I saw a slave-boy being auctioned for thirty dinars, and as he was worth three hundred I bought him...

>I saw a slave-boy being auctioned for thirty dinars, and as he was worth three hundred I bought him. I was building a house at the time, and I gave him twenty dinars to lay out on the workmen. He spent ten on them and bought a garment for himself with the other ten.

I said to him "What's this?" to which he replied "Don't be too hasty; no gentleman scolds his slaves."

>I said to myself "Here have I bought the Caliph's tutor without knowing it ".

> Later on I wanted to marry a woman unknown to my cousin (i.e. my first wife), so I swore him to secrecy and gave him a dinar to buy somethings, including some of the fish called haziba. But he bought something else, and when I was wroth with him he said "I find that Hippocrates disapproves of haziba."

> I said to him "You worthless fool, I was not aware that I had bought a Galen," and gave him ten blows with the whip.

> But he seized me and gave me seven back saying "Sir, three blows is enough as a punishment, and the seven I gave you are my rightful retaliation."

>So I made at him and gave him a cut on the head, whereupon he went off to my cousin, and said to her "Sincerity is a religious duty, and whoever deceives us is not one of us. My master has married and he swore me to silence, and when I said to him that my lady must be told of it he broke my head."

>So my cousin would neither let me into her house nor let me have anything out of it, until at last I had to divorce the other woman. After that she used to call the boy "The honest lad," and I could not say a word to him, so I said to myself "I shall set him free, and then I shall have peace."

Kek.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7J6tN1nJmkM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where is this from? It's neat. Also, the cousin was a woman? Why did he have to inform his cousin he was being married and why would he try to hide this?

His cousin was his wife, it says that in the text.

Ooooooooh, I took that to mean that the woman unknown to his cousin would be his first wife, not that the cousin was his wife.

>Where is this from?
Ibn Batuta. A Moroccan guy who traveled the world and his descriptions are pretty funny. He's conservative in some places and pretty liberal in others. Here's some from his book:

> " At the distance of one day from this place are the mountains of Russians, Christians with red hair and blue eyes who are an ugly and perfidious people."

This is one a Sultan in Troxiana:

>"...a woman laid a complaint before [the king] against one of the amirs (military leaders). She stated that she was a poor woman with children to support, that she had some milk [for sale] with the price of which she would procure food for them, and that the amir had taken it from her by force, and drunk it. [The king] said to her, 'I shall cut him in two; if the milk comes out of his belly, he has gone to his fate, but if not I shall cut you in two after him'. The woman said, '[No,] I release him from the obligation... But [the king] gave the order, the man was cut in two, and the milk came out of his stomach."

>"While we were still sitting with the sultan there came in an elderly man ... [who] sat down in front of the sultan, on the bench with the Qur'an-reader beneath him. ... [I was told] this man is a Jew, a physician. All of us need his services. At this my old feeling of indignation flared up anew, and I said to the Jew 'You God-damned son of a God-damned father, how dare you sit up there above the readers of the Qur'an, and you a Jew?"

>Kek.

Back.

You know where.

Soon

>I was not aware that I had bought a Galen," and gave him ten blows with the whip.

Wow. I didn't even have to prove it. You just outed yourself as new. WoW got kek from StarCraft. Unfortunately you're not the only redditor (which is what I meant) who thinks it's from WoW. This site is dead.

Has a lot of good to say about the Turk's surprisingly

>At Ladhiqiya we embarked on a large galley belonging to the Genoese, the master of which was called Martalmin, and set out for the country of the Turks known as Bilad ar-Rum [Anatatolia], because it was in ancient times their land. {1} Later on it was conquered by the Muslims, but there are still large numbers of Christians there under the government of the Turkmen Muslims. We were ten nights at sea, and the Christian treated us kindly and took no passage money from us. On the tenth we reached Alaya where the province begins. This country is one of the best in the world; in it God has united the good features dispersed thorughout other lands. Its people are the most comely of men, the cleanest in their dress, the most exquisite in their food, and the kindliest folk in creation. Wherever we stopped in this land, whether at a hospice or a private house, our neighbors both men and women(these do not veil themselves) came to ask after us. When we left them they bade us farewell as though they were our relatives and our own folk, and you would see the women weeping. They bake bread only once a week, and the men used to bring us gifts of warm bread on the day it was baked, along with delicious viands saying."The women have sent this to you and beg your prayers." All the inhabitants are orthodox Sunnis; there are no sectarians or heretics among them, but they eat hashish, and think no harm of it.

Kill yourself. Kek has been used as an expression of laughter for ages, and still is everywhere, no matter what board memes it gets caught up in. Even on /a/, it's still used often and not complained about.

>WoW got kek from StarCraft.
No it didn't. Koreans on Starcraft would say kekekekeke, which was copied by Westerners, but simply 'kek' was hardly if at all used, 'lol' still predominated by a landslide. It wasn't until WoW that 'kek' actually began to take off as its own thing.

>our neighbors both men and women(these do not veil themselves)
>All the inhabitants are orthodox Sunnis; there are no sectarians or heretics among them

?

>You were born in the modern world

>not knownung the Topkek meme

>being this new

i feel old.

Kek has been used as an expression of laughter for underageds.

>Even on /a/, it's still used often and not complained about.

Reread my last sentence before this post. In fact I just got a solid citation for free: None of that contradicts my statement. Why would kek not be derived from kekekeke? If I recall correctly it is goblin/orc speech in WoW. Being used by Westerners only makes it more likely, and Understale didn't exist then so they wouldn't just throw memes in their game without some subtlety like shortening it to kek.

a sinner =/ a heretic in islam, at least in most sects

also the dress code for women is not a perfectly agreed thing anyway. apparently Quran says something like "hide your private parts" and the definition of that changes according to different hadith and fatwa. so in one hand you have burqas and on the other hand you have this: youtube.com/watch?v=7J6tN1nJmkM

>topkek: 2013
>early Starcraft Battle.net: 1998-2002
>you're the young one
sure thing buddy
You said WoW got kek from Starcraft. I directly contradicted that.

Kek, has been Veeky Forums speak for lol since before /pol/ existed.

t. someone who has been on this shithole since before /pol/ existed.

bump

And? You're a newfag. Yes the limit for a newfag goes forward every year but it doesn't double in nearness every year.

> " At the distance of one day from this place are the mountains of Russians, Christians with red hair and blue eyes who are an ugly and perfidious people."
Lmao. True tho.