Can we have a sports thread? Do you guys play any sports? Or just pick things up?

Can we have a sports thread? Do you guys play any sports? Or just pick things up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bc-0lFV1KWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5Yve__nH0fY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 someone post girl sports like basketcucks

Soccer master race here, come at me kicking some ass

Synchronized swimming whaddup

Muay Thai here. Cutting down for my first fight.

oh shit waddup

Discus and hammer thrower. Getting my last bits of training in before I cool down for the Olympic trials. I am so stoked since this has been a dream of mine for so many years. I probably won't make the team but just competing against this caliber of athletes makes me giddy as fuck.

That's actually pretty cool, hope you do well so you can go and fuck every girl in sight in rio

Rugby Union master race, no.8

Thanks dude. The winners for discus are pretty much set in stone right now; one is a college senior who has the furthest throw in the world this season and the other was last year's national champion, but who knows what can happen!

that is cool man, what country?

Soccer master race what's up

Good Ole US of A. If you bother to watch you'll probably see me [spoiler]but obviously I can't say who I am cause my sponsor would kill me for posting on here[/spoiler].

what are your stats?

seriosuly considering joining my unis team when I transfer, just hoping I won't get my shit pushed in.

I'm 5'10" 165, trying to get to 180 by September

Hockey here, it's hard to bulk and train for hockey cause it's a lot of cardio

The only real sport, Rugby League. Played 12 years as a prop and now just recently moved to lock.

Not him but I played rugby in uni. These were my stats my senior year and I was by far the biggest guy on the team.
>Squat - 405lbs
>Deadlift - 515lbs
>Bench - 285lbs
>OHP - 175lbs
>Clean and Jerk - 305lbs

I recommend you start doing power cleans since being explosive is far more important than being strong.

just fuck my shit up, your bench is my squat

did you learn c&j by yourself or with a coach? I've been avoiding oly lifts since they're so technical I'm scared of going on a prolonged visit to snap city

I like paintball because I can run around and shoot people. Also I'm an extreme adrenaline addict so that helps

I play hockey for UCLA. Right-winger. Checking is allowed and most guys are like 6'0 180lb+. Meanwhile, I'm 5'11 and 140lb but easily the fastest skater on my team.

Bench - 145
Squat - 160
DL - 175
- for reps.

Pretty tiny guy but whatever

You can learn without a coach, just do not go heavy until you get confirmation that your form is on point. I highly recommend Team USA's video on the Clean and Jerk as it breaks everything down very well. Start off with just the barbell and follow what they do to the letter. If you can, record yourself and post a video in /owg/ as the guys there will be more than happy to give you advice.

Dyel? Holy shit

Hardly. I only lift 3 times a week and I play/practice hockey 3 times a week as well. I'd probably be a lot bigger if I just ate more but I'm absolutely terrible at planning my meals. Im in uni, play a sport, have a girlfriend, and work 20-30 hours a week.

The only way to gain would be to meal prep but I've been too lazy.

this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc-0lFV1KWQ

Yeah that's the one. The guy explains it very well and it is one of the few videos on the lift that aren't full of shit advice and bad form.

cool
any other tips?

Soccer is a girl sport, m8

Just lift and eat man. And always put your Oly lifts first if you decide to do them. You'll hurt yourself if you try to do something technical like that after a heavy sets of squat and bench.

Frenchfag practicing Savate here. We also mix in kick-boxing because there's more competitions for it but Savate is cooler.

inb4 rich white boi

Lacrosse is a pretty fun sport where if you're muscular you can plow through any lanky kids that try to play defense.

ayy LG alum here wassup pussy

Poor, brown manlet sport

I always wanted to try out lacross, seems like fun

Ice hockey masterrace. None of that poor peasant manlet shit for me thx. Its fast, its fun and its manly what more do you want?

Ice kendo a shit.

football (soccer for you Murricans) with firends sometimes.

Started kickboxing but only for fun, not for sport.

Ice hockey is the best sport for Veeky Forums, really. Hockey players basically just barbell train outside of play.

Ice hockey, field hockey and Australian Rules Football here.

Let's just say I'm busy as fuck most days.

Mate I haven't done any max lift stuff for a while, doing 4x8 and some power/sprint stuff
6ft2, 90kg
Dead 170kg
Bench 100kg
Squat 120kg
Also, t bar 100kg just cos I fucking love the t bar

Football at a D1 college, 6'3 245lbs playing tight end. My lifts aren't great compared to some of my teammates desu

Anybody else here row crew?
I do 6 man sculling and 2 man sculling. It's a lot of fun, working with a team is great, it's good cardio, it gives a decent back, bicep, rear delt and forearm pump. It's my sport now that I'm a bit older, along with bodybuilding, because it's low risk, it's not hard on my body, and I can continue to be competitive in it for another decade or more.

i started rugby again and im stoked as hell, especially since its full contact and ive really only ever played touch before. i just started going to one of the teams open practices and havent done a match with them but hopefully thatll come soon enough.

in the meantime, how should i switch up my workouts to be better at the sport? how do i make myself faster?

Ice hockey is my old sport. Awesome, fast paced, hard going, great for cardio and lower body strength. I wouldn't say it produces great physiques though. I played for my province about 9 years ago (I'm 27) and none of the guys had great physiques or were really strong at lifting weights.

In his prime.

Ice hockey man. Top 3 toughest sports I'd say, plus we get legs like a motherfucker

Jesus you're soft

It does for pro hockey players, but they also lift.

I played lacrosse in college. We were ranked 4th in the nation at one point (d3) and beat a couple d1 and d2 teams during fall scrimmages.

Autocrossing is a sport, r-right?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Yve__nH0fY

I did, then when I got near, you fell to the ground pretending to be hurt