So I heard my gym is getting new Technogym plates like pic related

So I heard my gym is getting new Technogym plates like pic related

Does anyone have experience with these? Are they good? Are they shit?

Really good to hold, but a bit thicker than other plates. I use them for situps to hold behind my head.

It's fucking plates, there is absolutely no difference you retards

>implying a useless deadweight with a hole in the middle is somehow better than another one with slight visual differences

It's like you've never talked to a woman before

is your gym inside a cartoon?

Some plates can be frauds.
A 20kg plate might weigh 18kg or 19kg

I know some people who bashed technogym and said their products are cheap material and cheap. Which is why most gyms in Europe are buying their stuff nowadays

kek

bretty good

nice to hold but they are small and thick so deadlift is not nice to do with these.

There is no metal collar inside the plate, and the rubber on them is so thin that sliding them on bars wears it out.
Shit even crossfit plates are better that these.

Welp.
Looks like I need to find a new gym.

Why are gyms getting all fancy and shit. Why not use old school metal plates

Fuck

no you didnt hear that, you wants Veeky Forumss advice on a set of plates before you buy them for your pathetic homegym

literally disgusting disguise

my gym has them, they are realy big, the 20s have a diameter of about 0,5m i guess, so if you do something starting from the ground, you can start higher, made deadlifting with tight hamstrings and barbell rows more comfortable for me, they have a big downside tho: because of the grips, they are uneven and often roll a bit away during diddlys or rows

These plates are actually fine. What are you faggots all on about? My old gym had them and there wasn't really anything wrong with them at all- diameter is pretty standard for a 20kg plate, relatively thin. Never weighed them though, but there's a fair load of PLers at that gym who are pretty anal about that shit and they've never bitched about them, so I'd say you're good.

FWIW their machines are actually shit though, plastic-y, tinny fucking things.

It makes deadlifting far easier.

technogym have the shittiest equipment I've ever come across, including the pl8s. Shit is just hard plastic, making it impossible to use without gloves if you want to avoid bleeding every time you workout.

They don't even have fucking 15kg plates apparently.
The plates are really easy to damage, so that's a no-go on deadlifting heavy. And you can't make up for it by putting those big plastic bumperweights on the bar because the 20kg plates are the same fucking size.

Two complete opposite opinions lel

Technogym is objectively speaking some of the worst quality equipment you'll ever encounter outside of Africa.
Those 20 kg plates will weigh anywhere between 18 and 22 kg.

[citation needed]

Checked

They don't write anything about how precise the weight specs are on their site, however that fact alone should tell you all you need to know - Every high-end brand will always be sure to note how precisely calibrated their weights are. Anecdotally I know a guy who actually measures some of their stuff ones (barbells and plates) and found them to be ridiculously off target.

On a personal note, I think I must have been to more than 15 gyms in my time, and Technogym is still by far my least favourite brand of equipment. Their plate-loaded machines are OK but their cable stuff is downright terrible, and I wouldn't be caught dead using their barbells, weight plates or fucking clown dumbbells.

Technogym is popular in commercial gyms because it's cheap.

I have them in my gym,I don't know if it helps but I find them easy to grab and carry around

Theyre fucking shit plates

Literally the most effort to get on the bar because they dont have a metal sleeve in the hole.

Fuck.
So all my gains have been a lie?

Well you could just as well have been lifting more weight than you think you have. It's pretty random.

Anyway, don't mind me - it's just fucking weights after all. It doesn't take much to get the job done. But once you're tried using proper equipment, you can really tell the difference.

Would using their plates create imbalances? lel

I suppose it could happen, but statistically speaking, I guess it'd even itself out over time since one day you might be using more weight on one side, and the next day on the other side.

Perfect

Makes sense. Guess I'll keep using technoshit
It sucks all gyms in my area are shit

lol, sorta.

It does make diddlylifting easier because of the enormous size, but that doesn't help much when they fucking break lmao

ayyy

Good un