How does fit feel about skateboarding?

How does fit feel about skateboarding?

juvenile

do what you like doing

The activity itself is fine. The culture around it is mostly degeneracy.

Have fun closing your growth plates.
Skateboarding should literally be classified as a program that creates manlets.

>degeneracy
In the sense of the culture of not giving a fuck attitude or just shredding all over public property

What is /r9k/'s obsession with that word? I just don't get it.

Okay

There is only one acceptable form of skating

kids do it and men who want to be kids do it. Kids respect you and pretty much no one else.

It's more of a /pol/ word. I found myself using it more after I formed the habit of sifting through a couple threads every now and then.

Urban transportation, distraction, childish, like running in a rat wheel.

Do you think it's a good form of exercise?

I don't see how it's in any way better than activities intended for humans, like running or swimming.

you sound like an immense condescending cunt, man

What are you, 12? Take it to .

It's a meme you dip

did it, saved up to buy a nie board, got it stolen 2 weeks after

shit it even had dem bones bearings man

It's for manchildren

Not that guy, but it's not that crazy to tell somebody to take a meme to /b/.

I skateboard OP

Of course people who don't skate are gonna give you answers such as 'degenate' and 'lol manchildren' probably similar to the way skateboards view people who bmx and use scooters, which is they don't understand shit and can't really discuss it unless they've tried it.

You know people who watch BJJ and think it's just dudes humping, or power lifting as just people lifting....Right?

I personally love it, in fact, all my mobility and lifting are for improvements in skateboarding, that's why I lift.

Mentality it's extremely challenging, learning new tricks takes hundreds of hours, i.e it it taught me not to give up if you fail. Fail something 100's of times then achieve that thing is a great way to increase mental toughness.

Increases your ability to take pain. Besides fighters, I can't think of many sports that take as much damage as skaters, this lowers your threshold, and also helps you face your fears, test your limits.

Great cardio too of course. If you wanna look great though you might wanna work on your upper body.

This is the superior skating.

I hate skaters and skating. If they did it in the designated skate parks like they're legally required to then I wouldn't give a shit, but they rarely do. Usually it's a bunch of skinnyfat teens and manchildrenin the street or sidewalk, endangering others and destroying property so they can do stupid looking tricks. It's even worse when they have a camera worth more than my car to film their lame stunts for their whole five subscribers on YouTube. The height of faggotry and public nuisance.

>inb4 assblasted skater whines the skate park was closed or is too far

So fucking what? If my gym closed I'd be bummed, but I wouldn't take my bar and a stack of pl8s to a busy sidewalk and start deadlifting I'm the middle of it with my buddies.

Where do you skate?

Skateboarding is an urban sport, equating doing lifts in the middle of the street isn't a useful analogy, they're attempting to manipulate and control different aspect of their environment through performing different tricks of varying difficulties, maybe if you were doing some awesome gymnastics, various flips and spins with you buddies instead of lifting the weights people probably stop and watch, hell maybe you'll even film it and start a crew.

Parkor, Climbing and roller bladers all do the same thing. Parks are great and all, but managing to do something rad on something that wasn't artificially constructed for that purpose (i.e sk8parks) is a very rewarding and satisfying feeling.

Yes the culture can be lame, and there are skateboarders who I wouldn't wanna hang out with, but isn't that in any sport?

I'm live in a pretty small country in Euro, so not a huge skate culture, just a few parks and a few spots, quiet a night for it. But gotten good enough that I've gone too a few countries messing over this sport I hold dearly.

Maybe this is why I'm 5'6"

Used to do it, was hit by cars twice.
And slammed into a garbage truck on my rollerblades.
Other than that it was pretty fucking enjoyable.

>Buy a skateboard
>Cost me 200 dollars because dollar based on oil
>Go out for the first time
>This will be awesome!
>Slip off
>Elbow really hurts, but no pain no gain
>Continue to try and skate
>Begin to cry in pain
>Elbow slowly becomes unresponsive
>Go to hospital
>Fractured Elbow

And that's how my skateboarding journey went

It's an artefact of early 20th century pseudoscience. Gained traction in various flavors of fascist thought, and has recently enjoyed a resurgence among neoreactionaries and /pol/ types – most of whom are unaware of its origins, and think that it makes them sound badass rather than simply uninformed. Unironic references to "degeneracy" are the political equivalent of expressing a sincere belief in astrology or young earth creationism.

good answer. I used to skate actively 15 years ago, now I'm 37, and I feel so fucking clumsy with the board that it mostly just saddens me. I now started to skate with 5yo son and would like to relive my skating years through him.

As a former skateboarder, no, it's not a particularly great form of exercise (primarily because it's hard to do a high enough intensity over a long enough period to make it worthwhile). If you were pushing hard in circles around a track for half an hour, maybe, but that's not what skating is for – not to mention the ridiculous asymmetry that you'd develop. You can get tired, sure, but you won't drive the same benefit that you'd get from a long run or swim.

Have fun with skating, but don't mistake it for a serious workout.

Fancy Lad? I lift and skate bro, ultimate cardio.

It's fun, fuck what other people think. It is a good cardio workout if you really get into tricks, otherwise nah. Don't sketch up personal property, not cool.

It's mostly that skateboarders are a bunch of self-important retards. There are some good people that skate, but that's mostly been my experience.

It's awesome. It's a sport, an art form, a way of staying in shape and an endless source of fun.

The only thing that sucks is it gets tougher and tougher the taller and heavier you are. You do see some amazing lanklet skaters--including the legendary Tony Hawk--but it's tough when you're tall AND muscular. But I've long since accepted the fact that I don't have to be good at something in order to enjoy it. Still, it would be nice having a slightly lower center of gravity. I remember being 15 and thinking "Fuck! I'd give anything to not be 6'2" and then I grew another 3 inches. Oh well. What's life without a challenge?

>dat bro science
Citation needed. Skating was my life growing up. I'm 6'5 now, the tallest guy in my family. So I'm inclined to call bullshit on this.