If he was alive until the 20th century, would he prevent Germany from entering ww1?

If he was alive until the 20th century, would he prevent Germany from entering ww1?

no

>mr. I need bismark to tell me what to do
No

Perhaps he would've pussied out of the conflict?

Bismarck would have died before he did if the doctors knew what they were doing

Not possible with Britain on the map.

Are you saying Britain would declare war on Germany for no reason?

He's saying that Friedrich III was an anglophile and would not have engaged in the naval arms race that destroyed Anglo-German relations.

Keep in mind that Prussia and Great Britain were allies for much of the 19th century, until Wille burnt that bridge.

>Germanglo naval race

That started during the first kaiser's reign.
No idea how it destroyed relationships.

No actually I'm saying that Britain was hellbent on destroying a unified Germany.

Not for no reason though but to get rid of the competition.

>No idea how it destroyed relationships.
>hmmm why might the worlds largest naval power be worried that one of the worlds largest land powers is now trying to develop one of the worlds largest navies

Well I misread that.

If Britain was hell bent on destroying a unified Germany, they would have intervened in the Franco Prussian war.

Britain is perfectly fine with a united Germany that's focused on being a land power to counterbalance Russia. Britain is not fine with a united Germany that want's to challenge it on the seas.

You literally said that Wilhelm 2 destroyed relationships for building a powerful navy.

Even though it was his grandfather who did that and he didn't destroy relationships with Britain

At that point Germany hadn't surpassed Britain's economy yet. Just look at the development of steel production for both countries from the 1870s to the beginning of WW1

What's the point of getting rid of a competing empire when it just causes you to lose your empire in the process? At least the Germans looked up to the Anglos and would have given them a privileged spot in the new world order, the Americans, Russians, and Chinese don't give a fuck.

I don't think they saw that coming.

His son was poised to take the reins from him until Willie deposed them

I don't know anything about Bismarck's son

The US surpassed the British economy before even the Germans did. In 1890, the US produced 9.3 million tons of steel, vs 8 for the British and 4 for the Germans.

Instead of deteriorating relations, US and British relations went through the great rapprochement and ended the serious possibility of war between the US and Britain.

That's because Britain could never hope to destroy America in the same way that they could Germany

Fuck off Willy