They say you can't spot reduce fat, but what about this?

They say you can't spot reduce fat, but what about this?

>Catechins found in blueberries activate fat-burning genes in abdominal fat cells to assist with weight loss, and belly fat loss in particular. According to research at Tufts University, regularly ingesting catechins increases abdominal fat loss by 77 percent and double total weight loss.

Other urls found in this thread:

care2.com/greenliving/12-surprising-reasons-to-eat-more-blueberries.html
duckduckgo.com/?q=!g site:nih.gov tufts catechins
duckduckgo.com/?q=!g site:nih.gov tufts catechins anthocynines
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257683/
doctoroz.com/article/reset-your-hormones-beat-belly-fat
drnatashaturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/thd-Detox-14Day-Meal-Plan-Addition-CopyUSA.pdf
yadi.sk/i/a_JicM54rdHBy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blueberries are like $7 for 125g here in Australia.

This sounds like a meme conspiracy by the blueberries industry to make a fuck load of cash

You can get frozen ones for $4 at 500g

How many grams of blueberries a day they recommended?

The closest you can come to spot reduction that I know of would be changing your hormonal profile
I recall reading a study a while back which claimed that 90% of where your body decides to store fat is dictated by hormones, the other 10% being genetics
Unfortunately I don't have the source

>[This study was funded by: the agricultural bureau of a country with high blueberry production]

Eating local, fresh, seasonables readily available in your region without processing them too much is always the best choice for both your wallet and your health.

Why are you so sceptical when you haven't even read the study?

My wallet got cancer after I bought locally.

>using common sense
You come in the wrong neighbourhood, nerd

Well where is the fucking link ? Also its not the first time a study finds some amazing findings from a specific food source that later gets disputed and turns out to be flawed.

>I got robbed in Arsène Lupin's olde shoppe
lemme guess: australian?
That's what you get for being a former penal colony

The study doesn't exist.

OP just copy-pasted a soccer mom's blogpost.
>care2.com/greenliving/12-surprising-reasons-to-eat-more-blueberries.html

The lady down the street owns a orchard so we get 1 bucket for 6$ she usually charges 11 for out of towners. Poor old hag is the last one left from that family

>healthfags

>If you don't eat cheap shitty meat you ain't a real masculine alpha

>paying for blueberries
>not growing them on your garden/terrace

Those bushes grow like 7 berries a day

>not growing several bushes

Using google-fu
>duckduckgo.com/?q=!g site:nih.gov tufts catechins
>inb4 why google via duckduckgo
>because you get unbubbled results
It seems you can get the same effect with fucking green tea.
>duckduckgo.com/?q=!g site:nih.gov tufts catechins anthocynines
The most "on topic" source seems
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257683/
where various polyphenols are examined. None of those allow for "spot reduction". The take-home point is
>Evidence from pre-clinical and some clinical studies indicates that consumption of green and white teas containing catechins, fruits such as blueberries with anthocyanins, foods such as red grapes and wine with resveratrol, and spice like turmeric containing curcumin may provide several health benefits including improving blood glucose and lipid profiles, ameliorating insulin resistance, adiposity and obesity.

OP just >copy-pasted a soccer mom's blogpost.

neeeerd

> Wasting that much time and energy on a handful of berries

I would put more energy into watering and pruning those things than I would get from it

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257683/
The "abdominal fat" fad was a wrongly excerpt from this it seems.

>Biotransformation of blueberry juice by bacteria (Serratia vacinii) has been shown to increase the phenolic content of blueberry juice and to quadruple its antioxidant activity. When administered to KKAy mice (40 mL·kg-1/day, for three weeks), a model of obesity and diabetes, the biotransformed juice reduced body weight gain, abdominal fat pads, and liver weights possibly through its anorexic effect.

So the blogger construed a whole new property for blueberry in humans, starting from the fact that mice used as a model for obesity displayed reduced body weight (and therefore less fat pads in their abdomen)

Never trust claims on the internet without searching for the sources.

Several bushes would only produce about 35 berries a day.

Tom and Barbara pls go.

I meant single bushes but yeah. I had one for 4 years before a heat wave murdered it

First hit on google
>doctoroz.com/article/reset-your-hormones-beat-belly-fat

Anyway
>dr.oz
intothetrashitgoes.tiff
>drnatashaturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/thd-Detox-14Day-Meal-Plan-Addition-CopyUSA.pdf
>Detox
>14Day
killitwithfire.exe

>yadi.sk/i/a_JicM54rdHBy
>30day accelerated plan
fad__diet.webm

>naturopathic doctor
>naturopathic
>""""""doctor""""""

Just get your diet in check and quit looking at silly spot reduction short cut nonsense. I assume you're lifting intensely also?

>dictated by hormones
mostly true,healthy women tend to store fat on their ass thighs and sometimes breasts hence the high test meme,If a pre-menopausal woman has a gut it's usually signs of hormonal imbalance and general shit health.
Same for dudes with bitch tits and fat asses.

>inb4 a bunch of fatties gorge themselves on blueberries and get fatter

Your first link there is dr. oz you retarded fucking faggot. get the fuck out of fit you stupid nigger. fucking linking us to momscience dot com and whyamifat dot org dumb fucking faggot

Calm down.

Get out of fit

Do you have brain damage? That post is against Dr. Oz.

Seek help

Oh hey that's what I'm studying! But I prefer to call it preventative medicine and hope my refusal of witch doctoring will help me stand out. I still have to do a summer of ayurvedics in India but hopefully the knowledge I'll gain their will help me debunk popular health myths.

> their
I just woke up pls no bully.

Please don't call yourself anything but a shaman.

>I still have to do a summer of ayurvedics in India but hopefully the knowledge I'll gain their will help me debunk popular health myths
If you were joking, well played 9/11 never forget.
If you were serious, I'm ashamed people like you will be regarded as "doctors" in their future life.