Cardio general

>Cardio general

How often do you do cardio, Veeky Forums?

2 rugby training sessions, and 1 rugby game per week.

Is this enough Veeky Forums?

Daily, but that's because I'm a Naval recruit so lifting is on the back burner ATM.

I do about two miles of running three days a week, and maybe cycling one day a week. I've read in numerous places that too much cardio is bad for you, kills your gains, raises cortisol, causes inflammation, and leads to an early grave. So, I do just a bit to keep my stamina up.

So when people say they "ran x miles/minutes" do they mean in total of time spent running or does that include rest/walking periods?

Bike 7-14 km a day and run about 15km a week.

I feel like the kind of cardio that would cause those kinds of side effects is basically running a marathon every day though

after a month of running you shouldnt be walking or resting ever basically

i've been doing too much cardio now i'm fat.

almost none, some pretty length sex though. i need all the cals i've got for gains

30 min + of pyramid intervals on the bike, or 1h of high resistance low intensity on the bike.

A day. Yes, im cutting hard

Erryday

hour a day

Does mowing the yard count?

never as it kills gains, weight lifting pretty much is some cardio anyway

I read somewhere that you could be healthy at every size.

Don't be a fucking moron. You need to do an insane amount of cardio for it to be bad for you. You aren't even close

30 minutes of HIIT on rest days, is this okay?

That's total time you spent going that distance. After a while you don't need to walk.

Lazy fatass detected.

6 days a week
Going to bump it to 12 per week in a month though.

5 times a week, 5-10 miles per time.

Who here /low resting heart rate/. 52 average here

Translation:
> I've been doing some light cardio while on a caloric surplus and no lifting because I'm an idiot

Does anyone else have knee aches after running? Last Friday was the last time I went running and my knee was sort of achey for a few days...I'm gonna go again tonight.

How fast does your 2 mile have to be for that? Just curious. I have a degree in electrical engineering and barely make 40k/year so I'm looking for better options.

atleast im not a dyel faggot

I started a C25K program and run every other day. 1.5 months in and I'm running 5k's with no rest. 1 month was a little early for no rest, but im also 200lbs so it may be a bit atypical for a runner.

More than you

It doesn't kill gains if you eat intelligently and don't do an insane amount of it.
Also, people always want to lift before cardio, so that the cardio doesn't hurt their lifts, but that is wrong. Moderate cardio will have no impact on your lifts. It isn't even the same system. I set my bench PR 30 minutes after a five mile run. Doing cardio after lifting however, will limit the adaptations you make from lifting though. Do light cardio every other day on non leg days and your lifting won't suffer and you will be healthier.

how long does it take you to go that far? what would you say your pace is like?

Twice a week on rest days.
Stationary bike at a moderate pace (15-17 mph)
Gradually increasing the time each week until I can do an hour.

After every work out so 5 times a week.
Stair master Hiit for 100+ floors or 30 minutes steady

Check your form again. Mid-heel strike, lean forward, knees don't go past shoulder, small stride

Nope you're a fat lazy faggot instead who is going to have a heart attack at 33

It is actually a 1.5 mile.
12:00, or 8 minute mile pace for general navy boot camp
It has to 10:30, or 7 minute mile pace if you want to become a SEAL.

That is just to get in the door.
Once you're in boot camp, you will get a good bit faster than that.

Neither of them is really very fast. Mediocre female high school runners do that. You would be surprised how fast you can be with only a month or two of consistent training minimum 4 days a week.

I'm running a 5k in about 27 minutes (8:30 minute miles) My goal is a 24 minute 5k which I should be able to do easily in another month or so.

Good advice. I've been afraid doing pre-workout cardio would eat up my glycogen or something. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Hey Veeky Forums ive been running for some time now but only recently does my balls ache after a run. Is this a serious problem or is is from not stretching enough?

Okay. Thanks for the info.

pls help

Row crew 5 days a week.
Light runs (5km in 21 min) 3 days a week.
Warm up on arc trainer for 10 minutes before weights (5 days a week).

just looked at a youtube video. i'm gonna try that....i supposed a midfoot strike will ease up on the shin splints as well since more of the calf muscle is engaged? That is what the guy is saying....I haven't really had problems with side pain or shin splints but everything helps

wear a jockstrap or briefs?

briefs

>Not just lifting.

It's okay when you get to a boat you'll just have to shoot up some steroids.

DELET THIS THREAD

>HIIT
>30 minutes

What are your guys' proffered running shoes?
I have some nike frees, but they need replacement, and I would prefer something I can sprint for hours on end on.

i used to run 3 times a week, 2 short but faster runs of 7-9 km (30-40 minutes) and than in the weekends a long run 14-22 km. But always a restday between each run, but now because summer is coming i run every day to cut weight faster, but even the short distances become verry slow and painful, that it's also verry warm now doesn't really help either..
How do i transition well to running more often without losing my speed gains?

Swimming 3x week for 1.5-2h currently because i want to get to 8% asap.

2.7 miles (neighborhood is one big circle) in just under 18 min. Do this while wearing elevation training mask set to 12,000ft. Do this 3-5 times a week. 9.5% bf. 6' 180 lbs. Lift on the days between. My rest days still have abs/cardio.

>How often do you do cardio, Veeky Forums?
6 days a week
>semi-pro bicycle road racer

47 resting, I bike 10-20km for commuting/errands. Maybe do an 50km ride on the weekend, not long distance but always go hard and keep 90rpm

Everyday. I don't do it for general health. At least 2-3 miles a day. Doesn't take long. Makes you feel good, keeps your heart strong and dick hard. Don't follow the dumb memes. Do some cardio

I did a ten mile marathon for the first time ever a few weeks ago. Next day, legit lost my ability to walk properly. Took me a week to recover and Im 22.

>10 mile marathon

Lunges for 15min

Brooks/Assics, 140-174 euros, tend to get 1,5 to 2 years out of them with 3 jogs/runs a week. They tend to grind away on the outside of the sole at my heel/ back of the food, while the rest of the rubber under my shoe is still perfectly fine, annyone anny tips?
If i'm light enough, should i than also run on cheaper shoes?

i have multiple pairs that are grinded like this, i already tried to cut of perfectly fine rubber from an older pair and sticking it under the grind spots of my newer pair, but the glue didn't last

Underwear either too tight or not tight enough around the crotch

I've gotten that from both kinds

100 km cycling per week

bike ~8-9km to and from gym 4x/week
bike ~30-35km once or twice per week

Went for a run tonight in the cold. It was about 13C, but the apparently was down to 9

I was just wearing a singlet, t-shirt and shorts. Really, really tough run. Not just because it was annoying, I just had no energy.

Was it a shit run because my body was expending energy to maintain temp?

look at your diet. If your cutting you may not be getting enough calories/carbs to run everyday.

3-4 times a week (everyday if you count biking to work)

Jumping rope master race. I don't have a set time, I just keep going until I can't do it anymore

Run between 20-25miles a week, ruck 6-10 miles on Thursdays. Lift in the afternoons. All at about 7,000ft altitude. Best training I've ever put my body through.

Love being stationed in Colorado.

Why do you wear that bullshit? You realize altitude adaptation takes days of lowered oxygen, not 20 minutes? All you're doing is starving yourself and probably running a lot worse than you could be.

You got this.
I went from 27min 5k in begining of august to 23min by the end of september.
Then got it down to like 21:00 in next months with PR being 20:10 in february.
After that I started training for half marathon (finished one in 1:54:20 last week), but that's another story.

Good luck with your 5k progress!

Usually 3x/week but I haven't ran since May 1st since I ran in a marathon that day.

Trying to calm down on it since I wanna put on weight but want to keep my lean physique. So I long board occasionally. That's my cardio right there.

Wrestling/Sambo 5 days a week.

this is now a /skelly/ thread

my college track season just ended so I have 2 weeks of rest before cross country training starts

summer goals are 70 miles per week, 16:00 5k, and at least one marathon

5 times a week for a total of 20-25 miles. Got inspired to run when my friend was in the middle of his marathon training. I thought I'd hate, but it is kinda fun running in the woods. Got to lose another 30 pounds anyways.

Novice runner here
40-45 km/week over 6-7 days
Feel bad if I take an entire day off so I usually jog at least 2.5k on rest days depending on how fresh my legs are.
Training for a 5k right now. Hoping to hit that sweet sub 20 min. Sitting at 22:30 but I still have 8 weeks. Am I gonna make it brehs?

fuck no waste of time, I'll count my bike riding to school and work which is about 20 minutes a day

that's probably too long man

you'd be better off cutting the time down and increasing your effort level if you're just looking to burn fat and maintain muscle

>10 km run (trying to be under 50 minutes) 2 times a week
>hiking in the Alps 2 times a month

poe's law