So ive been considering using weighted clothing for all day use. I wanted to know if this was a practical idea or not

So ive been considering using weighted clothing for all day use. I wanted to know if this was a practical idea or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

strongfirst.com/how-to-ruck/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not, this isn't dragon ball z

Youre a fucking dumbass. Consider suicide instead

The ultimate meme

I'm retarded, why wouldn't this be a good idea? I've been toying with the idea of wearing ankle weights while I'm at work.

Yeah this isn't the first thread about this. It's simply not good for you all around, won't put on any muscle really. Most likely it'll just ruin your clothes, your knees and joints. The efficient way is to set aside time of the day to dedicate to exercise.

I feel like there's probably something in the stick about it as well.

>falling for the weighted vest meme

It's been shown that the effects (moving faster, easier, etc) wear off after a very short time. Also, you could fuck up your joints or start some weird movement patterns that aren't natural to accommodate the odd weight placement. Just lift weights.

I dont know about weighted clothing but since I started doing a weekly rucking(10 kg) my walking speed has increased a lot. I feel like my posture as improved tons aswell.

What if you built up to it like a fat person? A pound a week until you're full on 100 pounds in weighted clothes?

Just, just no man, look at the thread, read the sticky. No vests or ankle weights here. No

Being heavy is bad on the joints, period. The ammount of muscle you get is going to be absolutrely marginal and it will be completely uneven.

If you're that much of a hopeless weeb just so the OPM routine. You're still going to fuck your shit up, but at least you'll lose some weight and maybe get bigger arms or something.

Ok let's try a non-faggy question then.

What if I do practice hikes regularly with a 50lb backpacking pack on a 5-mile up/downhill loop? Will I get swole calves?

dont go 50lb instantly, build it up from 20 lbs and go from there or else you are going to hurt yourself

Here is a good link about rucking that another user posted
strongfirst.com/how-to-ruck/

But I already do 40lbs. Honestly Im gonna try working up to 100 lbs.

But what would benefit from it? Calves? Glutes?

None. Just stamina while giving up joint structure. Be sure to report next year how you need a cane to walk OP

>need a cane to walk

kek, guess you've never met any backpackers before? What about people that thru hike the various mountain ranges in the US like the PCT, AT, etc?

Why is Veeky Forums so scared about weighted clothing even in short bursts?

Seems everyone's scared that it works

>my animes

i use 60lbs to train for hockey

it fucks up my center of gravity quite a bit when skating, but ive noticed a pretty large boost in speed with it off

It's actually about what the first user posted, dbz animes, because that is always where this shit idea comes from.

Backpackers are far from pinnacle of the human limits in terms of any measure other than walking for long periods of time with a tent. If you want to gain muscle or lose weight or anything like that, you should just stick with a gym and cardio without weights.

There's a reason why swimming is the best cardio, think about it. Or just get wider and weirder with your weighted clothing.

kys faggot

Weighted vests are cool for very few things, like walking up hills to build calves, for example.

Ankle weights are now memo twin because they cause knee and other problems if worn for longer periods of time (as people get tempted to do because it SEEMS like a fun easy way to exercise)...

Added note: Don't get 'em unless ur set on a vest and are obsessed with walking up hills and doing pushups.

>meme tier

I had these.
Listen carefully.

I used to use weigthd stuff when I was going to have some tournament or championships (Taekwondo).
You're really faster and feel lighter when you take them off but after a few hours, the effect wears off.
It has no use for something else than that.

Also there's the fact that if you wear something too heavy to your ankles or wrists, you're gonne fuck up your joints.

The problem is that anything light enough for you to wear for extended periods of time is not going to be heavy enough to actually cause muscle growth.

See, there are basically three types of skeletal muscle. Type I and Type II muscle fibers, with Type II being subdivided into Type IIb and Type IIa. Type I is slow twitch, aerobically fueled muscle and is relatively weak, but much more resistant to fatigue. The Type II muscle fibers are anaerobically fueled (I believe B is glycolytic while a is non-glycolytic), and are must stronger, varying degrees of "faster," and fatigue a lot quicker.

Due to this, your body will recruit these muscles according to the "overload" principle. It will first recruit the weakest muscle fibers (Type I), and then the stronger muscle fibers if more contractile force is required. The Type I muscle fibers are what are recruited for simply walking around and shit.

A weighted vest will not be enough weight to cause you to contract more than the Type I muscle fibers, and even if it did, you wouldn't be able to wear it consistently because the Type II muscle fibers exhaust themselves quickly.

Training the Type I muscle fibers will not greatly increase their size or strength, because size and strength are not their purpose. What you're really training is your capacity to deliver oxygen to them. In well trained individuals, like top flight long distance runners, these muscles can pretty much go indefinitely, or until something happens to prevent one from supplying them with oxygen (like keeling over due to dehydration or starvation).

Type II muscles are the muscle fibers that grow significantly larger and stronger, and in order to train these muscles, they need to be recruited, which requires relatively heavy weights and relatively low reps.

Think more along the lines of Goku consistently increasing the gravity in his spaceship to keep things feeling heavy rather than Goku being a dipshit and wearing weighted clothing

This is only concerned with the effectiveness from a training standpoint, and doesn't touch on the problems weighted vests and shit worn for extended periods will cause to your back and other joints.

Real life isn't dragon ball z

If you're gonna wear a weight vest at least wear a plate carrier with some Level 3 body armor so it can stop a bullet.

Just get fat and get stronger

fatty here. i walk an average of 5 miles a day.

hip pain sucks

don't ruck, you idiots

if your skin is any sort of brown cops will be called pronto

>broscience the post

You'll fuck up the way you walk and your spine, don't be retarded and don't do it for long periods of time