How long before you started seeing gains?

how long before you started seeing gains?

Skinnyfat, 2 months into it. Only gains I've seen are a little bit of chest and biceps.

Like 3yrs

If you're 3 years in and not shredded or bear mode, you're doing everything wrong.

within a month of only doing 100 pushups a day, a mile a day, and 15 min of planks a day

not even kidding

is it weird for me to see chest and bicep gains after only 1 week? skelly atm

Stop lying to yourself fuckface.

2/3 months, but in the bigger picture 1/2 years

The real question is, how long until other people saw your gains?

15 mins of planks?? Noice senpai

Noticed slight development in my upper body in 2 months. After 6+ months you could see a difference in my stature and figure.

You looked in the mirror after a workout and your muscles were pumped.

It's impossible to get noticeable muscle in that short of time. Even if you had the most miraculous body in existence, you don't have enough protein.

b-be nice
i'm eating a lot

Muscle size completely rested, probably 2-3 months

Pump, posture and feeling stronger, 2 weeks

After 2 months i randomly flexed at a mirror and it was feelsgoodmang.jpeg

How long is a piece of string famalam? What routine are you doing? Are you cutting or bulking? How frequently are you exercising? Is your nutrition on point? Are you incredibly strict with your training frequency? Do you have good genetics? Do you mean strength or aesthetic gains?

If strength: straight away
If aesthetics: 1+ year of strict nutrition + exercise.

>routine

all upper body shit 3 times a week

>cutting or bulking

bulking

>nutrition on point

hell ye

>strict

ye

>genetics

idk

>strength or aesthetics

aesthetics

not all at once mind you

started out with sets of 3 until I got to 15 minutes

went up to sets of 5 min x 3

tried going up to 30 min of planks with 5 min sets, but I developed an excruciating pain in my lower abdominal muscles so I went back down to 3 sets of 5 min planks and I've been cruisin there since I figure that already gives me a juicy core

I also actually lift now too. looking back, I was a skinny motherfucker, but I still had noob gains from my basic routine

The wise men say:

1 month until you see a difference.
2 months until those close to you see a difference.
3 months until everyone else can see a difference.

chuck in some decline/incline pushups to target those pecs some more and variation

They're not being mean, nobody can acheive any visible gains in first week of lifting, think 2-3 months

1 month in terms of getting a bit defind , and 2 months for packing abit of muscle.

Also, is it alright to stall as a beginner?

Today I failed 45kg 5x5 for the second time and I don't know what the fuck to do.

Just go to the gym and do your best. The better you do, the better your results.

if you are consistent going and trying hard you will see results

45kg what user?

I s2g after one session. A week later, my shoulders were still swole. Maybe I was just paying more attention to my body, but... idk mang.

fyi I'm talking improvement in toning, not muscle size

Deload to 80% and work back up. Focus on your form and you'll break the plateau. Go hard and keep at, you got this chief, your in the fucking zone

Got some insane gains my first year, nearly tripled my bodyweight and all I ate was milk.

Sorry completely forgot, It was 45kg bench

SS+GOMAD?

>1 month in I thought I was hot shit
>2 months in my family thought I was getting buff
>3 months in I realized I could make a lot of improvements
>4 months in and my co-workers compliment me
>5 months in and I know I'm years behind
>6 months in my friends say I look huge
>7 months in and I still feel small
>8 months in and they ask me for advice
>9 months in and I Submit to Zeno's paradox

Dom said it best: "The day you start lifting is the day you became forever small."

Some one once told me something like: it takes 3 weeks for you to notice, 4 weeks for your friends to notice and 6 weeks for everyone else to notice.

You will learn once you start to lift, you notice actual fucking gains after good 7 years of hard work

Try 3 weeks for you to notice, 2 months for your friends and 6 months for strangers. Note that that's just noticing that you're physically active, not necessarily blowing up

>tfw got a male friend compliment me on my gains last monday
>the saturday before that i was at a club getting my chest and ass felt up by women
>still feel small

I started noticing gains almost immediately. I also started out a skinny lanklet.
Your first few months are definitely the best and you think you're hot shit.

I went from like 160 - 185 in the first year or two, got to 200 pretty quick from there. Still didn't really know what I was doing. At one point I bulked myself up to 240+ and looked like complete shit. Felt my stomach jiggle when I walked so I cut back down to 220ish. Spent 5 years or so flutuating between high 190s in summer when I worked all the time and 210-220 in fall / winter. Finally did a cut for the first time last summer and went from 220 - 185 at my lowest, reversed dieted up to 195 before I lost control and went back to 205.
Switched from basic bro tier bodybuilding workouts to powerlifting stuff. Tried to do my own variation of Juggernaut Method 2.0 it didn't go so great. Switched it up to Bulgarian Method, weighing 217, about 12-15% bodyfat, feel great, look great, not even training for size and got more muscular.

I say all that to say that this whole thing is really a journey and the quest for gainz will take lots of twists and turns, ups and downs but if you stay consistent long enough you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I also made the mistake of being way too headstrong and stubborn thinking my way was the best way. Best advice I can give to new guys is if someone more experienced than you is giving you advice it's worth it to hear them out and give it a shot.