Low bar squat is an ego lift that involves less muscle than a high bar squat or front squat...

Low bar squat is an ego lift that involves less muscle than a high bar squat or front squat. It does not use more glutes and hamstring as some people claim, all it does is use more lower back. When you are completely upright like in a front squat your legs need to support your entire bodyweight. By leaning forward you are putting less of your torso weight on your legs. Your torso only needs to lift the barbell thus you'll be able to squat more weight the more forward lean you have.

Low bar squat is just a goodmorning and squat hybrid. It uses less muscle mass, puts way more strain on the lower back and is more dangerous. And no, just because you use more weight doesen't mean you involve more muscle mass. By that logic a deadlift would build more muscle than a squat. In deadlift you have even more forward lean. A deadlift is almost purely a back exercise and barely ivolve any lower body at all.

You can obviously still build your lower body with this exercise, but it is sub optimal and way more dangerous. Its not the best option. It's actually just a huge troll. No reason whatsoever to do this exercise unless you are a powerlifter or want to feed your ego.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=kAZi2qtLMYE
youtube.com/watch?v=mmM-jR77SkY
youtube.com/watch?v=mMT9uRaMTgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your pic is of bad form.

don't get autistic about this particular lift. low bar squats have their place. high bar squats have their place. no, high bar squats are not "better" than low bar squats, any more than bench presses are "better" than floor presses. they each have their place.

what a fucking pathetic thread.

>A deadlift is almost purely a back exercise and barely ivolve any lower body at all.
oh lord

obvious troll thread is obvious

Sure is summer in here.

>gets btfo
>"s-summerfags h-heh"

Pic is normal form for someone with long femurs.

Low bar squat involves more mass i.e. hamstrings, that's why you can lift more weight.

while the back angle isn't necessarily bad, there are still errors in her form. her femurs are pointing inwards rather than tracking over her knees. that puts uneccessary strain on the feet and knees, thus it is bad form.

>And no, just because you use more weight doesen't mean you involve more muscle mass.

So magic is what makes that extra weight come up?

only dogshit lowbar has such a horizontal back angle

just do which ever is more comfortable and gives you the better range of motion with the better form. It don't matter.

>just do which ever is more comfortable and gives you the better range of motion with the better form. It don't matter.

this

>low bar+front squat mustard face reporting in

totally depends on body proportions.

that is highbar

Just lift with good form and do whatever is comfortable. The point is to go as heavy as you can not heavier than the guy next to you.

You shouldn't be thinking

>hurr that guy may do 4pl8 low bar for reps but at least I high bar ATG 3.5pl8 for reps

You should be thinking
>what can I do to improve my squat

>belt
>wraps
>shoes

all for what, 3pl8 and change?

KEK

You CAN lean further forward in a low bar squat. All you have to do is... NOT do that.

>ITT fat lowbar cucks getting B T F O

B
T
F
O

Oly high bar masterrace reporting in

Post your squat big boy.

>ITT twink oly cucks BTFO

I'd love to see ANY 83kg wler bench 205kg and deadlift 320kg easy

>literally posted something someone made on paint as legitimate evidence and source

you seemed to have messed up a bit m8 :^)

>being this new
Cringe.

>"Oh you're doing low bar squats with 405lbs or as us weightlifters call it, Good Mornings with 180kg?" My high bar squat with 60kg is much more impressive as I actually go through the full ROM as was intended. And in no way am I dyel, I just have honor. Something these fat powerlifters will never understand.

>Veeky Forums will fall for this bait
>Veeky Forums will honestly believe the lowbar squat and deadlift are ego lifts
Why do I come here anymore

The only guesswork that should go into choosing lowbar vs. highbar is body proportions and whichever one feels better. They both work almost the exact same muscle except the lowbar squat hits your posterior chain a little bit harder.
Please do not fall for the "fat powershitter squats" meme, do whichever feels better for your proportions.
The same applies to sumo versus conventional deadlift.

>snatch
>powerlifting

>leaning forward takes weight off your legs and puts it on your torso

Soo does your torso just float in the air then?

thatsthejoke.jpg

Uses more hips and gloootz. Which is good. Dl then squat then I don't need any accessories to grow my legs. Mad?

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw&feature=youtu.be

You realize that the best 77kg lifters are cleaning 200+ kgs? You really don't think they could smoke a 350 knee wrapped low bar squat and 350ish DL?

No I don't

>brb squatting 275 HBBS with shit Eleiko belt and knee sleeves lmao

I said nothing about the squat, m8.

I said I'd love to see any 77er or 85er or whatever the wl class is bench 205+ or diddly 320+ with IPF a proved form

youtube.com/watch?v=kAZi2qtLMYE

barely missed 300 high bar

hits 280 easily

youtube.com/watch?v=mmM-jR77SkY

>low bar adds 50lbs if you can do it correctly
>knee wraps add 50-100lbs if wrapped correctly

The only people I see do lowbar are fatties and SJWs. Everyone aesthetic does highbar, front squat, or don't squat at all. Plenty of them just do leg press and lunge for legs.

no it's not, you can clearly see it's on his rear delts. he just has a very upright stance for low bar

youtube.com/watch?v=mMT9uRaMTgY

>SJWs do lowbar

haha cool new meme :^)

tfw Lu Xiaojun squats more than that HBBS
tfw probably good for 180 bench if he trained it
tfw he's 18lbs lighter...lmao

yeah Lu is a freak who was selected as a child to be a weightlifter and has been training his entire life with the support of the Chinese government. no shit he's strong

This 100%

but oly doesnt bench and they can easily pull 320

To be honest I fell for the atg meme and now my TFL has been hurting like fuck for a week.

>I don't have an ego but my beltless ay tee gee highbar squats are better than yours

no he doesnt . his last squat max is like 600 pounds

I have shit proportions for high bar, but low bar feels like my spine is going to explode no matter how I brace.

Damn right, they're better than yours'.

>Wraps
We're not talking about equipped powerlifting you know. Unless you're talking about wrist wraps but they don't add any kgs.

/fig. I gave a question about my squat form, are my knees ever supposed to further forward than my toes? A buddy of mine who I lift with apparently has really good form and according to him my form isn't good because of how far out my knees are. How do I fix this? Is it because of my shoes? I currently wear basketball shoes bit I'll pick up some flat converse shoes if they help

As long as your heels are staying down and your knees stay in line with your toes, how far forward your knees come generally isn't going to matter.

>What can I do to improve my squat
SS+GOMAD

In line you mean pointing in the same direction? I have no problem with that or breaking parallel but I don't want visit snap city as I just started SL 5x5