You will never be the first viking to step foot in america and witness a red skinned native for the first time

>you will never be the first viking to step foot in america and witness a red skinned native for the first time

I wonder what was going through his head

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JXHIbT2fud8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>oh look a tan fingolian

>B-B-BL-BLANDA UUUPPPP

>filename
How do you discover something that people have been living on for thousands of years?

Same way you discover gravity when things have fallen to the ground for thousands of years

Well according to the sagas they killed is ass and called the natives trash people. Then they traded cheese and milk with others. They got sick from it and attacked they norse, and some viking bitch pulled off her shirt and scared the injuns.

The entire of the old world was unaware the Americas existed, aside from maybe a few East Siberians. If no one had 'discovered' it, we wouldn't have any idea it existed today.

>I wonder what was going through his head
"Ganga síðan til skips og sjá á sandinum inn frá höfðanum þrjár hæðir og fóru til þangað og sjá þar húðkeipa þrjá og þrjá menn undir hverjum. Þá skiptu þeir liði sínu og höfðu hendur á þeim öllum nema einn komst í burt með keip sinn. Þeir drepa hina átta og ganga síðan aftur á höfðann og sjást þar um og sjá inn í fjörðinn hæðir nokkurar og ætluðu þeir það vera byggðir."
The first Viking confirmed to see a injun gathered up his men and killed eight of them. Feathers BTFO

What books have the anerica sagas?

"Rape"

Grænlendinga saga and Eiríks Saga Rauða

Indians aren't people.

someone photoshop varg's face on OP's picture pls

If you gave Amerindians a map of the world and asked them to identify where they were on it, they wouldn't be able to tell you.

Likewise, if you were teleported to the source of a bushranger's treasure, but was completely unaware of where you were, and thereafter was teleported to your original location, we would not say that 'discovered' this treasure.

In other words: A discovery requires not only finding the thing in itself, but understanding it within a context necessary to make sense of its position.

*we would not say that you 'discovered' this treasure.

I somehow don't think it was such a big deal for them.

>Wow, so this is what the native people of India look like!

Just calm down guys he's just enjoying the view.

Probably an awkward boner.

Are you retarded? To discover something simply means this is the first time you find out about it.

This, they were wondering how the Finns got there first

Viking discovery of America is a Judeo-Marxist lie to distract from the accomplishments of the nordic Columbus. Dissappointed Veeky Forums fell for it, but not surprised.

So ViKANGZ weren’t Nordic?! Of course! The real ViKANGZ wuz Black!

Ooohhh!! OH OH OH!!! Kill 'em!

good show

Can't stand againts eskimo

youtube.com/watch?v=JXHIbT2fud8

>howdy Germanic servant I just noticed that your interpretation of body paint to please the Gods slightly differs from mine

Were the Norse christianized by the time they got to North America? If they werent is there any chance they would have got along with the natives better?

Some were, but when DA GREAT EXPLORER is around you still have lots of pagan Danes in colonies, with the pagan claimants often seeking refugee here

>Danes
Norwegians and Icelanders*

Oh neat. Is there any chance that some settlers wouldnt have died/fled and might have intermingled with the natives? Any genetics studies been done on first nations in the area?

>implying separate identities exist yet
You just use Danes whenever normies would say Vikings, and danish for the people or king of Denmark

even the fucking irish knew the difference between norwegians and danes...

Better question is how long did it take to get there? How did they not run out of supplies? How did their boats travel deep ocean when no one else could for centuries

Funny timing. I just finished re-reading one of my favorite mangas of all time, Vinland Saga. Shit for historical accuracy, but an amazing read nevertheless. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in this time period.

Varg is an AI

Inuits are pretty fucking brutal, man.

They pretty much genocided the entire Native population living in the Great Canadian North when they first migrated to America.

They did ecist in the 11th when the Norwegians discovered (from a European POV) America

>I wonder what was going through his head

probably a weapon