SO YOU BE SAYIN *Shits in forest*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crupellarius
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HOL UP
*uses so soap*

SO WHAT YOU ROMAN BOIS BE SAYIN
*charges at legion while wearing no clothes*

the Celts where a lot more advanced then they get credit for.
they invented suspension 2000 years before it was reinvented.

*invents the chainmail that romans later used*
SO U BE SAYING?

AAAAAAYYYYYYOOOOOO
*shouts in random celtic giberish*

DAT WE WUZ
*sets European progress back 1000 years*

HOL UP HOL UP
*sacrifices to the forest gods*

>The earliest example of surviving mail was found in a chieftain's burial located in Ciumești, Romania.[2] Its invention is commonly credited to the Celts,[3] but there are examples of Etruscan pattern mail dating from at least the 4th century BC.[4][5][6] Mail may have been inspired by the much earlier scale armour.[7][8] Mail spread to North Africa, West Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, India, Tibet, South East Asia, and Japan.

Lol, so Etruscans invented it contemporarily, and anyway scale armor was around since the bronze age (Egyptians, Trojans, Myceneans, Hittites and others had it since at least 1500 bc)

>t.

AYYYYYOOO
SO YOU BE SAYIN....
*gets dumb tattoes*

THAT WE WUZ...
*fucks sheep*

FREE N SHIEEET
*wears pants*

Where would you be shitting if you lived in the woods somewhere around the BC's? In the woods you turbo moron.

chainmail is a pleonasm

*uses the first full plate armor*
SO U BE SAYIN

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crupellarius

> Lol, so Etruscans invented it contemporarily,

No.

> and anyway scale armor was around

Scale and mail have nothing to do with each other.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crupellarius

That is not plate armor you imbecile.

Butthurt mick detected

AY AY AY
*gets cool tattoes*

Mail armor was used by Etruscans contemporarily to celts, retard

WE

>famous for having good memory
>forgets how to write

HOL UP
*destroys the "superior" Roman Empire*

Those were the Germanics, Celts were useless savages Caesare wiped the floor with

>eventually preserves the western canon

It certainly isn't "naked" either, imbecile.

*immediately regrets it and tries to LARP as the Romans as much as possible*
SO U BE SAYIN

HOL UP

And then they wiped the floor with the entire western roman empire

Germans, not Celts, retard.

> Mail armor was used by Etruscans contemporarily to celts, retard

Because literally their entire northern border was Celts, and they took it from them, retard.

Celts invented mail.

No, Etruscan mail is older, retard.

Have you seen what these outdated sources are calling mail? It's pic related. What they found doesn't have the interweaving mesh design that celtic mail did and we don't even fucking know what it's purpose was. It's a plate connected to vertical chains that every couple inches are connected together. It doesn't fit the definition or even function of what modern historians consider mail, hence why all the sources referencing it on this lazy wiki page are 50+ years old and really Stone is the only source making the claim that this was indeed a battle-made proto-mail. In that same source he also claims etruscans didn't invent mail either and that the first mail was chain held together with leather loops (from phoenicians I believe).

So please do your homework before you ctrl+v shitty misinformation on this board. I know asking someone to dig deeper than what a single paragraph on a poorly cited wiki on Veeky Forums is unreasonable but this thread deserves better.

>No, Etruscan mail is older, retard.

Nope, and historiography is not even sure the mesh found is even armor for fucks sake.

I'm pretty sure chainmail predates plate armour.

no

>veneti
>celtic trash
>germans

>unable to understand the difference between celts and gauls

Also y-DNA analysis and other genetic anthropological evidence is starting to point more and more to the hardline difference contemporary historians assert between german and gallic tribes is not an accurate depiction.

Why the FUCK would you think this? Plate armor is literally just a plate of metal, mail is incredibly complicated and difficult to make. Plate armor has existed since the Bronze age, mail requires ironworking before you can even try to make some.

This is largely because they kept using chariots for so much longer than elsewhere. A British "Carpentom" was the product of thousands of years of technological refinement, it was better than other chariots in many ways but it didn't drop from the sky fully developed.

Thank you captain obvious for describing 99.9% of technological innovations.

this is the best thread i have ever seen.

The left really can't meme.

>I'm pretty sure
Why do redditors talk like this?

>implying Romans used soap

>armour made out of metal plates, isn't plate armour

Because mail provides less protection in role playing games, so clearly it must be less advanced and therefore invented earlier.

Germanics and Celts aint the same boy

Fucking Roman faggots ruining Celtic civilisation. Oh what we could have had...

YOUZE BE SAYIN
*crafts superior pottery to medshits*

Pure delusion

>*inherits rome

Heh...Nothin personnel...infidels...

t. Poolish toilet cleaner
Veneti are a celtic tribe, even theitr descent(Vannetais) speak a Cetic language

No evidence for it, sweety. They swallowed chunks of Celts at best, when they expanded from Poland in all directions, but at the same time they left a lot of Slavic-like toponyms all over Europe.

>No evidence for it
Gaulish inscriptions were found on their territory, i'm talking about the Veneti of Gaul btw

Hmm yes, I've read quite a few Asterix comics myself as well...

The latest(4th century AD) Gaulish inscription was found there, Piotr

it is know as the Stèle of Plumergat

You mean Veneti of Gaul that founded "Brest", that can be found all over Europe and has Slavic toponym origin?

Brest is located on the territory of the Osismii not of the Veneti

And "Brest" is a Breton name for Gesocribate

Are slavs the wewuzzers of europe?

Vistula Veneti were Slavic.

Yes

Germanic*