Did getting Veeky Forums earn your dad's affection?

My dad left when I was 8. So no.

My dads a friendless skinnyfat shutin NEET. I can't even comprehend how he even managed to trick my mum into marrying him and having multiple kids with him. I guess my mum isn't like every other woman, because shes still married to him and puts up with all his shit.

What's it like having a outgoing successful business-man tier high social status father who you actually feel like you need to impress?

No, getting a job and holding it did

horrible when u keep letting them down

My dad left when I was born, though he still lives with us.

Wut

lol haven't seen my dad in like over 5 years

My dad was always harsh when I was growing up, I was scared shitless of him. As I was getting older I realized all the stupid shit my parents did. Long story short it got to the point where I was more of an adult than they were at age 17. I was paying bills, raising my little brother, etc. When I started lifting, getting good grades, and generally becoming successful my father realized I was out doing him. That all these years of preaching about integrity, hard work, not cutting corners, etc. I was the one living up to them and not him. He started turning shit around, losing a lot of weight, making my brother food, making sure he goes to school, cleaning, etc. I'm proud of him and hope it continues.

My mom is a useless lying, stealing, cheating, lazy, cunt and she can fuck off for all I care.

i was fat so my dad bought me a treadmill
I lost weight, so he was happy that I used the treadmill. I hope we get to go golfing on my birthday in a few weeks c:

good for your dad that he is actually trying to clean his shit up

i hope he gives me thumbs ups from his grave
>mfw i dont have one
>stepdad doesnt count

>Dad lifted for 30 years
>only got to 2 plate bench 1rm
>start lifting myself
>lift 2plate for reps within a year
>he starts being passive aggressive
>"you should wear a belt or you'll get a hernia"
>I feel bad about making him feel inferior

I kno that feel my frien

>Muh bad photo. Totally not his dad!

My dad has always loved me, familie. Because he's both a great father and outstanding man.

It's time to fuck mom now. It's only natural

I originally broke them up so I think I've done enough lol

My mother left my father when I was like 2 or 3 years old so I have no legit information about him. I've got decent body genetics from him though

thanks for sharing, glad to hear things got better. I've had similar, though not as extreme, experiences with my own ma and pa.

Sorry about your mom though. Hope she comes around like your father did eventually. There's still some hope left for her.

Yes. My dad is always impressed that I'm not a smelly DYEL anymore and is proud that I look like him when he was my age

Me not being a bitch earned everyone's respect

My dad tells new stories of his lifting ability from high school and college. Apparently him and his bros would do endless sets of 225 on bench and squat starting with ten reps because they were all too scared of the equipment fucking up if they put another plate on. They only had 25's, 45's, and two 100lb plates that looked bigger than the 100's I see people loading on leg press. Shit sounds frightening desu lads I can't imagine being the first guy to bench more than 2pl8 and then setting the precedent that you may snap your shit. He probably died bros..

He still lifts on an old bench he has and he still does sets of 225 on bench but other than that it's just dumbbell stuff. He's got middle aged dad gut but he's rarely home because of his job now apparently. (I don't live at home anymore so I can't personally vouch)

Do you think Donald is proud?

dad recently
"You have cultivated a fantastic body"
sounds gay as fuck but yeh dad treats me differently when I'm fat

My dad was always into sports and stuff as a kid. Now hes in his fifties rocking abs (he skips leg day though sigh) and shitting all over his fat co-workers. Witty guy, makes bank and overall a great role model. I was a fat shit after graduating high school but I couldn't let him out do me so I've gotten my shit together.

Yes, but at the same time I sense a little bit of resentment too. He compliments me a lot but also criticizes how much i go to the gym and how much i eat.

>implying i have a dad
>implying i wasn't raised by a single mom with 3 other siblings on welfare who passed her chalice of corn syrup and shitty lifestyle to her kids

My parents hated me until I stopped giving a shit about pleasing them around 16 or so

That being said, my dad is very happy wheb he sees me work out and trying to gain weight, probably because he used to be into it. He said he never got very big but did get stronger, I wonder what he will think if I ever get actually big.

repressed feels from childhood thread?

>divorced parents
>age 7 I ask mom why I don't get to see dad
>"If I had a rifle, I'd shoot him"
>lol

My mom was legitimately crazy, beating me and threatening to send me of to an orphanage when I didn't behave. I lived with my dad some times when my mom threw me out. He didn't give a fuck about what I did. I was like 8, eating pizza for breakfast, going with him to bars and ditching school. We were very white trash, but now he's making 100k+ and shit's fine and dandy.

We're actually very close now, but at times I really do despise my parents for shit I never called them out on. Both my parents had it far worse than me, so I guess I have some understanding for the shit they did. What bugs me is that we all pretend like none of it ever happened.

>mfw gf harassed me for 6 months about not being introduced to parents

This became very off topic... But yeah, my dad thinks I'm a cool guy

ooga booga brother

For most of my childhood he was always at work.

He earned very well, still does, but I was raised by my nanny and my mom.

First day of school he was supposed to come from work and take me there but he didn't come so I went with my one year older sister, and then when all the kids walked into school I was only one left outside crying until some lady noticed me and asked me who I was.

My happiest childhood memory is when dad took my sister and me to public pool, I remember us first swimming in kids pool and then in deep part of the real pool because we were such good swimmers. I was about 8 or 9 then.

Now I'm at college in another country, he started to occasionally call me in last year or so, asks me how I'm doing, do I need money or anything, but we never had a real conversation in my 22 years.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't really care about his opinion of my body, although not being called a skinny dyel anymore by people is pretty nice I guess.

dad is fat as fuck and hates that Im in shape. He gossibs like a school girl telling people plus family that he can bench press more than me and how he looks waaaay better than me.

Wait what? what was your excuse with not introducing her? I am having the same thing happen to me.

He hasn't seen me since I got fit actually. I guess I'll give him a call on fathers day but otherwise he's on the other side of the country so meh.

I am a master bullshitter.

She kind of got the hint that I wasn't on good terms with my mom especially. If you're in the same situation as I am, and your gf had a regular childhood, she most likely won't understand completely but you could talk to her about it.

Or just bullshit something about logistics or how you are a grown man and naturally not very connected with your family anymore.

you're his wife's son

No dad. Didn't even work on my wife although I did get a stat increase on sexytime

That's what I feel like doing. I don't want my parents or her parents here.

My dad liked it when i did strength training like body weight stuff but he hated me doing weights. I haven't spoken to that cunt in maybe ten years.

Yeah, she understands that me and my parents aren't on good terms, but I never told her why really, so she just accepts it.

I don't want her parents around either though lol

My dad's dead.

What you don't realize is your mother is equally worthless but she's tricked you into favoring her over your father to win petty arguments as you grew up. This now manifests as a hate for your father.
Congrats, you're a cuck.

Did he pass away user?

Nope, but he's not a good person and I stopped caring about his approval since early adolescence.

My mother is a wonderful person though and she's proud, so I got that going for me.

good shit user keep it up!

Whoa

great when you are a kid. You love your dad and want to be like him. Pretty terrible when he loses everything and has to go away for months on end to make a living for you and your family and then gets cancer and has chemo and grows old, but then you still want to be like him

Fuck you for the feels, OP

what a fucknig asshole

No but getting fit was the first step of many in my self improvement i.e. being less of a little bitch, and he likes that I'm less of a little bitch now. He also mired my abs on skype the other day so that was cool.

>Why can't you be more like me, user?

my dad's dead

he mire'd my gains when i first started and i beat him in arm wrestling

>tfw 18 lifting 4 years and not that big b/c shitty diet/lifting patterns

That is the worst part of it. Everyone thinks im a nigger but i'am actually an abomination between an impulsive jap mom and an abusive jew dad.

>older brother is a pot smoking hippie NEET who sleeps all day
>clearly see my dad's disappointment as he talks to him
>be skeleton vidya fag
>father is even more disappointed
>notice that because every time he walked into my room he had that defeated look on his face
>timeforachange.jpg
>start lifting and do other activities
>time passes, get bigger
>spend less time in my room, do more outdoor activities
>become more social active
>notice dad's mood around me is more positive than the rest of the family members
>every time we disagree with each other we just talk it out instead of fighting
>he prefers to ask for my help in his work
>we share the same music taste, movies and do jogs sometimes

>tfw i lift for my old man

My birth was what broke them up

I outdrive my dad on the golf course now which most guys consider important.

Now I'm trying to git gud so I can beat him in more than longest drive.

>white people

that's racist

Get out non white shitskin

>dad knocks up my mom when he is 22 years old and a junior in college and she is 19 and a freshman
>marries mom
>mom drops out of school and has me
>dad works to support my mom and I while finishing engineering school
>dad gets engineering job
>has two more sons
>dad and one of his friends start a business in small town
>business booms and makes a ton of money
>oldest son (me) is a lawyer
>middle son is a doctor
>youngest son is getting phd in math
>nice guy but I can tell he is completely unimpressed with my brothers and I because we didn't really have to fight through any adversity to get where we are

I love my dad, but he is really hard to impress

>tfw can easily beat my dad in golf even thought he outdrives me by 50 meters.

I don't know, she's been to rehab and afterwards she was in the glow state. I knew it would end and she'd go back to normal, but I thought maybe I was just being a cynic.

I was right.

see and your "humor" is worth nothing where people have nothing to lose if they seem racist

No. Graduating with honors at the uni he got kicked out of did.

His dad's a cut content?

My old man was always stronk.

I was always weak.

He's 74 now. Last year he needed my help moving. My gains made it all possible.

Deadlifting for a couple years literally won his admiration.

>knock somebody up
>adversities

>74
>needed help moving
what?

No, my older brother is a fat, disgusting, worthless piece of shit, who has a string of trainwreck relationships, has never held down a real job, and has the social graces of a brain damaged goat.
He set the bar pretty fucking low for gaining my father's respect.
The fact I am a functioning human being is enough.

My mum earns 6 figure salary and supports my NEET dad. She's also 10 times intelligent than my dad.

Not smart enough to not get knocked up by a worthless neet though.

Dunno, he died in iraq when i was a kid

That just can't be. Either there is something seriously messed up with your mother that you are not telling us, or your father was great once but something happened.

yep, pretty much.