Why was the global conflict from 1939-1945 called "world war two?"

Since when did we start numbering wars like this, there's no "Boer War Two," "Crusade Two," or "Italian War of Independence 2." I rarely hear it called this in British sources (they mostly use "Second World War,") so is it just American Autism?

>"Crusade Two,"
yes there is dumbass

>so is it just American Autism?
No, you're the one who was autistic enough to make sure a dumb thread

It's referred to as the Second Crusade though., there was also a "Second Boer War," and a "Second Italian War of Independence." The point was not that wars didn't have reused names until the twentieth century you retard.

What's the difference between Second World War and World War 2?

adding the number after the name of the war seems weird when applied to other names of wars.

>autistic
>dumb
ohohohohohohoh

>Referring to it as a second conflict
>Not acknowledging it as the final part of the Second Thirty Years War

$2

World War 2: The Reichening

Its an American thing, seems to take after how they number sequel movies. Got used enough it doesnt sound weird anymore.

Also WW2 is the Michael Bay film of wars, so using film terminology isnt that out there.

1914-1945 The Long War
1946-2019 The Long Peace
2020-2025 The Final Showdown

Always thought this was dumb. Makes one of the bloodiest wars in history sound like a bad hollywood action movie.

It kinda is a action movie
WW1 was a kino classic that normies don't care about
WW2 was a GOAT classic that influenced everything aftwr it
Now we wait for the end

It's poetic liberty.

A world war is not just a conflict among some people but a chapter in our collective memory and history. So they say World War One and World War Two as they are milestones. It's very fitting.

1st, 2nd, 3rd punic wars

>there's no "Crusade Two,"

niggas, what I meant was that such events are not called, "Punic War 2" or "Crusade 2" even though they had a similar event precede them. I was simply referring to how they are named.

Why are people in this board So retarded

In other languages we say first world war and second world war. Only you clapistanis say World War one and World War two

>he refers to the Great Patriotic War as "Wurld Wurr Too"

That just reminded me how weird the English language is.
Why do they write it 'penis' but pronounce it 'piinis'?

World War 2 makes it sound like a movie sequel.