Ok Veeky Forums let's have a serious talk

Ok Veeky Forums let's have a serious talk.

Who here allegedly indulges in cannibis? We all know its not the narcotic we once thought it was and is possibly the least harmless vice. How does of affect your gains? What possible side effects to fitness can it have other than being lazy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiCUPa9jZFY
youtube.com/watch?v=GeeeBziWgy0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=cGxKJDTlZ-A
youtube.com/watch?v=fFm2ekG__K8
youtube.com/watch?v=ITpgXl6TwMI
youtube.com/watch?v=rPJ9PUTrT2k
droginfo.com/pdf/guideuk.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lung cancer

kills my cut because cookies

It makes everything taste more amazing.

I have a weed vaporizer and have been using it almost every night for a few months or so. Helps me relax and sleep, helps me eat more and I just like the feeling. Overall 10/10 drug for me, haven't noticed any real side effects.

i have a job and lift 4 times a week, not everyone who smoked weed is a degenerate pothead

I'm gonna buy a weed vape soon. For now I use water bongs.

Same thing, lift and work out. The only downside of weed is that it de-motivates me and it makes me hungry for shit that'll kill my gains.

So yeah, if you have willpower weed is great. If not, weed is still great but you need to get good.

Heres an idea:

Don't smoke it.

Fucking degenerates. It's not that hard and you just make yourself look like a fool.

Obviously inhaling smoke is going to do damage to your lungs.

Weed actually helps me stay motivated. It makes me very aware and self-conscious. Once I started getting fat I had to quit weed because every time I got high I would only feel shitty about myself. I didn't smoke at all for almost a year and then once I started working hard to get back in shape I found I could have fun smoking again.

Op here. Just saying that self control isn't hard for us lifters. We force ourselves to eat shitty chicken and lift heavy shit. I'm sure a bit of self control isn't too hard to not overindulge in unhealthy munchies.

>a serious talk
>discussed errrryday in this fucking board

Fine in moderation, too easy for me to get "addicted" and want to use it all the time.

When I exercise self-control, it's great. Nothing better than getting all my shit done for the day and then hitting the bowl and relaxing the rest of the evening, but it's too easy for me to hit the bowl first thing in the morning and then be completely unmotivated for the rest of the day.

Weed is...a sneaky drug. The fact that it doesn't kill you, or make you sell your parents' VCR, or suck dicks for it, is paradoxically the reason why it can be so insidious.

It lures you in as the one "safe" drug, the one drug you can consume infinitely and never really fuck your health. But it's really killing you in a different way. We all have limited time on this earth, so being consistently lazy and procrastinating regularly is, in a way, just a slow death. And no one is coming to intervene, you're pretty much just going to laze your life away with society's tacit approval.

Weed occasionally gives me bursts of insight or creativity or euphoria, so I keep coming back to it, but it just as often makes me feel lazy, dumb, and paranoid.

That's my experience, anyway. I'm on a break from it right now because my tolerance is too high, but I'm sure I'll be back. I'll come back to it in the coming weeks, reach a 6 from like the first hit, and it'll feel brand new again. That's where it starts; trying to recapture that novelty even though most of the time you don't.

That said, I find myself really thirsty for cigarettes (ex-smoker here) when I'm not smoking weed. I think Freud called this an oral fixation.

Weed can be really nice, but if you have the ADHD type of personality like mine where you feel the need to constantly fuck with your consciousness and find sobriety dull, it's kind of a burden at the same time.

My niggah. Are you me?
>like it was spoken from my own head

>That's where it starts; trying to recapture that novelty even though most of the time you don't.
I know this feel. How old are you and how long have you been smoking?
The first month I discovered weed was amazing. I tried for years to get those kind of highs again but I don't think you ever can. The older I get though, the less interest I have in smoking. I still like to do it maybe a few times a month when I have weed around. But if I run out I'll easily go a month or two before I decide to make the effort to get some again.

I recommend taking some very long breaks, like 6 months or more. It's enough time to learn how to do things sober that you used to only ever do high.

10/10 post, have exactly the same opinion about weed

>tfw almost 1.5 years without my beloved jane

toxic relationship for me familia

This. I don't care what people say about "just having a bit of discipline," my discipline when I cut is that I don't smoke weed, period, because I will eat, and forget that I'm eating, and suddenly realize I'm still eating when I'm really, really full already.

It helps me sleep. Which has helped my workouts tremendously. I used to have a lot of insomia and trouble sleeping. Not anymore! I smoke every night before bed. Mind you I don't drink anymore or indulge in any other vices except for cannabis.

Do you guys really all have that much trouble not eating when you're high? For me it was almost the opposite.

I was a daily smoker for almost 2 years and it was starting to affect my life pretty negatively so I decided to quit for at least 3 months. Well my break went pretty well (ended up being 7 months) but without weed I started eating terribly to try to get that same sense of satisfaction and relaxing.

Turns out I was actually losing weight when I was smoking a lot and I gained quite a bit in the 7 months I stopped smoking.

I think it's only within the past year that I've learned how to really stay within moderation with weed, alcohol, and food.

I'm 30 senpai. I didn't start smoking regularly until I was in my early 20s.

I think I'll always be a pothead to some degree, I just can't fucking help it.

It really comes down to self-control and self-regulation. I don't have either of those things. The paradox is that people who do are probably the type of people who never fuck with weed to begin with, or try it on occasion or when they're at parties, but never really go home with a bag of weed.

It fucked me up when I played as Franklin in GTA V and you hit the bong. He'll say something positive, and then slowly descend into negativity. And I remember being high while I played it and thinking it was the most sur/real shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=OiCUPa9jZFY this shit is too fucking real

Y'all just don't smoke enough. I smoke at lunch errday and go back to work (programmer). Smoke when I get home, lift, smoke again, eat, smoke again, smoke at like 9 and 11 then sleep. I have 0 motivation problems and use a volcano so I don't smell. It used to have motivation sides for me but you just do it enough and that/munchies go away

>programmer
That takes me back to

>Weed occasionally gives me bursts of insight or creativity or euphoria, so I keep coming back to it, but it just as often makes me feel lazy, dumb, and paranoid.

Sometimes I smoke weed and crank out some beautiful code. So it tricks me into thinking I should try to repeat this "success" but more often it just makes me distracted and I don't get shit done for the rest of the day. So each time I think "well, it worked for me that one time, might as well try it again." And that's why I say weed can be kind of insidious in a way.

But whatever works for you. I know people who are more productive when high. I know people who are more relaxed when high. I can't even drive when high, it fucks up my sense of timing, and it makes me drive 10 miles under the speed limit. I remember one time I made a horribly timed left turn in the dark with my lights off, nearly caused an accident. I never drove high again after that.

>Who here allegedly indulges in cannibis?
>alledgedly

nailed it

I do smoke quite often (not every day tho). But I'm still disciplined, usually only smoke in the evening/on weekends and try to avoid munchies, so that's alright. I'm still student btw (but also working in free time)
gains confirmed

rrrrelated

youtube.com/watch?v=GeeeBziWgy0&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=cGxKJDTlZ-A

youtube.com/watch?v=fFm2ekG__K8

youtube.com/watch?v=ITpgXl6TwMI

youtube.com/watch?v=rPJ9PUTrT2k

>Ok Veeky Forums let's have a serious talk.
>cannibis
>serious talk

Fuck off.

I ate a sativa edible and it jacked up my heart rate for like 6 hours. It also have me tripping out. I ate an indica edible and it made me not be able to concentrate and eat uncontrollably. Neither seem like they would help my gains. A hybrid on the other hand, I can see that working.

you don't have to smoke it

pot isn't like how it's portrayed on tv m8.

Can make you eat too much! LOL!

Have a srs question though, I hate the smell, I hate the taste, I get a headache just smelling or tasting it, which kinda fucks the relaxed vibe it can give. Doesn't smoking, edibles (from bud), and vaping the oil have all resulted in headache. HELP!!! Is there a way to do this without getting a headache?

maybe you're allergic to it? Headaches aren't a usual side effect.

There are no other negative effects usually associated with an allergic reaction. No hives, no swelling, no trouble breathing, etc. Just the damn headache.

being allergic to something doesn't mean you'll always bust out in hives or swelling. Just headaches from an allergic reaction to eating something is common.

Have you tried a bunch of different strains? Maybe either Indica or Sativa is causing the headache? Weed is always gonna taste and smell like sweet, sweet dankness

If youve been smoking for a while and wanna quit check out /r/leaves

Also read this: droginfo.com/pdf/guideuk.pdf

I've been a daily smoker for the better part of a decade. I definitley fell for the weed is harmless meme. Currently on my XXXth attempt at quitting. On day 6 right now. Stomach has been a wreck, no appetite, cold sweats, super vivid dreams, fucking AGITATED and IRRITATED, etc.

Obviously its not like opiate withdrawals, but anybody who says weed is harmless is a retard.

don't use words you don't understand

I'll do what I want, because I can almost guarantee that I'm more successful, stronger and better looking than you, despite smoking daily.

nothing wrong with that question m8

> waaaagh you can't tell me what to do
> is successful with that kind of crybaby attitude
Fuck off autist

Can you still have dreams or nah

>We all know its not the narcotic we once thought it was and is possibly the least harmless vice.

if anything i think its more dangerous now
dont smoke everyday bros, itll make you apathic, lethargic and lazy

smoking every once in a while should be fine

weed is a complicated thing

the thc in it is a powerful psychedelic, while the cdb cuts the effects of the thc, isn't psychedelic, and is somewhat of a miracle drug.

the reason people develop anxiety and paranoia on weed is because of the thc, but it's also the thing that makes them "stoned."

weed releases a massive amount of serotonin, but this turns into the opposite if you smoke a lot of it. in addition, your body naturally produces endocannabinoids, which stops happening if you smoke marijuana. these things reverse if you quit, but it makes quitting difficult for a week or two, depending on how heavy a smoker you were.

personally I always felt great when I had it in moderation, but it's a tightrope where I would literally just smoke maybe 3-4 hits a day, and then feel dull and washed out if I did more. Then I'd get sober and feel weird for two days. I'm also coming from a background where I'd smoke a lot, like an entire bowl every 20-60 minutes.

Feeling your natural chemicals restore after getting sober is exhilarating, and feels almost like being stoned, except with the clarity of not being a goddamn burnout.

it depends on how it fits with your life. some people have lives that are cozy enough and isolated enough that they don't need to interact with people. think about being something like a sculptor living in the middle of the woods who doesn't talk to anyone for five week periods- that's the type of life that's perfect for weed. it works great for lifting weights because it's relaxing and meditative and promotes hyperfocus. however, if you ever need to talk to someone or have to adapt to something complicated in your life, it slows you down and makes you a little stupid. sometimes being a little stupid is a virtue, but usually not.

The secret to great munchies is to prepare them before smoking. Salad is just so fucking great, nuts too then top it off with some over 90% dark chocolate.

I wish I could smoke more. Serious adult life is shit.

Weed suppresses your REM cycle so you dot dream much as a chronic user. I hadnt teally remembered a dream in years. Everytime ive tried to quit my dreams have come back SUPER intense

Smoking cannabis has no negative effects.

Apart from reduced lung capacity and motivation it can make you look like shit because of dark bags under your eyes and stuff. If you're smoking it all the time it ain't good but I only smoke every couple months or so, so it doesn't really effect my gains much. I love how muscles feel when you're high, plus it seems to give you way more control over your body.

Been smoking almost every day for about 5 years but recently stopped. Like a switched flipped in my head and I just didn't feel like it anymore. Granted it's only been a week without smoking - that used to seem like huge break but this feels like nothing. I'm gonna smoke again in the future and I'm sure I'll enjoy it just like old times but for now I don't really have any desire for it.

The benefits of not smoking are that I'm not content with being bored so I actually do stuff with my free time, I'm not hungry and don't overindulge in food late at night, and for some reason smoking before bed kept me from having dreams every night. Now I have multiple dreams and wake up feeling refreshed every morning.

Damn I forgot about those Franklin bits. Too real. I haven't smoked my bong in like two months and I really don't miss it right now.

dreams are insane when you stop smoking weed

not even like a nightmare, just super fucking trippy and weird, some mornings I would wake up in a sweat wondering wtf just happened

When I smoke weed it lets me be incredibly productive. I can just sit down at my desk and work without breaks for hours while listening to podcasts. When I smoke wed before the gym it reduces my peak strength but allows me to do way more reps. Pretty much golden for any volume day.

The trick is not being sedentary while you're high. It's super easy to just kick back and watch cartoons, sometimes incredibly enjoyable, but I love how it brings me into line much more.

I smoke a couple times a week when I have weed in the house, maybe like 3-4 days. When I run out of weed though it'll normally end up being a week or two before I get any more because it'll slip my mind or I'll be broke or I'll want to buy new gym shoes... It's just not that high of a priority for me, which is a shame because it boosts my productivity so.

The day the US federal government drops the scheduling can't come soon enough. I had to give up my medical prescription just to get a job working on an Army base, its ridiculous. I deserve to have access to my medicine just as much as anybody else does.

Actually THC is a vasodilator and weed smoke expands the cells in your lungs, giving you a greater lung capacity. A lot of people believe the myth that cannabis produces smoke similar to cigarette smoke, but for all intents and purposes its the opposite.

Not sure where you're getting dark circles under your eyes from, sounds like you need to sleep better.

I smoked long before getting into fitness and never dropped it, it's not bad and doesn't effect gains if used properly. Inb4 increased estrogen, implying it's a significant enough difference to impact gains, implying estrogen isnt good for gains to an extent.

-It decreases melatonin production in inexperienced user, but increases it in experienced users, so if you use it often it helps sleep, though otherwise it may worsen it a bit, just take a melatonin supplement tho
-it increases ghrelin, which can be a good thing for bulking, or a bad thing if you're cutting

I personally feel weaker if I smoke before lifting, so I do after.

It does seem to give me a pump though, and I've heard of other people reporting this as well

The estrogen myth was disproved a long time ago, actually.

I report a better pump when high.

Ahh I see
And yes it's a vasodilator, I believe this is what we were speculating to be the cause of said pumps

Smoked.every day for 4+ years now. Straight A undergrad senior, never been happier in life. And BTW weed does not make you lazy, it merely lowers the inhibitions of a naturally lazy person.

>other than being lazy?
Stop smoking outside of your daily down time.
Weed is never an excuse for being lazy, it's no different than why we look down on a dude who starts drinking at lunch time.
It means you're a fucking addict.

Go about your day, do what you need to do.
When you get home in the evening get high as fuck.

If you're one of those people that can actually function while high, disregard post.

How much do you smoke? I smoke about a gram a day been 4+ years and I never have those "withdrawals" when I stopped.smoking. had to stop for 3 weeks cold Turkey when I went out of country and the only issue I.had was a lack of appetite for a few days before it came back. I mean my chronic pain flared up as well, but different story since weed.didn't cause that.

Is there some way to reduce thc metabolites in urine and hair? Has anyone researched a drug or product itself that eliminated metabolites in fat?

You realize there are plenty of other thing to do high besides eat?

I do. Been smoking for 6 years now. I started in 2010, but didn't really start smoking daily until a year afterwards. I don't have a physical dependency on it, however i do notice after effects of the drug being in my system. I wake up a little more groggy than not, but that disappears within minutes. I don't really have an increased or decreased appetite when im using the drug either.

It doesn't affect my lifts, as it doesn't affect anything that would really have to do with working out. I'm not high when im in the gym, so how the fuck will it affect my lifts?

It doesn't affect my testosterone levels, maybe it does? It could affect my hormone levels, i guess. But i put on muscle at a good rate, currently i train my strength and it's definitely showing. All my lifts are going up - That is because proper sleep, good amount of calories, and progressive overload.

No where does weed affect those.

Ounce of good every couple weeks. Check out /r/leaves and you'll see that withdrawal symptoms arent uncommon at all in chronic users. So consider yourself lucky. I wish I was making this shit up.

Smoked for the first time in years this weekend. I felt great at the time but then washed out and dull the day after. I think I prefer my brain chemistry when I'm sober and quick witted.
A waste of time and money unless you literally have nothing to do in life.

>I've been a daily smoker for the better part of a decade.

As someone who's:

>smoked 1/8th every three days for 7 years
>been totally sober
>moderated to about 1/8th every two months

I can tell you getting sober from heavy usage indeed does fucking suck. You're in for depression, anxiety, sleeplessness etc. which will last a couple weeks. Then you're going to have psychological cravings for a while after.

It's not nearly so bad if you're a moderate user, like a dude who smokes a joint on the weekend.

Absolutely fucking spot on here man, good work.

I smoked every so often in high school and remember feeling so free, I felt like skipping and jumping in the sunshine. Then when I first got into writing/recording music, I would blaze and record a new song in one night. I would listen back the next day and just be confused, amazed, and excited because I couldn't believe I had made it. I had all these ideas that kept coming and I kept getting so excited. I was making album art, coming up with concept albums, writing really meaningful, thoughtful lyrics and starting to really engage with the more primal/physical elements of music to. I was totally connected.

Then I started smoking every single day, and now 6-7 years later, I can hardly even motivate myself to set my gear up...

I can blaze and exercise though. Veeky Forums is probably not the best place to say this, but working out is not difficult at all. Being creative and improving at a hobby is far more challenging.

I wish I could be that dude who just smokes a joint on the weekend. But every time i do a t-break and try and ease back into moderate use I only last a week or two before I am back to daily use. Its all or nothing with me. I just fiend for it too much. If i have any, i think about it until I wind up smoking it. That might make me weak to say, but i dont care. I know myself well enough to know that I'm not capable of using it responsibly. I'm like an alcoholic

Says the guy crying about what other people do

Yeah good reasoning there champ.

I'm fortunate in a way that weed just never agreed with me. When I was a stupid fucking teenager I'd smoke it maybe once or twice a week and for every good time there was about 5 bad times when I'd feel sick or uncomfortable or paranoid.

I know it's got a reputation as a meme drug but I quite enjoy Kratom, haven't done it for ages but in the right dodr I'd just feel really content and playing games or listening to music was that much more fun. I'd usually by 50-100 grams, get through it in a week and then cut it out for a month. Like weed it's not addictive as such but I just know that I could quite easily become dependent on it and turn into a lazy fuck sitting around my parent's house.

weed gives you gyno
fuck that shit

>tfw don't get hungry when I smoke weed
I'm blessed
I SMOKE WEED EVERY DAMN DAY

Jealousy is ugly, user.

C O C A I N E G A I N S

weed will just fuck with you head, dont do it. It makes you into an idiot really.
Snkrt some coke to lift you self esteem and hit the gym hard...

have any studies or info on this? i generally smoke at night but my largest concern is that it increases estrogen and i'm pissing away my gains, genuinely curious