So Veeky Forums how do I get in shape to become an Army Ranger?

So Veeky Forums how do I get in shape to become an Army Ranger?

joining the army

Understood, but how do I get in the shape?

Bodyweight shit, run a lot

Isn't those guns like 35 pounds, and the equipment an additional 60 pounds or more? Anyways, get used to carrying that shot around.

Cardio and endurance is the most important thing as a soldier

Mental part is much bigger, prepare for performing under stress and sleep deprivation. Physically, I suppose get pretty good at running, decent upper body strength and lower, because there's gonna be long ass hikes with all your gear.

THIS x 10. Run like hell OP, and do lotsa push ups and set ups.

I believe those are 249 SAWs and they're about 12lbs. The m240s are about 30lbs though, when they have ammo and you carry around the ammo canisters.

>X10
That's a lot of sets to do

gotta be the best

I'm going to assume you are talking about ranger regiment and it's not hard work on your run times and endurance you are going to need strong legs,core, and back to keep up. It isn't going to be easy but you will get strong in RASP. Battalion is a good place to grow up but if I could do it again I would go to Special forces. Don't fall for the "special forces doesn't see combat" meme because when I was overseas they did WAAAY more cool guy stuff than us

Did they get to kill more civvies than you?

The best there ever was

Wrong you just carry the belts of 7.62 and you have someone else to help carry ammo. The 240L is what all Special operations uses and it weighs 22.1 pounds.

Become an endurance athlete. Condition your back and your feet.

Dude the Army is fucking gay. Join the Naval Reserves.

Any advice or tips?

Work on your one rep maximums and build up myscle in your chest and arms. If you're feeling cheeky you can train your legs, specifically your calves, but don't focus too much on them.

If you think you are going to go anywhere(Afghan/Iraq/Syria) and senselessly murder a bunch of civilians you are wrong. Now if you are getting shot at from a building and they need big daddy on the 240 to light that fucker up even though there is a family in there...you just let God sort them out ;^) . But other than that no one is really killing COMPLETELY innocent civilians

Don't quit and don't be a fucking bitch. Be a humble man and be a bro help those that are struggling and they will return the favor. Your friends will become your brothers and you will always push to give that 110% so you are never the weak link. The road to being a ranger is mostly mental if you are in good shape

This guy gets it lmao

Alright retards gather around so I can learn your ass some shit

1. Look up the standards its basic endurance stuff that'll you'll be able to do after OSUT unless you fat and slow.

2. If you're really trying to go rangers you should ask your recruiter about a ranger contact or at least an airborne contact. Once you get to your unit you'll have to wait your turn which can take awhile.

3. Don't be a complete retard on your ASVAB you must score a minimum GT score of 107 last time I checked. GT SCORE= getting into the job and schools you want. ASVAB SCORE= how did compared to others.

4. If you actually get to the ranger regiment or a regular unit remember that everyone has been in longer than you. For the first year you're a god damn sponge you are only to be seen and never heard and suck up every piece of information they give you.

Good luck faggot

Put a 15kg plate in a backpack and run as far as you can with it on 3xweek

lift things up and put them down, then go on a run.

Repita por favor

US military has pretty low requirements and standards now

Fuck it I wish we just used Russia's combat doctrine

If civilians don't want to get caught in the cross fire they shouldn't hang around the people were planning to shoot at

Bodyweight exercises and cardio. Your 1RMs are meaningless here. The guys that do the best in the military are the skinny little ottermode fuckers that can run all day long.

use gear, military rarely if ever test for it

The issue is that thone assholes use try and use their families as protection to stop us from wrecking their shit, I kind of feel bad about it but I'm not letting my friends die over some asshole. If they want their family to die then fuck it

It's more about enduring the bullshit mentally

>So Veeky Forums how do I get in shape to become an Army Ranger?
Be above average physically in comparison to civilians.
It's that fucking simple.
Basic training has an incredibly low drop out rate, Rangers has for a special operations school the lowest dropout rate.
Pass PT test standards first, while you go through basic strive to max PT test standards.
There ya go.

They have a pdf guide that will help you to prepare. But you will never make it anyways, if you are too lazy to do some research.

What about chin ups/pull ups?

This. Good strength and endurance help with enduring the mental side though. I've only had to experience the Finnish Jaeger (Ranger?) training as a conscript and it was pretty tough at some points, so I could imagine they can demand more from those who enlist to the US Army. They get paid for it after all.

Bodyweight and cardio should in general be your priority, but it doesn't hurt to be strong too. During combat exercises, we carried non-stop 40-60lbs of gear. Occassionally though you had to carry temporarily something heavy in addition of those, like AT mines, boxes of claymores or your ''wounded'' buddy (who naturally also had his gear on) and it really came handy to have strength. While focusing on bodyweight training, supplementing with weighted pull-ups (and/or deadlifts, rows, etc.) and barbell squats will be handy for those moments when you need strength. In modern warfare gear and equipment is heavier and combat is shorter in duration but more intense.

>posts generic 173rd ABN BN picture

Eh, I'm glad we don't use Russia's doctrine, but I wish we could be a little liberal with our bomb drops. Worst I saw was in Syria. Two of the guys in my squadron were supporting the Kurds. They dropped a 500lb'er on a DFP and there were some squirters, so they tracked them into the nearby village. They were tracking 3 guys who were moving from cover to cover, occasionally returning fire. Well, the JTAC gives them clearance to drop a bomb. 1 drops his bomb, 2 is guiding it with his laser. Someone steps out of a house and waves his arm. The 3 guys run into the nearby house, so 2 puts his laser on the house. House goes boom, and they're killed. Turns out, there was a woman in the house who beckoned them in, but you can't see that on a 3"x3" screen in a fighter 30k ft in the sky. When it turned out they killed a woman (who called them in), the pilot gets sent home and gets paperwork. Currently going through the process of how fucked he'll be.

I hate our ROR but the pilot shouldn't be getting fucked for that and if he does his chain of command is weak