough when you evenly divide ur daily protein intake into 3-5 meals 3-5 hours apart.

so whey can do a lot even if you have no idea of your macros. if you drink a whey shake 3 hours after and before another meal it will be useful for protein synthesis.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22150425

Here you ignorant retard. 1.3-1.8g/kg of bodyweight is optimal for muscle synthesis. Unless you're a 2 kg manlet I doubt you only absorb "4-6 g" a day fucking broscience faggot.

m8 ur getting trolled hard

T. OP

come at me you faggitlet, without ypur shake you are notting!