Meanwhile, in cross/fit/

Meanwhile, in cross/fit/...

Fuck flexibility. Only muscle matters

I wanna hear that ankle snap...

Crossfit is a meme workout.

Hey dudes and dudettes ready to do the workout of the day? Guys, get your catching mitts on, girls grab the kettlebells!

kek

I for one like kettlebells. But wtf is that shit.

that is actually impressive

also I would plow that

>2016
>Doesn't wear catching mitts along with lifting belt and straps

>be me
>be chubby once decide to get Veeky Forums
>dont want to look like body builded so do alot of gymnastic type workouts
>get a nice little flexable body going
>gymbro with me one day
>gymbro a little wierd, likes to watch me work out, but still a nice guy
>one day, feeling silly and shit, in a good mood
>decide to show gymbro some skillz
>grab a kettleball
>put one foot on it
>ballance
>gymbro takes pic while lying on the ground for some reason
>wut?
>think nothing of it, go back to my stretches
>gymbro doing something on phone while grinning
>wierd gymbro

Many top athletes do crossfit. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Glassman pls go

desu that's impressive as fuck.
But who needs balance and flexibility, amirite?

gymbro wants to flex your anus with his kettleballs user

Nice thighs though

They didn't become top athletes by doing crossfit tho. It's like saying you will become rich and successful if you attend high-class fundraisers.

You know disgusting as it is I've thought that one day one I've stopped making gains I might pick up cross fit or something similar. After all they may be shit fit making progress, but it looks kinda fun if you're already in great shape thq

Found the cross fitter. Enjoy being in a wheelchair by your 30s while being a frail little pussy :v)

why not do something safer? martial arts? even parkour looks safer. yeah it looks fun, but 90% of them look dangerous as fuck

Getting into parkour is the most fun I've ever had and parkour isn't just the crazy stupid shit you see in YouTube videos.

Do it like you're supposed to and start with the basics and build up and you'll have a lot of fun while getting leaner.

True, but I'm far from the point of no more gains to be made so I've got time to decide. Part of me likes to think that if I'm big enough, they'd just let me not do the stupid unsafe shit

Parkour had also been on my radar for some time, but I'd have to self teach it because there's no guns close to me :(

Face it Veeky Forums. You hate Crossfit because you're jealous. You know damn well thats the emotions you feel when you shit on Crossfit. Crossfit forges ELITE fitness, that's the slogan for a reason. They do it all, sprints, hill sprints, kettlebell circuits, olympic lifts, gymnastics, swimming. They would run circles around you, then smack you on the head 5 times then run some more circles around you while you just stumble to keep up with them. And also, WAY more girls do Crossfit than would EVER go to a public gym to do a shitty boring 5x5 routine. And Crossfit girls are fucking amazing, and trust me, they like men MORE athletic than them. They aren't shallow whores just looking for the biggest douche bag with the biggest chest and bicep muscles, they want their men athletic, functional, and able to hold their own in a real world situation. Stop addressing your jealously feelings with anger and rage. Maybe just step into a Crossfit gym, do a workout, get your ASS kicked by a 40 year old mom, and that will either humble you or expose your shitty personality even more. Either way. Just do Crossfit.

Crossfit is Love. Crossfit is Life

Is that you, HEIGHT FRAME FACE guy?

Kek

Too expensive

The only bad thing about crossfit is the competitive nature of it, forcing shit like kip ups just go raise your numbers while sacrificing form, and the blind loyalty to diets and products

Crossfit was originally called cross training and was used by athletes to develop strength and cardio. Now it's middle class white people doing meme exercises to be "healthy"

pro crossfitcrossfitters only do crossfit routines to prep for competition, otherwise they do real strength training

but it doesn't even look fun

You can be a pro at crossfit? That sounds as gimmicky as e-sports.

it's basically just a bunch of roided dudes doing kipping pullups and shitty form clean n jerks on a footballfield.
also can't forget the annoying commentator who pretents its fun to watch men lift weights for 3 hours long
crossfit is such a fucking failure

Are there cute chicks to watch at these or do only men compete?

>e-sports
>gimmicky

they are talented individuals who rely on teamwork to succeed. gimmiky is turnleft or other racing """sports"""

chicks too, try youtube

so do my grandparents when they play bridge. the fuck is your point?

F1 drivers need to be in pretty good shape to handle the g's. They actually have to have some form of athleticism. Not just pointing and clicking.

Easy there b8oven youre trying too hard

I live in oregon and these fucking gyms are everywhere theres like 5 per square mile i swear fuck

How can they not understand that they are doing everything wrong

I live on the southern coast of Oregon only 1 crossshit gym and everyone that goes there are just weak hicks trying to impress tramps

Im in eugene, so yeah

>pointing and clicking
Not
>aiming abilities
>anticipating enemy movements around the map
>keeping track of your team's and enemy's Cool Downs on spells
>having a quick enough reaction time to dodge enemy engages
>being mechanically advanced
>knowing exactly the right time to use your item actives
>farming and denying farm
>engaging the enemy in small fights and securing kills
>having pro-level game knowledge
K then

I'm in the Greater Seattle Area and there are too fucking many. LA Fitness is too expensive for me, the other gyms are Cross-shit or personal training. Only good gym near me is the rec center. For reference I live in Lynnwood

Crossfit is just too risky

I know there's risk involved in weightlifting, or even basic cardio exercises, but crossfit carries the greatest risk of injury overall. And it doesn't offer quality gains. It's great risk, for minor payoff.

>Veeky Forums shits all over calisthenics
>Veeky Forums believes that ottermode is not the most attractive mode to attract women
>Veeky Forums thinks cardio kills gains
LMAOing at all you fags ITT that believe any of the above statements

>
Im in eugene too. AF

There's a 24 hour fitness in Woodinville my dude. Depending on where you live that's maybe a 15 minute drive

Have you seen an LOL tourna... I mean virgin convention?

All people who do calisthenics imply or outright say that adding weight makes it not calisthenics anymore. Which makes it pretty stupid, frankly.

>joined new Muay Thai / MMA gym
>they have crossfit classes
>trainer catches me lifting
>"this is only making your striking slower go try crossfit a class is in 10 min. yadda yadda"
>5 fat dudes
>10 middle aged women
>5 actually athletic martial arts guys like me
>the whole feeling is like we're back in sports class in grade 1, theres some motivational music and the trainer is constantly shouting how good we are and to keep pushing etc.
>everybody does exact the same workout
>the fattys are almost dying, i legit feel like they could have a heart attack
>the middle aged women seem kind of challenged
>me and the MMA guys are just wondering wtf we're doing here
>100 box jumps at knee level
>kipping pullups
>100 squats without weight
>some crunches

Ill stick to lifting thank you

you cunt, I almost choked on my tea. fuck you for making me laugh 10/10 would choke again

The dude is kinda right but mostly wrong.

Developing strength is good but it actually can slow you down.

When you do bench, for example, the bar doesnt fly out of your hands because your muscles are working against each other. e.g. Your bicep contracts to slow down the action of the tricep.

This isnt really a problem, because as soon as you are done developing strwngth, you can train your explosivity, keeping all your strength gains, and getting your speed/power back.

This is done not through cross shit, but rather explosive lifting.

Oly lifts, jumping back squats, box jumps, plyometric work, ballistic work (basically just throwing heavy shit)

You can do upper body plyo too, dont think it is all squat hops and shit.

Also, another good way to develop speed is just to practice punching and kicking fast.

Nothing will increase your kicking speed like practicing to kick faster.

Hitting the mitts is the way to go, but definitely do explosive work too.

I will see if i can dig up the video where firas zahabi talks about this subject exactly vis-a-vis UFC training

Can confirm. GF crossfitter, 10 years later -Fucked shoulder, fucked back, fucked every joint