Some of these out of place artifacts are really, really weird...

Some of these out of place artifacts are really, really weird. How did ancient humans JUST SO HAPPEN to create figurines that look exactly like aeroplanes, or analog computers that could pinpoint astronomical occurrences with incredible accuracy (Antikytheria Mechanism)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5LCLljJho
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolabe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_technology
youtube.com/watch?v=ML4tw_UzqZE
huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/13/hidden-ocean-earth-core-underground-video_n_5491692.html
theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/13/earth-may-have-underground-ocean-three-times-that-on-surface
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrarium_of_Giovanni_Dondi_dell'Orologio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Su_Song#Horology_and_mechanical_engineering
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaquet-Droz_automata
youtube.com/watch?v=OehTO9l1Hp8
youtu.be/k2T9FpzUl6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, according to the Ancient Astronaut theory

>check out my hoaxes

Fuck off back to /x/ alt knowledge cunt.

I think it was some genius born a little too early for making flying machines so she just decided to be an artist and make these little toy airplanes. Either that or maybe they were modeled after kites. They could be from alien flying craft but imagine if you had only seen one airplane, your sculpture probably wouldn't be this accurate

Just because you can't explain them doesn't mean they aren't real.

I guess because of birbs.

Because there was a previous cycle of technologically advanced civilization preceding our recorded history. And it has nothing to do with aliens or any of that memery.

Care to elaborate? I’ve never heard a non-alien explanation for ancient technology.

Great civilizations prior to the end of the last ice age (roughly 10,000BC). They're recorded in tales of Atlantis, the Hindu scriptures, and all great flood stories.

I have a theory that, through war, violence is slowly being bred out of humanity. Thousands of years of sending half of our population to die every generation has been an unnatural pressure to weed out those naturally inclined to violence, and leaving more sedate populations to breed. If true, an ancient civilization with near or current level technology may have very well of had a much different psyche than ours. If the only reason why we havn't bombed ourselves back to the stone age is by some sense of pragmatism and ethics, both pretty uncommon traits as it is today, it would be no wonder our ancestors might just have wiped their civilizations fron history.

The fossil record shows that our species is at least 200,000 years old. We know that shortly before the beginning of recorded history, there was a massive sea level rise the inundated much of the coastal areas around the world. And virtually every ancient culture includes a flood and/or a superior ancient civilization in its mythology.

This desu. Airplanes resemble birds, and the figurines are meant to resemble birds, so the figurines look a bit like airplanes.

t. zecharia sitchin

The figurines were discovered among hundreds of figures depicting bugs, birds and other animals
Would it not be more prudent to assume they are probably depicting animals in a stylistic manner rather than modern jet aircraft?

Astrolabes arent difficult to make although the antikytheria mechanism is a fantastic example of a quality one.

i know you're probably trolling though so go away

That's right, the aeroplanes resembles birds por bats, the figures also, so they not necesary are related with aliens of something, just humans with imagination, metal, artistic vision and free time

And these superior civilisations never thought to move in land?

No. And neither have we.

The flood happened quite suddenly(in days maybe weeks) swallowing most of urban centers and with it most population, elites and craftsmen.
Then comes hunger and civil unrest as flood was caused by meteor hitting ice caps in NA and total ecological breakdown.
We have different similar(on smaller scale) situations with Bronze Age collapse and Mesoamerican collapse. Where local civilizations collapsed and take with them their culture, art and craft.

ITT

>through war we get rid of the people naturally inclined to violence
A huge part of people are forced to fight in wars.
In the first world war tons of soldiers shot over the heads of their enemies on purpose.

>that look exactly like aeroplanes
What are birds

>or analog computers that could pinpoint astronomical occurrences with incredible accuracy
Being an intelligent and rich person who doesn't have to work in a time before all modern forms of entertainment. I'm surprised they didn't invent more shit.

>Antikytheria Mechanism
nobody has a good explanation for how they were able to manufacture this
it's obviously an analog computer used in astronomy, but this is the Iron age

faggot can't explain something, so he rejects it out of hand instead of updating his shitty models

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound
>the rise of land masses that were depressed by the huge weight of ice sheets during the last glacial period, through a process known as isostatic depression. Post-glacial rebound and isostatic depression are different parts of a process known as either glacial isostasy, glacial isostatic adjustment, or glacioisostasy. Glacioisostasy is the solid Earth deformation associated with changes in ice mass distribution.[1] The most obvious and direct effects of post-glacial rebound are readily apparent in parts of Northern Eurasia, Northern America, Patagonia, and Antarctica. However, through processes known as ocean siphoning and continental levering, the effects of post-glacial rebound on sea level are felt globally far from the locations of current and former ice sheets.[2]

~95% of the world's population lives on or near the coast today, the same was likely true long in the past.

At the end of the LGM, all the potential settlements along the coast were submerged beneath the waves. There would be little trace of them remaining by now. We'll probably never know.

The only one thot looks freakily close to an airplane is the one of the rightmost top, and even then (if they are even ancient and not forgery) it could easily be the stylization of a small bird with a fly in the beak.

a present example of this isostatic phenomenon, pic related

>The flood
floods

>Tales of Atlantis

Stop. There are no "tales of Atlantis" Atlantis is mentioned once and not is completely allegorical.

LOOK AT THESE GREEN PIXELS
DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THEY ARE INSIGNIFICANT?

really makes you think

>How did tiny humans JUST SO HAPPEN to create origami that look exactly like aeroplanes

Saw in a documentary (not ancient aliens) that op pic is modeled after some kind of fish that was important to the people who made it .

Clarifying, the bottom right one that was used in AA.

am I missing something here? Seems like I might be.

Why did ancient ayyliens feel the need to shape their "jet fighters" after literal cocks?

Give this a listen:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5LCLljJho
It's long and yeah, it's Joe Rogan, but it's great. I'm not convinced of Hancock's overall point, but his insight into the history of the younger dryas comet impact is pretty fascinating.

have you ever tested your erection in a wind tunnel?

ITT: user discovers about the existence of birds.

>pinpoint astronomical occurrences with incredible accuracy (Antikytheria Mechanism)?

Believe it or not, Greeks were able to look at the sky and see stars and the moon. They then very cleverly found out how they moved and possibly even more cleverly made a machine to model those movements.

It's absolutely and completely impossible that industrial-level civilization disappeared without a trace. You can bring up sea rises and meteorites and whatever you want, doesn't change that fact.

>industrial-level
nobody is asserting this, Gobekli-Tepe is fucking weird.

sounds like a good way to get frostbite in your nethers.

Are you implying the Greeks didn't know how to manufacture or shape bronze?

>nobody is asserting this
Well that's good, but I guess I must be tripping balls because I'm pretty sure some people ITT are implying exactly that.

Would you consider Rome or Egypt industrial? How about Sumer?

Convince me Atlantis didn't exist.

It has been reconstructed and is shit at its job

did they use solely Aegean or at least Mediterranean iron age tech to reconstruct it?

Not really. I'm willing to believe with some difficulty that something on the level of the ancient Mediterranean and the Middle East existed before and disappeared.
Renaissance Europe and Song China, no, they were quite extensive geographically and would have left too many traces.

>at least 30 meshing bronze gears
>Detailed imaging of the mechanism suggests that it had 37 gear wheels
>largest gear is approximately 140 millimetres (5.5 in) in diameter and originally had 223 teeth

good luck pretending this must have been easy for them more than 2000 years ago

>The knowledge of this technology was lost at some point in antiquity, and technological works approaching its complexity and workmanship did not appear again until the development of mechanical astronomical clocks in Europe in the fourteenth century.[23]

hard to explain

>would have left too many traces
the argument is that the synchronicity in the details of various world cultures are those traces

>good luck pretending this must have been easy for them

Who's pretending it was easy? Many hard to do things have been achieved in the course of history.

>hard to explain

How so? You yourself stated that this is very complicated technology. It would seem not that unusual that complicated knowledge gets lost.

They aren't traces. You might as well argue that modern China is proof that the ancient Chinese myths are true or that ancient China existed at all. If I believe something that can be called ancient China existed it's because there are traces of it existing, not because there is a China.

nah, I meant it's hard to explain how they built the thing with their metallurgical tech. Can you point to a similarly complex machine ~200 BC?
Lets say anywhere in the world.

I don't think it's particularly significant that they produced something that was later achieved in late medieval Europe. You can call it impressive, astonishing even, but it doesn't require rewriting history.

I wouldn't call it paradigm shattering, but my almonds are activated.

because it was an ancient sex toy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolabe
The Antikythera was by no means unique, its just the only one we have found.

Regardless, that's hardly an argument because at all points in the time there must be one thing that is the most complex. The fact that it is more complex than anything else, does not mean it can not exist, for then nothing could exist.

Monolith off the coast if Sicily

The claim that the Antikythera mechanism was too advanced for its time is largely self-defeating. It's beyond doubt that greeks or their neighbors produced it themselves, due to how obviously Greek/Near Eastern it is. Whether the creators relied on older "lost" metallurgical tech or they came up with state of the art tech themselves, they obviously needed the tech to make the mechanism, that something is merely evidence of what sort of tech existed back then.
The only alternative hypothesis is that they used some relic tool that they were incapable of reproducing but... What's the story here exactly, that Hipparchus found an ayylien nanofabricator and used it to craft some bronze gears for his astrolabes?

I can make an astrolabe in my garage. This is different.

>An early astrolabe was invented in the Hellenistic civilization by Apollonius of Perga between 220 and 150 BC, often attributed to Hipparchus.
please try again, I did say anywhere in the world. Maybe a little earlier?
Are we gonna have to start talking about batteries?

makes sense, 8000 BC doesn't seem unlikely desu. South-west coast, right?

>Whether the creators relied on older "lost" metallurgical tech or they came up with state of the art tech themselves, they obviously needed the tech to make the mechanism, that something is merely evidence of what sort of tech existed back then.
you're not saying what that something metallurgical tech is

it should be obvious, it must have been a similar technique to that of the 14th century craftsmen who created similar complex gears and housings to power their own astrological clocks

don't know anything about their technique though, so I couldn't tell you how they also did it ~200 BC

>that they used some relic tool
no, they had files and knew how to work bronze. It's the mathematics and the physics put into practice and the precision of the work that suggests the influence of some forgotten knowledge. Lots of moving teeth.

Rome was definitely on the verge of becoming industrial. They had steam engines, electric batteries, and were already with the idea of industrial fabrication with the use of water wheels. Another few hundred years, or someone smart enough to utilize the tech, could have jump started another technology revolution.

>It's the mathematics and the physics put into practice and the precision of the work that suggests the influence of some forgotten knowledge.

Its an quite accurate representation of Ptolemy's geocentric celestial spheres this was common knowledge at this time.
They also created art with the same level of precision. They got extensive knowledge in geometry and mechanics. They even had steam powered automatic doors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_technology

They are stylized insects and birds. These tumbaga come in all kinds of weird shapes. Pic related a "jaguar".

I did and my urethra expanded to an enormous width

ikr
as if the Egyptians didn't have similar shit

Not necessarily. What if instead of oil-based plastics they went with hemp-composites? As for eradicating whole traces of a civilization....we've done that in recent history. Hell, Japan managed to erase most of its Unit 731 style camps entirely. Were it not for two guilt-ridden men we wouldn't even have been able to discover anything. And that was a massive military compound made of concrete/massive graves etc etc

It's really really weird that engineers make airplans that JUST SO HAPPEN to look like birds and other flying creatures

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

>all the fountains of the great deep

>According to Lechtman, Europeans sought to optimize metals’ “hardness, strength, toughness, and sharpness.” The Inka, by contrast, valued “plasticity, malleability, and toughness.” Europeans used metal for tools. Andean societies primarily used it as a token of wealth, power, and community affiliation. European metalworkers tended to create metal objects by pouring molten alloys into shaped molds. Such foundries were not unknown to the Inka, but Andean societies vastly preferred to hammer metal into thin sheets, form the sheets around molds, and solder the results. The results were remarkable by any standard—one delicate bust that Lechtman analyzed was less than an inch tall but made of twenty-two separate gold plates painstakingly joined.

>Andean cultures did make tools, of course. But rather than making them out of steel, they preferred fiber. The choice is less odd than it may seem. Mechanical engineering depends on two main forces: compression and tension. Both are employed in European technology, but the former is more common—the arch is a classic example of compression. By contrast, tension was the Inka way. “Textiles are held together by tension,” William Conklin, a research associate at the Textile Museum in Washington, D.C., told me. “And they exploited that tension with amazing inventiveness and precision.”

>In the technosphere of the Andes, Lechtman explained, “people solved basic engineering problems through the manipulation of fibers,” not by creating and joining hard wooden or metal objects. To make boats, Andean cultures wove together reeds rather than cutting up trees into planks and nailing them together. Although smaller than big European ships, these vessels were not puddle-muddlers; Europeans first encountered Tawantinsuyu in the form of an Inka ship sailing near the equator, three hundred miles from its home port, under a load of fine cotton sails. It had a crew of twenty and was easily the size of a Spanish caravelle. Famously, the Inka used foot-thick cables to make suspension bridges across mountain gorges. Because Europe had no bridges without supports below, they initially terrified Pizarro’s men. Later one conquistador reassured his countrymen that they could walk across these Inka inventions “without endangering themselves.”

>Andean textiles were woven with great precision—elite garments could have a thread count of five hundred per inch—and structured in elaborate layers. Soldiers wore armor made from sculpted, quilted cloth that was almost as effective at shielding the body as European armor and much lighter. After trying it, the conquistadors ditched their steel breastplates and helmets wholesale and dressed like Inka infantry when they fought.

Huh its like they could had different focus.

Imagine if they had actually different not greed based focus and actually cared about environment form the start?
Kind of green civilization that is more focused on terramorfing and changing landscape, domesticating plants and animals and creating soil and human friendly terrain?

>geologically impossible and no evidence it ever happened save for the blogspots you like to circlejerk over

t. Samefag retard

>some genius
>she

Are you retarded?

They never entered the industrial age because they never need to. Cheap slave labour was a much more efficient way to produce stuff.

I don't feel like a slave based society excludes the ability to have industrial developments. You still need farm, construction, and other labor focused tasks. America had Chinese labor until the early 20th century for example.

I imagine the main reason why Rome never entered the industrial age was because they never developed their tech for anything beyond very simple toys and machines, and only had access to one very restrictive fuel source; water. Without oil and petrol, they couldn't make anything powerful enough to demonstrate usefulness.

youtube.com/watch?v=ML4tw_UzqZE

the activation of the autism array explains why we forgot how to maintain all our advanced technology

well this is some new information
>all of the engineering details and challenges as they would have been experienced by the original maker
>uses power tools and other modern equipment

NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO RECREATE THIS THING USING EXCLUSIVELY KNOWN PERIOD TECHNIQUES (~TWO HUNDRED BC)

>slave labour
>efficient
wage labor is far more efficient, don't have to pay for their room and board

>geologically impossible
anonfag, did you know there's like more water than the entire Pacific ocean 440 miles beneath the crust? In fact, this layer may hold three times more water than all the surface oceans combined.

This water has, in the past, been driven up to the surface by geological activity.
>look at this one story describing global geological cataclysm and water coming up from inside the earth
I'll post a source you might actually appreciate.

huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/13/hidden-ocean-earth-core-underground-video_n_5491692.html
>This discovery may help explain where Earth’s water supply came from, and how subterranean water affects the shifting of rock in the Earth’s outer crust — a phenomenon scientists call plate tectonics.
theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/13/earth-may-have-underground-ocean-three-times-that-on-surface
>“I think we are finally seeing evidence for a whole-Earth water cycle, which may help explain the vast amount of liquid water on the surface of our habitable planet. Scientists have been looking for this missing deep water for decades.”

I'm sure this isn't significant.

no

>it's obviously an analog computer used in astronomy,

thats not obvious at all, and just what people decided its for
>It has been reconstructed and is shit at its job

you don't have another device like it so you don't know if its a part or a device in itself, so to say its been accurately reconstructed is nonsense and to say it doesn't work is stupid when you don't really know what it's for

> beyond doubt that greeks or their neighbors produced it themselves

>due to how obviously Greek/Near Eastern it is.

that's circular logic what proof do you have that it's greek a naval civilization comparable to Phoenicians

it seems like the best way to explain away oddly placed tech and maintain your idea of that time period tech capabilities is to downplay its significance as much as possible

>elite garments could have a thread count of five hundred per inch—and structured in elaborate layers. Soldiers wore armor made from sculpted, quilted cloth that was almost as effective at shielding the body as European armor and much lighter. After trying it, the conquistadors ditched their steel breastplates and helmets wholesale and dressed like Inka infantry when they fought.

explains a few things like why incas identified with the conquistadors, also are there any samples?

thats some next level shit

>Cheap slave labour was a much more efficient way to produce stuff.

this old meme.

slavery is not cheap or efficient long term, romans discovered that the hard way when slaves from campaigns displaced roman workers which led to gracchi reforms.

also freemen do better work

Birds don't have vertical tails, it's more fish like.

I don't think they had planes, but these are very obviously models of objects that could fly. They have all the necessary wing pieces.

These are from the antediluvian civilization, had a strong presence on the Yucatan and modern Peru/Columbia.

I'm not saying they had planes, but they definitely understood how to make things fly. Maybe they had throwable gliders.

Honestly guys, with the back wings included, you need to accept that these people understood flight.

They were not just looking at birds, these are planes. Planes with all the necessary pieces. Whoever made these artifacts fully understood how flight works.

In case you were curious, this needs serious explaining.

Why did pre-colombian Americans understand how to design a plane??

look like birds to me, care to tell me why I should include the back wings?

>we can find the footprints of people who lived four million years ago
>can reconstruct Paleolithic campsites based on stakeholes and scatters of bone and flint
>can't find a single trace of an 'advanced civilization' before 10,000 years ago
But I'm sure they had planes.

>Antikytheria Mechanism
The Greeks were just smart. It's not that unbelievable that a civilization could put maths and geared mechanisms together. For example:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrarium_of_Giovanni_Dondi_dell'Orologio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Su_Song#Horology_and_mechanical_engineering
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaquet-Droz_automata
youtube.com/watch?v=OehTO9l1Hp8

>built between 1348 and 1364
>completed in 1088
>built between 1768 and 1774

200 BC

B
C

spamming irrelevant Wikipedia articles isn't an argument
Most people who lived 12000 years ago lived on the coasts, just as it is today. Many of those coastlines are now underwater.

Which structures of ours could survive 5000 years underwater?

This one time there was this thing called a flood

there were a couple

youtu.be/k2T9FpzUl6o there is a reason for that. Our civilization is just another chapter of the human race, no fucking telling what went on 2000 years ago, 5000 years ago, we just get the scraps