Can USA be considered a "Western" nation in character?

From 'Your Negroid and Indian Behavior', Carl Jung, 1930.

>"I know the mother-nations of North America pretty well, but I would be completely at a loss to explain, if I relied solely on the theory of heredity, how the Americans descended from them acquired their striking peculiarities. One might suppose that some of them were the product of the old pioneer and colonist attitude. [...] There is a much better hypothesis to explain the peculiarities of the American temperament. It is the fact that the States are pervaded by the Negro... . Some States are particularly black, a fact that may astonish the naive European, who thinks of America as a white nation."

>The emotional way an American expresses himself, especially the way he laughs, can best be studied in the illustrated supplements of the American papers; the inimitable Teddy Roosevelt laugh is found in its primordial form in the American Negro. The peculiar walk with loose joints, or the swinging of the hips so frequently observed in Americans, also comes from the Negro. (Note 3) American music draws its main inspiration from the Negro, and so does the dance. The expression of religious feeling, the revival meetings, the Holy Rollers and other abnormalities are strongly influenced by the Negro. The vivacity of the average American, which shows itself not only at baseball games but quite particularly in his extraordinary love of talking – the ceaseless gabble of American papers is an eloquent example of this – is scarcely to be derived from his Germanic forefathers, but is far more like the chattering of a Negro village. The almost total lack of privacy and the all-devouring mass sociability remind one of primitive life in open huts, where there is complete identity with all members of the tribe"

For me it seems that "the West" it's nothing more than a buzzword used only for political means and rethoric. But if by West we understand "Europe" then the USA are barely a western nation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tRFL4q5m7c
geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/
cell.com/ajhg/abstract/S0002-9297(07)62578-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"West" is a meaningless word that portrays North Americans as just an extension of Europe seperated only geographically. Really it is the Europeans who are a type of oriental.

56%-posting has gone too far.

More like the truth triggers americans

>the inimitable Teddy Roosevelt laugh is found in its primordial form in the American Negro.
Jung confirmed for never meeting with an european middle class before

>tfw the amerimutt meme is older than the internet

>meme

>The emotional way an American expresses himself, especially the way he laughs, can best be studied in the illustrated supplements of the American papers; the inimitable Teddy Roosevelt laugh is found in its primordial form in the American Negro
There were very few Negros in the North when Roosevelt was growing up. It would have been 98%+ white.
>American music draws its main inspiration from the Negro, and so does the dance
Then so does Europe at this point, which goes to show how shallow this analysis is.
>he expression of religious feeling, the revival meetings, the Holy Rollers and other abnormalities are strongly influenced by the Negro.
These can be traced mainly to England. The white American church customs come from wacky British protestants.
See: Lincoln's childhood, for instance.

>American music draws its main inspiration from the Negro, and so does the dance
> Then so does Europe at this point, which goes to show how shallow this analysis is.
Abominations like this are explicitly african:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tRFL4q5m7c

>Abominations like this are explicitly african:
Who said otherwise?

The above poster

Quote me then.

I did it. Do you americucks even read?

>Then so does Europe at this point, which goes to show how shallow this analysis is..
Where does this contradict your statement that the jitterbug is explicitly African?

Take your time, I know how hard the captcha is for your people.

The cabarets, dancing clubs and watching prostitutes sing naked was born in europe though

You can imagine the North hemisphere like a squid

The brain is Asia, the origin of civilization and thinking. The eyes and tentacles are Europe, the organs of action and making.

Then America is the ink that the squid shoots. The toxic, dark waste it releases.

This is why no one considers psychologists to be real scientists
They're just highly opinionated people that successfully pretend to sound smart while ranting about how humans operate the way they think they operate

>The brain is Asia
stopped reading there, kek

>Mesopotamia, Persia, and India aren't part of Asia

Of course, americans are incapable of reading. Let alone accepting something that doesn't fit their reduced worldview and hurts their feelings

>those places are the origin of thinking
>not a single philosopher close to Kant or Hegel
>not a single artist close to Mozart
kek'd

a dead brain then because those cultures are way dead

True, you foreigners are just too smart to dominate the top 20 universities.

> >not a single philosopher close to Kant or Hegel
>implying Kant and Hegel aren't the embodiment of german autism
Buddha
Mahavira
Nagarjuna
Asvagosha
Averroes
Avicenna
Maimonides
Confucius
Laozi
Etc

Those university-corpos where you enter and graduate because your family belongs to the oligarchs who run USA or because you're a mexican/black/chink and get affirmative action?

I like this read-to-deploy defense mechanism. Actually, it's not very difficult to get into a school like Berkeley.
I said close to Hegel or Kant, not leagues below and full of platitudes.

>all this american butthurt ITT

Germany has never produced a good philosopher
In fact Germany only produced social agitators: Luther, Marx, Hitler, Philipp Melanchthon, etc

>leagues below
>both Kant and Hegel were literal drama whores concerned with society

>the eternal g*rm
The main cause of societal chaos

>get debunked
>I'm not dumb, they're just mad
Loving Every Laugh

>stage 1: denial

>t. literal sub 90 IQ letztermensch who tried to read Critique of Pure Reason but gave up after 10 pages

>outing yourself as a /pol/tard

>outing yourself as a leftist catamite

According to the book Freud and Moses: The Long Journey Home Jung found many mystical and spiritualist books in Freud's home and then Jung had those paranoid and schizoid attacks. It took 7 years for him to recover

>In 1909 I paid my first short visit to the United States. This was my first impression of the American people as a whole; before that I had known individuals only. I remember walking through the streets of Buffalo and seeing hundreds of workmen leaving a factory. Being a naive European, I could not help remarking to my American companion: " I really had no idea there was such an amazing amount of Indian blood in your people."
"What!" said he. "Indian blood.? I bet thereis not one drop of it in this whole crowd."

>It would mean that the spirit of the Indian gets at the American within and without. Indeed, there is often an astonishing likeness between the cast of the American face and that of the red Indian — more, I think, in the men's faces than in the women's.

>And have you ever compared the skyline of New York or any other great American City with that of a pueblo like Taos? Have you noticed how the houses pile up in towers toward the center? Without conscious imitation America instinctively molds herself to the spectral outline of the Red Man's temperament.

This is literally a meme. It's more bullshit tHan literary analysis

...Nevermind that the Pueblos were confined to the exact opposite corner of the continent from New York, or that the Indians that lived in the eastern US never practiced adobe architecture but used huts and wooden longhouses.

This. Is not that "the red man spirit entered in americans"

Americans racemixed a lot with natives, no different from spaniards. The average white american has both native and african blood, just like metis, white mexicans/brazilians/ uruguayans, etc. That's why they have such weird faces, features and behaviour despite them claiming that they are "european"

Americans have more in common with latinamerica than any other part of the world. The only difference is that they speak english

>With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American. In general, the numbers seem to agree with what one would expect given the history of American colonization by Europeans and their interactions with African and Native Americans.

geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/

>Some States are particularly black, a fact that may astonish the naive European, who thinks of America as a white nation."

Was Jung the original el goblino poster?

>european americans
You are not european, burger. I'm sorry.

You are all simply AMERICANS, whether black, white, red, etc. You are ANOTHER nation. Why don't you take pride in that instead of bowing down to us so much? Oh yes, the slave mentality

98% ißn't 100%

t. 10% turk

>1930
When 50% of Americans had blond hair
Yeah, we were negros when we had more scandinavians than scandinavia

By that, it means that 98% are pure Euro, on average.

What are you quoting? Do you know how greentext works?

Read Turchin's "War and Peace and War." Americans determine ethnicity based on biological race.

Show me your 23andMe and I will judge your race.

Turks are native anatolians who speak an eurasian language. They are far closer to europeans than New World mullatoes

Do you know how the Americans first came into being? They were Whites once, bred by the dark powers. Blanda upped and sharted, a ruined and multicultural form of life. And now, perfected: my fighting Amerimutt.

And whom do you serve?
>ISRAEL

>muh percentages
>muh heritage
>muh X
What's so difficult to understand? You are not european. I do not want you and your ideologies in my country, in the same way I don't want rapefugees or gypsies

I don't care if your grandparents fucked each other and their children to keep their blood "pure". You are NOT european.

>le 56% meme
>tfw you've lived long enough to see /int/ become more shit than /pol/

No 23andMe? Still waiting.

Who the fuck are you arguing against? You just spout the same forced "meme" repeatedly upon first opportunity. Keep banging your head against the wall.

>23andme
Only burgers are insecure and ashamed of their blood to the point of needing a DNA test, like fatherless children. While at the same time handing over their DNA and data to the government

Well 98% European is apparently not 100%, therefore exactly like Latin America. Why won't you let me judge your race? What are you afraid of?

>Americans determine ethnicity based on biological race.
That's why sudanese and marrocaines are labelled as white in USA?

I'm neither american nor insecure, my man. I have no DNA test done because I don't need it. Nor do I have any interest to give my DNA to your government.

Because they were such an insignificant minority for most of American history that it was more of a hassle to create a new census category than to lump than together with another race. The census is every 10 years, so doesn't track with demographic trends well. The idea that nonwhites deceive themselves into being "100% european" in America is a lie.

>Of 3,636 subjects of varying race/ethnicity, only 5 (0.14%) showed genetic cluster membership different from their self-identified race/ethnicity. On the other hand, we detected only modest genetic differentiation between different current geographic locales within each race/ethnicity group. Thus, ancient geographic ancestry, which is highly correlated with self-identified race/ethnicity—as opposed to current residence—is the major determinant of genetic structure in the U.S. population.

cell.com/ajhg/abstract/S0002-9297(07)62578-6

Until you prove that you are 100% European your judgements mean nothing.

Raped negress slaves too much.

98% European is apparently not European, I wonder if you meet your own standards.

The funny thing is....American music wasn't even close to heavily influenced by African American music yet. Even straight up blues drew more heavily from Anglo/American folk tunes than African spirituals. The subjects, often sad and dark, were staples in Old World Folk. The pentatonic scale was just as common in European folk. They used European instruments. Even the use of "spiritualesque" lyrical phrasing is somewhat visible in white American reawakening spirituals. One of few purely African American parts of blues is the use of first person.

>mfw this thread
I get that Jungs words might be subjetive. But seriously why are you americans so fucking pathetic? Why are you so obsessed with blood? Nobody cares ffs

t. Nigel Al-Mahmud

>Europeans are still 99% white
>Americans are 50% white

>Europeans will still look European by 2050
>Americans will be non-white majority by 2040

>No country except America takes in millions of immigrants every year

post tits, cunt.

OBSESSED

Caring about personal image is essential to consumerism and to the survival of their 'nation'. It's quite a cancer if you think about it. A synthetic cancer.

>Europeans will still look European by 2050
cute

>Americans racemixed a lot with natives, no different from spaniards
If you find any Injun blood in Whites it's usually by way of Euro immigrant/Frontier Indian mix which didn't happen too frequently. I bet Quebeckers on average have more Injun blood than us. The Spaniards mixed on a whole different level

You're the ones posting the racist memes. I've just been saying that his claims are mostly nonsense. Maybe the music one is true.

If it hurts your feelings to be refuted, don't post stupid shit.

>Europe as a singular nation
Wew

Americans stop posting

>Let me tell you about your country

>eurinferiority complex
keep the replies coming

non

>it's always everybody else
You americans are the lowest of the lowest bottom barrel

That's an american national sport

You can't even muster a counterargument

>no u
Got em

>You americans are the lowest of the lowest bottom barrel
>this attempt at english
Please, keep these eurextrachromosome posts coming. It's like going to the zoo.

I haven't been to the zoo for years. Maybe I'll visit the US again sometime.

I will gun you down in self-defense

If you speak more than one language is not uncommon to make mistakes.

Americans on the other hand are barely monolingual and already have problems with their own language

...Then stop coming to American websites and visit your own hugboxes.

>Over half – 50.2% – of U.S. babies younger than 1 year old were racial or ethnic minorities.
>In the total U.S. population, non-Hispanic whites will cease to be the majority group by 2044, according to Census Bureau projections
>While census estimates have shown a shift toward a majority-minority infant population, estimates about the race of mothers from another data source – the National Center for Health Statistics – do not. Its preliminary 2015 data indicate that 54% of births are to non-Hispanic white mothers, a similar share as in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

>thread is about whether USA is a western nation or not
>immediately devolved into muh race
Russians are genetically european yet they are not western. Is such a concept so difficult to get, murritards?

Even if you were white that doesn't means yours is a "western" or european nation

Unfortunately I plan on visiting in 2021 after Trump is out of office. I'm not an expert on life expectancy in the US but I feel safe in saying you'll have been shot up at the park with your kids or something when I step off the plane.

>no u!!!1
The pinnacle of european "banter"

>USA
>Nation

>Even if you were white that doesn't
kek, keep this poor english coming
the zoo must go on

Read the OP again, retard.

I'll be waiting.

>United States of America
>United

USA is the most developed third world nation.

Is like a caribbean country but with technology. Nothing less, nothing more. Jamaica also has british based laws and institutions but it's not part of Europe. There's no reason for USA to be treated differently.

'ERE I COM
I AM CINNAMON

Desperately mad