Dumbell or barbell shrugs for huge traps, Veeky Forums? I feel like DB have better rom...

Dumbell or barbell shrugs for huge traps, Veeky Forums? I feel like DB have better rom, but everyone seems to be doing barbell

Cleans

I like to do DB shrugs, but hold them at the peak. It sucks dick but if I've learned anything about fitness it's supposed to be gay

Lever deadlift machine is the best.

Diddy

Barbell power shrugs (low reps) followed by cable shrugs (high reps). If you don't have a cable machine with enough weight you can use dumbbells but they can get a bit unwieldy.

Power shrugs faggot, be a man.

Lowish rep power shrugs, highish rep DB or plate shrugs.
If I'm doing a lot of DL volume I tend to leave out shrugs with the barbell though.

only dumbbells with high weight, barbell is not very good for your neck/spine.. trust me

Roll your shoulders forward and use a barbell. Longer ROM and it keeps you from repeatedly pushing the weight against your dick.

anyone have experience with snatch grip high pulls?

remember seeing a bill Starr article that said they're goat for traps.

wondering how they compare to power shrugs.

>shrugs
>not doing upright cable rows
destroyed my traps when I first did them. FUCKN DO IT

squats and ohp made my traps explode mang

>falling for the diddly trains everything meme

Enjoy your no-gains my man.

High reps of cable shrugs gave me decent traps

>doing barbell anything
not gonna make it

Train cleans instead. Build actual power and explosiveness while destroying your traps as well.

Dumbbell or deadlift machine if your gym has one.

>squats
always wondered how that works. Is it because the barbell is pressing on my traps so hard? I'm obviously not using my traps to move my hips up and down.

What?

Conventional deadlifts (or snatch grip, or high pin rack pulls, or heavy ass static holds)
Farmer's walks
OHP (or DB press or Push press)
Chinups (weighted, or dead hangs)
Among these core excercises, you hit your traps with plenty volume and from literally every angle. If you want a trap-specific excercise though, I recommend that one excercise that is the final pull of the clean, the jump and shrug part, without the rack. Not sure what the name is.

You're isometrically contracting them to hold the weight off your spine and scapulae

these niggas think squats work ur calves

I haven't done shrugs in years and my traps are fucking massive.
But yeah, if you barely deadlift 2pl8 you won't get big.

Smith machine shrugs.

I also have trap Doms after diddy day. Git stronk faggot

>anyone have experience with snatch grip high pulls?
A million times better than shrugs. Definitely one of my favourite exercises.