400lb First Time in the Gym

So, I've mustered up all the courage I have to finally go to the gym.

I'm 23, 6'2 412lbs. I'm fighting my anxiety as I type.

I know I should just focus on compound movement type exercises and walking.

Any tips I should know for my first time? Thanks

Btw pic related, it's what I ate earlier.

Walking too much might put too much strain on your joints, give stationary bikes a shot instead of the treadmill.

There is nothing I can really say that will make you more comfortable there, it will just come with time.

Keep track of your calories first and foremost, then go to the gym and do your thing.

Good luck bud, first little while at the gym might discourage you, but we will all be proud once you have gotten through that.

If your diet is cleaned up already you're half way there.

Don't be discouraged, I started almost exactly where you are now at 6'3 ~430 lb.

If you don't have a physical base yet, I suggest you run a machine circuit (choose those machines that simulate compound lifts) combined with 20 minutes on the elliptical.

In about a month you'll have what you need to start working with free weights, keep up the cardio, keep on top of your diet, and you'll be there in a year or two.

Don't worry about what anyone at the gym thinks. It can be an intimidating environment but for real nobody cares.

Don't give up.

Thank you.

Yeah I've been cutting out bad things for the past two months. I've been getting up with more energy. I told myself I wouldn't buy a membership if I couldn't commit to a new eating lifestyle. I live alone so it's been hard for me not to order pizza or eat Wendy's. But for two months straight I've lost 20lbs just eating right. Today I bought a membership to celebrate two months of my new lifestyle.

Okay, I'll try the bikes then. I figure treadmill was the main way but you're right. It's gonna takes its toll on my joints. Thanks!

I wouldn't normally recommend eating at an extreme calorie deficit to lose weight to people, but in your case, since you are morbidly obese you should mainly focus on eating less to lose weight until your body is able to move around with no issues. Then once you shed some serious mass, then focus on building muscle to rehabilitate your metabolism and body.

Thank you!

It's only been two months since I've started eating clean. I've gone cold turkey on soda and fast food which was my only diet as a single guy. I was really hard but I've gotten used to cooking my own food now. With salt free seasonings.

Okay, that's a very good plan to follow. I'll write everything down and build a circuit of compound movements only until I feel more confident with the free weights. Thank you!

Thank you!

I'm sure I'll come across people like that eventually. Thanks for the encouragement! I'll keep my head up and just focus on myself. Thanks

>it's been hard for me not to order pizza or eat Wendy's
nothing hard about it. just don't eat it. that's the only way to not eat it, simple as fuck.

over time you'll learn dietary discipline. it took me a while but now i have zero cravings for anything. good food is still good food but cravings are non-existant, food is primarily a source of nutrition and if it tastes good, fine. this is how humans are supposed to relate with food. its not natural or healthy to see food mainly as a nice thing

As shit as BMI is, its not a bad way to tell when you should be doing running/walking as cardio. Stick to the bike, rowing and swimming.

Stick to it big boy
Exercising and maintaining a good diet is rough, because it's not comfortable. But life shouldn't be comfortable. When you really push yourself and reap the rewards, you will feel awesome. A genuine awesome feeling.
You've lived your life being comfortable (hence the weight gain), now you just gotta make up for lost time bud. Keep at it. Veeky Forums will give you a lot of shit, but we all love you man

I've focused on eating good meals. I spent a lot of time studying what I could eat and how much.

I like to cook with salt free seasonings and that's what's been for me when I sear chicken or salmon with vegetables. So far so good. I've already started to feel the effects of it! I wake up with so much energy every morning! It's amazing for reals. Thanks for the info!

Yeah seriously. The cravings are hard but I've gotten around it by preparing food ahead of time. So that I may eat it when cravings hit.

literally just dont eat it (wendys, takeout, w/e)

do you want to lose weight? like you actually want to lose weight? then dont fucking eat the bad thing

every bad thing you eat sets you back, every single bite of it

every time you eat a bad thing you dont want to lose weight

this

also patience, you spent your entire life building up that fatwall

its going to take some time to rip that shit down, but stay focused and work at it

There will be a day when your pants fall of your ass and you will have started to make it bro

Don't look at living by yourself as a bad thing. This is actually perfect. No ones going to fuck your diet up by keeping stuff that is detrimental to your diet in arms reach. You're only going to stock what you need that is essential to your diet if you truly want to change. Practice a bit of willpower every time you go to the grocery store and get used to cooking. Buy a rice cooker and start eating brown rice for carbs. They usually come with steam trays now so you can buy your own veggies instead of the frozen shit. It's ok to cheat every now and then (not multiple times per week) and don't beat yourself up when you do cheat(unless see above). Form a healthy relationship with food and when you do you wont feel the guilt of a cheat meal. When you do cheat try to cheat hearty. Something with a lot of protein. Pizza, Burgers etc. Sweets are terrible empty calories.

Relax negro. If he goes on a nazi diet he's going to fall off the wagon and go back to being a land whale. It's ok to cheat as long as he only cheats a couple times a month. Sometimes you just need that shit for your sanity after you've been eating the same god damn thing for a year.

Nobody at the gym gives one single fuck about you. They see people like you all the time. You are not special, or note-worthy. Go to the gym, do what you want, and leave.
NOBODY
CARES

Thank so much man!

I'll track it as such then. As mentioned, I will push for running when my body is ready for it but those machines should get the job done.

Yeah, I've lived a pretty shit life to be honest. So many missed opportunities for girls I wanted to talk to. So many Summer's of staying home because I was too ember asset of going to any carnivals. Afraid of people asking me to join them in rides only to be told I can't fit in. The walk of shame I've felt. It's pretty, I want my depression and suicidal thoughts to go away.

I've finally decided to be a better me. I'm scared because of my anxiety. But I've gone through too much pain to keep living like this.

Anyways. I'm gonna be going now. Thanks for the wisdom everyone!

>carrots

Not gonna make it. So much sugar in your diet it is sickening. Eat LESS fatty fat fat

Thank you! Will do!

carrots are fine, especially compared to what he had before

kill yourself nigger

I don't want to discourage you, but perhaps rather than cleaning up your diet totally, you should work on reducing portion size and make a gradual shift.

It's easy to burn out and lose motivation.

But if you have the will, go for it.

Bro once you lose that weight, you could be big as fuck, eat right, eat less, start small, and most importantly get big, good luck user. I'm proud of you

You want some real advice that you can follow?

Stop with the crash diet food. You are a fat fuck because you like shit food. Eating healthy food will not satisfy you. Not for long. You will fail because you will get tired of eating healthy shit.

So..... use a calorie tracker like my fitness pal. At your weight, even at a 1000 calorie deficit (2 lbs lost/week) you will have a HUGE number of calories. Then eat the same shit you were eating to get fucking enourmous, but fucking EAT LESS OF IT. Never break your calorie budget for the day. Believe me, you won't go hungry.

Do this until you reach a normal person's weight. THEN eat the healthy stuff once your mind has decided food is fuel not fun.

This mostly. Also just go early in the morning or after a out 7pm for a while. Untill you stop being a vagina.

Fucking this. Eat shit but eat less gigantor.

Wow i was 6'3 395, pretty much in the same boat. I have a huge issue with veggies like brocali, theyre extreme horrible tasting when steamed, or microwaved from frozen. I force myself to eay them but the taste always seems rotten. I do everything i can not to throw them up but idk what to do. I love salads and i eat apinach but it always has this Dirt taste, like fried rice with the bean sprouts.
Is there something fucked up with my taste buds?

hey bigguy. What do you do for a living and how are you affording to live alone? I live with my parents and I want to move to a cheaper area and live alone. I don't have much work experience, but I gotta get the fuck outta here.

Stay home and enjoy your life online.what's the point struggling for years and years to get a socially acceptable body and continuing to keep it up for the rest of your life. Just stay home and play games online. So much more rewarding, plus the friends you meet online don't care what you look like. They know your personality first. People irl know your body first and judge you based solely on that.

Your advice is good, but IF we are talking about a BINGE eater... I would actually recommend eating the same/normal portions but spread across the span of 4-6 hours per meal. 500-1k cals depending on your TDEE defecit. Easier to track 2 or 3 meals instead of 4+ small meals and light snacking.

I imagine just cutting out fast food will normalize and lighten your portions anyway.

you can do this, and lose weight, and exercise OP. Exercise is 1-2 hours of your day. After work exercise and a little enjoyable shitposting, you can still enjoy a nutritious meal.

Why workout for 2 hours when you could finish your epic raid and finally get those dual axes you've been wanting

because all MMOs are casual mode and you don't have to grind to win anymore

Ya dude it might seem intimidating going to a gym. But all the fags that go there love a good success story. Keep it up really focus on your diet and know that people are rooting for ya

I'm back! Holy shit my body feels amazing!

Thank everyone for your support! I feel confident in this journey and of what will come of it. Thank you!

I understand that very feeling!

Currently I'm a cell phone salesman, which I highly recommend! It's the easiest way to easily make 50-80k a year! As long as you join a corporate location and a good company you'll make easy money!

On the side I do web development for extra cash. I only take on easy projects that make big money for now. Until I decided to turn it until a full time business. Good luck to you!

wow thats fantastic, thanks man! I will do that right away. Good luck on your journey, I know you're gonna make it.

Someone didnt notice you, butthurt faggot

Wish I could! But I don't personally play video games. I spend most of my time on personal development and reading financial coulombs.

I'm doing this for my health, I've never once been fit and strong. I'm only 23, I want to spend the rest of my 20s working at my peek and my body doesn't allow me to do so. Thanks for the encouragement though.

it's truly not worth it. I spent my teens and twenties playing games. My family doesn't know a thing about me and I have no friends.

>412 pounds
Holy shit

Hey better than where I was two months ago! 435!

Now that I'm back from the gym though, I'm way too excited to go back! This is gonna have its ups and down, but it was time!

Not being a burger or filthy anglo, I really don't understand how a normal person could get to that size.

Depression mostly. It's taken me a long time to grab a handle of it. That's one of them though, too many things to type about.

honestly doesn't look too bad, yeah it's 412 but i think you'll look normal after a year.

i hope that tin barrel is filled with electronics and not crackers

Good on you fat fuck. Keep at it and update with your progress.

I'll just be super happy when day to day things stop becoming extreme sports to me. Like tying my shoe, haha!

But for reals! I can't wait for the next two years! Thanks!

Haha! Yeah it's just filled with wires of all sorts right now!

Someone who was 340 at 5'6, now at 190 in about a year. Just focus on diet first. Don't even bother with trying to exercise. get your eating under control first and foremost. After you get a few months under your belt then hit the gym if you really want.

If you try to do everything all at once you're going to crash and burn.

I was expecting a lard.
Tbh you genuinely don't look bad. You surely have a face. Just do your best. Ganbatte!

Your making the first step man. Diet is very important and while hard at times, will pay off immensely. You can do this user. We're all gonna make it.

fuck you

op, yes bother. to you, noob gains will have a whole different fuckawesome meaning. you can adjust your diet and exercise at the same time, and it will make a fuckton of difference.

the name of the game is patience. already have you covered.

you got this, fatass.

I totally understand! I've gotten my eating habits under control for two months. Forcing myself to only cook. I've learned quite a bit and it's what is motivating to do all of this. I promised myself I wouldn't join a gym until I had hope of keeping the weight off. So I started cooking and here we are. I will be going to the gym 3 times a week for now until I my body feels better and I decided to increase the work load for sure!

Presumably weight loss is your main goal, so I'll just say that 90% of losing weight is diet, NOT exercise.

That said exercise is great. Really try to get your form down, and keep in mind that it only gets easier. Those first couple weeks are the most painful and awkward-feeling it ever gets.

big boy
you are wasting your time with weights

you can sit on your fat ass all day and shed pounds like butter

because DIET is 80%

focus on that before the gym or else the gym is MEANINGLESS

We believe in you, OP. You can do it.

Suck a dick faggot, not lifting during my 5 month diet cut is my biggest regret.

You're right, I believe you! Hence why I'm doing this now that I've started to cook for myself great meals! Thanks for your support!

Gallon of milk a day

You got this!

it's easy to talk big boy. we will see if you can walk the walk in the future

now end this thread because validation is unhealthy for fattys

this really.

fridge at dad's house: junk, junk and more junk
fridge at own house: chicken breast, lo-fat milk

Trust me, I will. There's a lot of things I've been taking care of in my life. My health was next on the list. I didn't come here for motivation, that's something I created in my own. I came here for tips on my first day and forward. But I do appreciate what you have to say whole heartedly. Thanks!

You're welcome big guy! It's also crucial to count your calories so I highly suggest that you do so everyday! I'm prepping for a bodybuilding show so I'm always counting mine and it helps a lot!

Maybe, I just didn't wanted to start later in my cycle. I won't go so hard I put myself out. Thank you!

It's literally calories in, calories out and people are telling this guy to stop eating fastfood and pizza completely.
I just ate two fucking large pizzas from domino's and but just because it's not "clean" doesn't mean it's not nutritious.
Just eat less and workout hard OP.

When I see big guys at the gym I'm happy for them and hopeful that they'll make it.

Once you get into a routine, it becomes hard to NOT go.

We believe in you OP!

COUNT YOUR CALORIES
youre gonna make it bro

Alrighty then, thank you everyone! For reals! I will be reporting back in a couple of months on progress and lurk more to build my fitness trainings as I progress. Thank you bros!

Man I'm really proud of you! I've been a fatty in the past too, I know how hard it is to lose weight. My tips:

>Every time you consider junk food, say to yourself "would I be proud of doing this? Would my mom/gf/best friend etc"
>Every time you fuck up with diet or exercise, realize it's just a mistake and you'll get back on track tomorrow, don't stress
>as you get close to your goal weight, don't freak out about gaining a bit of weight after a day... track it week by week after the first several months (it should go steadily down rn tho)
>surround yourself by people who will encourage you to continue with your journey
>don't stress about the gym. Whenever i see a fatty at the gym, i always am really proud of him and want to compliment him (but don't because that's weird of me lol)
>drink lots of water to make yourself less hungry!

Just wanted to say that I'm proud of you, user that I will never meet.

Pls keep it up and make us proud.

a whole lot of escapism

This exactly. When my gf was living with me, I ballooned up to my heaviest because it was constant junk food and takeout. Once we started living separately for school I started eating super clean because that temptation of junk food wasn't there.

Don't want to be the party pooper... but did you read the sticky? If not, please read the sticky.. If yes, then great.

Your primary focus should b diet. Period! To help with cravings, just drink tons and tons of water and vegetables. Look into taking appetite suppressents if it's unbearable.

Stay away from saucy food, and salad dressings. They are the devil.

Don't loose weight too fast either. It may cause some serious health issues. It's much better to stick to slow, but steady tempo. Focus on steady calorie deficit! I use cron-o-meter nutrition website for keeping track of calories and body metrics. Calorie defecit of 750 per day is giving me steady 1.5 lb weight loss per week. Make breaking down your diet your daily obsession, your main hobby, see it as a game.

this isnt something you do for months or years

you do it for rest of your life

Don't give up man

Fellow recovering fatty here.

Just wanted to say good luck to you, OP. You're gonna make it.

My brother is 6-5 and 425 so he's in the same boat as you. All I have is respect for a person trying to get better.

are you fucking retarded mate? My gf dropped like 30lbs only for switching starchy carbs to carrots!

looks good bro! I hope there stands a big ass glass of water nearby this plate!

Drink like you wanna drink the ocean. Helped me a lot to get over sweet cravings!

Swimming is an extremely low strain on joints, if you can find a gym with a pool do that instead of running.

when that insecurity creeps in, remember that your calve muscles will always be better than everyone else's

This shit makes any plain, boiled vegetables taste fucking delicious

>Just focus on diet first.
Terrible advice. Fast results gives people confidence.

Music it helps a lot with anxiety
At least did the trick for me
Dont give a fuck dont give up enjoy the fucking ride because its a fucking ride
Be strong

Number one thing I can say is: you're gonna make it, user.

You got this user.
Don't give up.
Veeky Forums is here for you.
Also, iktf with mental health issues.
You're doing a good job BigGuy.

Music is my lifeline.

You seem to have a grasp on diet and what/how much to eat. That's good. My advice is to continue with the cardio until you reach a manageable weight like in the 200-300lb range. This is where you should start lifting light in addition to your cardio. Keep it at as long as you can and I hope you make it.

Dude way to go, you'll have a lot more energy and confidence once you start, but the first while at the gym is the hardest. There is a guy at my gym that i assume was about you size, and about 3 months later he is starting to look good, you got this op,i believe in you

Read the sticky.
It's going to be difficult.
Stay positive and have fun.

cook your own veggies. Why bother with frozen shit, doesn't taste good

Keep at it man! Keep updating us with progress, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Holy fuck dude, two months is fantastic dude! That's longer than most of the skinny fats manage to stick to their diet. Keep at it dude, you're gonne make it!

>This media induced body dysmorphia again...
You can literally be healthy and beautiful at any size!
You're perfect the way you are OP! Don't let the shitlords fool you.

Don't worry about what other people think. Even if it seems like they're judging you, there's about a 99% chance that they aren't even paying attention to you to be honest. Keep your meals clean, don't skip cardio, stick with it, and don't ever join a fucking planet fitness.

Jeez dude, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!