I'm a novice lifter and started doing stronglifts 5x5 with only the olympic bar and I dont feel that tired/sore...

I'm a novice lifter and started doing stronglifts 5x5 with only the olympic bar and I dont feel that tired/sore? Even after squats, I feel nothing. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

he'res your you

being alive

Have you tried upping it you retard?

it's been a week

Then up it more?

Strong Lifts says to increase weight each session.

Don't listen to em op. Don't up the weight. Just keep increasing the reps indefinitely, forever. If you aren't doing 5x100, why even go to the gym?

but I'm 5'10 and 135 pounds im so skinny

You're gonna be sore by week 3. Keep it up

As long as you keep adding weight, you will hit your tired/plateau level eventually.

Just starting with the bar is a meme. Decent starting points are 100 ohp 200 bench and row 300 squat and 400 deadlift. Do those and if you can do more than 10 reps, then add 10 pounds until you can't.

Maybe for thr next few sessions, add weight in increments of 10lbs or maybe even a little bit more. Go back to regular slow + steady progression once you're past lmao1plate squat. Does stronglifts really start you out on just the bar?

Not OP here, but similar problem. Lifting for 4 months, numbers are
65kg Bench
30kg OHP
100kg Squat
I don't deadlift much since I injured my back but 90kg is what I do when I do
After an hour in the gym I'm about ready to die, but 10 minutes out the door I feel like I could go again. I am supposed to feel this recovered so quickly?

Switch to greyskull. Spend a full session working on just form. Once you think you can do it without snapping your back spend a session trying to figure out what feels heavy enough to make you sore, but light enough to wear you won't come close to failing. use that weight to start. even if its off by a little bit you'll save a couple weeks of just using the bar and a tiny bit of weight which is fucking retarded. speaking of retarded, stronglifts 5x5 is retarded. don't do it.

thats not recovered. if you think it is go back and do your next workout right then and there. see how recovered you really are.

This is stupid no 135 pound newb is going to be able to start at those numbers

Aren't you supposed to find your max and then cut it by a percentage to start?

Do you even know your max? My FWB started memelifts and she was squatting 50lbs and moving up from there. Kept asking why she felt like nothing was happening. Took her to the gym and found out her max was 160. Dropped her down to 100 and now she's seeing progress. I can't imagine anyone is so weak they start with the bar.

>You're gonna be sore by week 3. Keep it up
yeah except for deadlifts where its 25 on each side and barbell rows where its 10 on each side

>Do you even know your max?
nah how do i find it

max out genius

will i get hurt

Yeah maybe. just try really hard not to and you probably wont'

>put 5 lbs on each side
>lift
>put 10 lbs on each side
>lift
>put 25 lbs on each side
>lift
>move up from there in 5 to 10 lb increments

It's gonna be really slow and boring and unfulfilling to do memelifts starting at such low weight. I did it for a while when I first started and stupidly started out at what the app suggested and progressions were really slow and lame, especially on the every other time lifts (deadlifts especially).

You won't hurt yourself if you add weight each time and lift. You will just get to a weight that you cannot lift. The one before that was your max.

You up your body weight, you skinny fuck.
Eat more, Faggot.

I mean pounds, not kg

SADBOYZ

How much do you weight fatty?

Just do a 6 day a week bi, ab, and calf split. In the end it's all people care about anyway.

yh, maybe if you have been a fatass fatass all your life, then those numbers don't seem bad for a starter. But for a 135 #'er that's ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned, you start with an empty bar to warm up then try to hit your 1RM and then you figure out your starting point to increase by 5lbs each week. Don't ask how you find your workin set, can't remember and couldn't be arsed to look it up...

The reason 5x5 is made by a complete and utter retard is the fact that you start each lift with just the bar and add the weight by small increments

Do a program made by a professional next time