B-b-but muh 3 pl8 squat

>b-b-but muh 3 pl8 squat

This professional martial artist would destroy you.

Functional strength training tips and techniques thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mf6SGfLs9cY
youtube.com/watch?v=SJnyPLuHSIU
youtube.com/watch?v=KH9-K6bkETQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o3BpE-h5FXI
youtube.com/watch?v=wdbXJ--ONAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol wtf am i looking at

one mediocre punch to her face would make her run off crying

where do you guys get this shit?

Maybe I'm deluded, but I have trouble believing that in a physical fight any female that small could beat me.

There's no question she's more skilled than me, but I've probably got a good 100 pounds on her.

This looks like the kind of dumb stuff my gf does wherever she goes to the gym. Typical women...

You're not delusional. Women are exceptionally weak

>implying anyone would destroy me

Post meme training lads

lol wtf is she doing, if I saw that in the gym I would laff my way to the curl rack where I would precede to do my pushups

this

meh tier muy tai fighters would get destroyed by heavy lifting boxers

its the difference between mike tyson vs bruce lee, mike would drive his fist 3 feet through bruce lee's body, and no amount of training could stop that train of a punch

The amount of rotational torque on them in this move is scary.
Why isn't she doing proper squat form, the pronation of her knees is going to bugger her ligaments something fierce.

>balance training
>meme
pick one

It might be meme, but this shit is pretty functional for mma.

Here you go

is she actually a fighter though? she doesn't seem to have much physical awareness of her body.

Holy shit please tell me they were 'avin a laff. This can't be real.

Tfw chasing moses across the red sea

muh functional strength

This guy is just being cheeky.

he has some weird exercises but nick curson has improved a lot of fighters

She is unironically the #3 women's strawweight fighter in the world

one fast punch to mike tysons throat and he'd be struggling to breath for minutes, bruce lee is as good as tyson on dodging punches

That's so fucking weird

If you haven't trained, virtually any pussy ass nigga with a few months training will beat you. And I don't mean lifting.

I coach MMA. I have my teenage atheltes train with grown ass men, and my instructions to my athletes is to protect the new guy from himself, because he'll try to hard and fall over, or pull a muscle or do some goofy shit and hurt himself.

I'm talking teenager of maybe 60kg versus grown ass men of 90kg. It's pathetic what the untrained civilian is like. For my decent athletes they know to grapple with the untrained (or less trained) like 'they are training with their 10 year old cousin, you just demonstrate each movement with grace and control, no power'.

Seriously. If you haven't spent a year on the mats, are you even a man? I don't think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=mf6SGfLs9cY

youtube.com/watch?v=SJnyPLuHSIU

and she can't balance an empty barbell/ squat down in a controlled way? weird as fuck.

this is such a stupid sport rather than actual fighting you just go apeshit on someone

How you gonna punch him in the throat?

Just slip by that legendary peekaboo guard like it's nothing right? lmao

The guy is fucking huge though.

felt bad for paige there

I feel bad for her fucking knees -___-

Her leg shakes under that shitty load. I would literally lift her up with one arm and smash her head against the ground

>what are weight classes

Rose Namajunas

>being too autistic to even get humor on Veeky Forums

Both of these guys were DYELs. Miesha has some real skill but that second kid just embarrassed himself.

if that was true then everyone on this planet right now would be a skilled fighter.

Just shows how big of a joke women's MMA is.

don't judge it by women MMA, at least not by that fight. They have very little technique. Rhonda was champ for a such a long time just because they couldn't defend an armbar.

the untrained dudes in your vid are about the size of their female opponents though.

really wanna get into some sort of MA though. where should a nigga start? also, since training eats most of what little free time i have, what ammount of weekly practice is ideal?

They are jokes, just like all manlets.

total boss

>i'll take "what is a knee rehab exercise for $600, alex"

>randomly throw punchs
>bites her ears
>tries to choke her until death
>tries to break her arms
yeah sure

SHW masterrace

Exactly, me you and a lot of other fitizens could stomp this bitches face before she even gets a chance to throw a punch. Literally I lift my leg and walk ontop of her head and that's the end of the fight.

your analogy is so incredibly stupid.

Memeposting aside, I thought all compound lifts were considered "functional".

>really wanna get into some sort of MA though. where should a nigga start?
look up places in your area. Research whatever place you want to go to and who teaches there. Could be the difference between someone who actually knows their shit and someone who wants you to always bow to your sensei.

Try to avoid karate/tae kwon do/ancient asian places. BJJ and judo are pretty much the go to at the moment for a reason.

wait she's a fighter? she looks like a 12 year old girl

When will they learn?

Also
>japanese matchmaking

>Rose Namajunas

I'd let her Nom on my Jewness, if you sniff my drift.

I know you're trying to be funny but that's a really retarded way to reduce that video.

>bites her ears
breh.

>confirmed never stepped out of his mothers basement in his entire life

In my experience strikers make better grapplers than grapplers make strikers. So I'd start with Boxing or Mauy Thai.

But your best bet is to just go to an MMA gym and start training. Find a good one that is safe and fun. If it's full of bad asses don't bother. You should be training 3 times a week. That's ideal. But just do what you enjoy. Being able to fight is about as useful as being able to lift heavy things; not really.

Oh so it's not that women are weak anymore, it's that people of a certain size are weak? Oh I understand. You guys are clueless.

One of the best examples of what happens when I guy of 5'11 attempts to fight a guy of 6'1

and tyson was as good as lee at dodging you dumb fucking idiot

can't believe there are people who actually think if lee entered a ring with tyson he would leave in any other way than a body bag

thanks my people.

>Being able to fight is about as useful as being able to lift heavy things; not really.

says you. lately my neighborhood has turned kinda shady from all the fucking refugees. actually i don't know if they're all refugees but a lot of angry people that don't speak my language anyway. might be time to put some technique behind my gains.

tbqh, if you're that concerned about the refugees, fighting isn't going to help you as much as a weapon would. That being said, nothing wrong in learning how to defend yourself.

you have to remember that most of Veeky Forums doesn't actually lift and isn't over 150lbs. a 5'6 dyel manlet would get smeared by a woman like this, while a 6'0 200lb guy who lifts would chuck her around like a ragdoll. the difference between an untrained male and a guy who lifts is almost the same as between a woman and the average guy who doesn't lift.

just one quick punch to mike tyson's throat, Like Agent Smith here is really dumb enough to leave his throat open?

>youtube.com/watch?v=SJnyPLuHSIU
what does it say about me that I want to be that guy?

gunlaws in germany, m8.
and trust myself with a knife about as much as i trust my ability to reliably knock someone out. not one bit.
at least i'm big so people usually back down when i scream get loud.

>those knees going past feet

*scream at them

i don't scream ''get loud'' but maybe that would confuse them.

More delusion. 6'0 200lb guys come into my gym every week. They are useless cunts. DESU wirey little manlets are usually better because while they are equally inefficinet and incompetent, the smaller dude usually has a bigger heart (both biologically and metaphorcally).

I've got guys who played rugby at the highest non-pro level and still, my teenagers have to help them when they grapple and jesus, when we are striking its even sadder.

If you have spent less than a year on the mats, why would you even allow yourself to form an opinion?? Oh yeah, now I remember to protect you from your own insecurities.

man, your time would be better spent moving to a nice neighbourhood, voting appropriately, getting a better job, etc. There's no martial art that helps you take on multiple attackers, except running.

youtube.com/watch?v=KH9-K6bkETQ

You need to find the video of that one female champion "The Karate Hottie" getting dominated by some dude they pulled off the street. Its like a "survive against this fighter for 3 minutes" challenge and the dude they find just plays around with her like its nothing

B-B-B-B-B-BUT BRUCE CAN DO IT!

jesus, how can you be intimidated by using a knife?

Also, all you faggots need to go back and watch UFC 1 - 3.

"b-b-but this big would win"
"b-b-but this guy is only 150lbs not like my big muscly guy"

Bullshit! You guys are over 20 years behind the facts.

So youve never done cowboy training? fag

>youtube.com/watch?v=KH9-K6bkETQ
can't tell if that guy is legit or a joke. Don't care if he uses teh gracie name.

quick google, is this it?

>I hank hoyce ghacie

>man, your time would be better spent moving to a nice neighbourhood, voting appropriately, getting a better job, etc

believe me, i'm working hard for that shit. but at the very least i'm stuck here for another 2 years so i'll still have to deal with it for a while. also i still kinda like my ghetto ass neighborhood. all my friends are here.

not as much intimidated as i think i'd somehow fuck up and get stabbed myself.

>not as much intimidated as i think i'd somehow fuck up and get stabbed myself.
how stupid and uncoordinated are you? It's very hard to stab yourself unless you actually try.

Yeah thats it. Not saying that Michelle isnt skilled for a woman, but it amazes me that some guy who probably trains 2-3 times a week can completely play around with a female champion

well it hasn't happened to me yet so i can't say for sure but i've seen it happen.
also i've been in a few fights already but i always come out feeling like i just lucked out and i would like to replace that feeling with some level of ''oh yeah, i knew how to do that'':

tbf the guy is pretty Veeky Forums, and the girl has all the grace and finesse of a fucking house brick

It does the job of highlighting how much of a joke most female MMA fighters are though. Like swap her out for mighty mouse and that guy is out within the first 10 seconds, even with that goofy helmet.

I could easily knock them both out without even using my hands in under one minute. That shit is also almost as fake as "professional wrestling" circuses.

This actually makes sense, desu.

It's like a Bulgarian Split Squat, but for people with balance issues.

I feel bad for this qt.
I want to teach her the right way, and I want her to suck my dick, if you know what I mean.

>Functional strength

lifts such as the squat are the definition of functional strength. any person greatly heavier than her with a good month to get used to throwing and taking a punch could most likely outfight her.

Explain? What's the issue?

post more tyson webms

she's placing a lot of stress on her knees rather than her leg muscles. She's going to blow out her knees. The whole thing is goofy and not very effective.

What in the fuck was the point of this video? It was so ducking stupid. She was a female champion and he was a random dude. He blocked just about all of her hits and she even wore shin protectors. He didn't throw a single punch because he knew the fight would have been over right there and he didn't want to risk not getting the money for going the full 3 minutes.

Damn this was stupid and embarrassing

embarrassing.
course i have no i dea what im talking about just how it looked

just promotion m8 but yeah, definitely stupid and embarrassing

I wouldn't take anyone who goes by the nickname "the karate hottie" an bit seriously.

>tfw can recognize pete rubish's neck from a mile away.

Here, a comparison video to a trained male UFC fighter instead
Imagine some random dude checking(blocking) his kicks
Fast forward to 2:33 to see examples

I've watched a lot of street fight videos on YouTube and the normal person has no idea what to do in a fight. They are so scared of getting hit they lean back to defend their head but how are you going to get power into your punch if you lean back.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdbXJ--ONAo
Forgot vid

>There's no martial art that helps you take on multiple attackers, except running.

Any self defense based MA class will cover multiple attackers.. We did multiple attacker drills all the time at Wing Chun.

It leads to useless reflexes though, like when someone sneaks up behind me I automatically elbow them in the jaw.

Im 6ft 195lbs and theres not a lot of shitskins where I live, so worrying about a gang of arabs or niggers isnt an issue.

Also just cause some ex non pro rugby player got beat up in your gym doesnt mean shit. I went to a bjj/muay thai gym, and decimated guys with more experience than me because it didnt matter when a 160lb guy lands a punch on my just slightly bigger frame.

That being said I cant grapple, but managed last through an 8 minute round with a purple belt solely by overpowering him. Left me absolutely gassed though I need to learn proper grappling techniques

to be fair though, they probably told her to hold back. Not that it would have changed anything though. Also

>dat crocop

Hickson proved erryone even yeaaars before ufc 1