That guy who keeps his ass above knee level in squat

>that guy who keeps his ass above knee level in squat

You don't do this, right Veeky Forums?

I imagine going any lower would be bad on the knees.

Bait.jpg

>le epic troll xD

This is why sports science isnt based on your imagination.

Literally every study done on th subject clearly show quarter squats put the most stress on your knees, and full squats put the least stress on your knees.

What if he wants to get stronger primarily in that ROM? A 3/4 explosive squat would benefit jump height better than a full squat. Not only that, if he gets stronger in a 3/4 squat, his full squat is also getting stronger, albeit not to the same extent. I don't see the problem at all.

I've always felt that getting parallel isn't quite enough, so I've added front squats to my routine to get some depth

His knees would explode though

Probably not. I wouldn't do it if there was a known knee issue or similar, but harder on your knees != always bad for your knees.

Fuck you, Veeky Forums. I know it's funny to give bad advice, but someone might take you serious and severely hurt themselves.
This is literally worse than the guide for making crystals.

Don't go lower than pic related. Any lower than 90° will destroy your knees.

I've never seen so much Broscience in one post before.

Kill yourself. There was literally just a big study released that talked about knee angle during a squat and stress. Low and behold, atg and 90 produced less stress than quarter squats.

>Talks about a study
>Doesn't link it
I've seen better trolls.

Not sure if b8 or momscience retard.

Google exists, you uneducated faggot

Please be bait you can not be this fucking retarded

Broscience or bait? I can't tell

>wanting to get stronger in the easiest part of the ROM

Unacceptable

Half repping is cheating because it is easier, not harder.

If he was only doing half rom on a press that would make sense.

Or only doing the bottom rom of the squat (going from atg to parallel and back)

But strengthening the strongest (by far) part of the rom is retardation

it's so hard to put up serious weight when you go a2g. What are the sites like symmetricstrength.co basing their numbers on. I can hit their intermediate numbers with a parallel squat, but no way with an a2g squat.

90 is generally the standard by which major studies and strength comparison things are done.

If you do a true atg squat, you should probably look at the front squat standards. (Or somewhere between front and back)

Just stop. Nobody is going to fall for it. You just need to use your brain to realize that it's absolute bullshit.

How can lower squats be healthier if you literally go through the same points? Except, you go even further and put your knee under more strain.

It's completey a matter of wear your muscles and ligaments are when you bring all the weight to a full stop. When your knees are in a full squat position, your whole posterior chain bears some of that load, and you're knees handle the force in a non-damaging way. If you stop at a quarter, you're straining your knees

Imagine you're bowling with a 50 lb ball, and after a full back swing and push forward you try to stop it dead at your side, not letting it swing through the full range of motion. That would hurt your shoulder a shitload, even though it's going "thorugh the same points"

Force = mass x acceleration

In the squat, peak acceleration occurs when you change direction and begin the concentric portion of the rep. Greater acceleration = greater force = greater moment (torque) created about your joints.

When doing half-squats, it's basically a knee extension exercise (there is very little hip involvement). That means you are putting nearly all of the torque on your knees, resulting in a more harmful exercise.