CUSSING IN WW2

Why is it that in every sing WW2 film, there's very rarely if any cussing at all. You would think being in the bloodiest battle of the century you would yell "fuck, shit, bitch every once in a while" yet you almost never hear a swear word in WW2 movies. Is it just overly censored? or did people swear alot less during the 40's? because during Vietnam they talked Pirates? WHY DID THEY NOT SWEAR AT ALL DURING WW2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/prE-AymqzJk
youtube.com/watch?v=eIFWW9TuP_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf , which films are you viewing?

I heard a quote saying that the only time US soldiers didn't swear during the war was when the fighting started.

wholesome country boys didnt curse that much back then

Name me 1 American film to prove me wrong

Inglorious Basterds.

>equating films to really

Foul language was said less, in previous decades, in terms of casual conversation situations, but under pressure, many people still resorted to the usage of it.

youtu.be/prE-AymqzJk

People were more polite back then. Plus in WW2 movies, they like to romanticize the era. I'm sure soldiers in actually combat sounded more or less like moderne soldiers do.

"GET SOME BITCH"

That's a shit AU example and you know it.

Fury.

Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Fury, Pearl Habor, The Monuments Men, Hacksaw Ridge

they barely swear in
all of those movies, literally just proved my point

Film codes meant that movies produced during those era feature almost no cussing, and this has given most people the impression that people didn't swear back then. It's pretty much the same reason everyone complained about Kevin Costner's accent sounding wrong in medieval England; pop culture influenced how we think people in the past actually lived.

>WW2 film, there's very rarely if any cussing at all.

Oh really, they don't swear as much in movies?

im not equating films to reality you fucking mudflap. hence why i asked "is it overly censored or did they actually not swear" I also mentioned that in every other era of war especially Vietnam they all swear excessively in the films. so why is it just ww2. learn to read butt munch

You haven't actually watched them have you? They swear just as much as you or I do. What do you expect? Every single sentence to contain a swear word in it? You have to realise that in films everything said is meant to be heard. A good writer doesn't litter lines with nonsensical swearing just because it's wartime.

u best be trolling.

Fury alone has at least 100 fucks or fuck-related conjugations, and at least BoB and SPR definitely don't sugarcoat language.

>I'm not basing my opinion on films
>Did they not do X because I don't see it in films?

Kys for just being who you are. Feel bad for your parents

I remember vets saying there was actually too much cussing in saving private Ryan. Some vets complained that band of brothers had too much cussing as well.

>bloodiest battle of the century
>americans genuinely think this is true

The overuse of swearing in nam films is part of the device to show that the soilders were unhappy with their situatuon. To emphasise what a shit show it was. The less happy one is, the more likely they are to swear. WW2 was a shitshow but it mattered. The soldiers believed in what they were fighting for. Excessive swearing may lead people to beleive that they hated being there. That they were depressed to be out fighting.

you clearly lack thinking skills. if i have to explain why you're a dumbass you wont get it. & yea i will kill myself just to get away from dumbshits like you

So did US soldiers swear a lot during WWII? I mean some of the scenes from various famous movies are pretty clichéd but I wouldn't know for sure if cussing was frequent for US troops during WWII.

>Not so long ago in a Sydney bar, an American soldier turned to an Australian next to him and said: 'Well, Aussie, you can go home now. We've come over to save you.' The Aussie cracked back: 'Have you? I thought you were a refugee from Pearl Harbour'."
>Here's how the US Army explained it in 1942: "Being simple, direct and tough, especially if he comes from outback, the Digger is often confused and nonplussed by the manners of Americans in mixed company, or even in camp. To him, those many 'bloody thankyous' and 'pleases' the Americans use are a bit sissified."
Americans just can't banter as usual

I believe that curses such as fuck or shit weren't that popular back then. Films were of course censored, but even in bloopers the actors didn't use those words. They used damn, son of a bitch and nuts.

youtube.com/watch?v=eIFWW9TuP_Q

OP watches too much john wayne

thats a fuckin comedy film. not even a real war movie. terrible example

Stop being retarded for youre own sake.

Because cursing every other word makes for bad dialogue at the end of the day, unless you're looking to ham up the absurdity of it ala wolf of wallstreet.

You must be kidding. My great grandfather, grandfather and father called everything a goddamn motherfucker or a cunt.