What whey protein you guys use? Pros; cons? Is it good value? Why do you like it? Considering getting this. Thoughts...

What whey protein you guys use? Pros; cons? Is it good value? Why do you like it? Considering getting this. Thoughts? Opinions? P.S. not shilling.

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/protein
labdoor.com/review/body-fortress-whey-protein
twitter.com/AnonBabble

COOL ANOTHER ON SHILL THREAD HAVE FUN

Didn't even realize it's ON brand. The macros looked fine and not too terrible of a price. Sorry, didn't mean to shill.

Dude, it's protein. Just pick the cheapest one and get it. I buy Walmart brand and it's like $25 for a giant container.

It's not like you're buying an expensive car.

Hybrid, cheap and god tier taste

pros:
>it's cheep
>tastes good (chocolate anyway)
>mixes well
cons:
>relatively low protein, only 70% so only 21 grams per scoop

None. Not because some "actual food" meme but because it's expensive enough in my country to justify it.

I used OP pic because of the price and macros and quality

Now I use Muscle Milk 100% Whey for the same reason, 6lb for $45 at costco ftw

How much protein powder do you guys manage to use in about a month? I'm looking to buy some, and I'd like at least a month's worth.

>What whey protein you guys use?
MP atm.
>Pros; cons?
+price per g protein
+taste
-ziplock bags instead of tubs
-hard to import to Greece because capital controls
>Is it good value?
Yes.
>Why do you like it?
Pros outweigh cons. See above.
>Considering getting this. Thoughts? Opinions?
Overpriced. Don't buy.
Protein is protein, amino acids are amino acids and whey is whey, so it will be the same amino acid profile (ratio of amino acids to total protein content) between each whey brand.
This means that is is perfectly ok to choose between brands judging by price (per protein weight) and taste, as long as the health regulations are met. Don't fall for fancy advertising. Do some market research.
>P.S. not shilling.
Sure you aren't

protein is protein. get it as cheaply as you can for as high protein content to other macro ratio as you can. Myprotein masterrace

Im using vanilla flavor and its pretty good i mix it with skim milk, been thinking of getting On Whey Isolate for extra protein

ON is expensive here but tastes really good (chocolate peanut butter here, heard extreme milk chocolate was the best tho) and it has a good reputation.

>nth ON shill thread
>every time what actually happens is that the cheaper brands get a lot more exposure:
>better price per gram of protein
>better reviews from independent labs
If you are a beginner and paying more that 16€/kg you are doing something very very wrong anons

Rocky Road is in fact the best, end of discussion.

Is pic related decent? Picked it up on a whim at Walmart today and haven't used it yet

I used to buy ON. flavors are really good but the price just isn't worth it. Why pay $50+ for 5lbs when i can get 11 lbs of the SAME SHIT for like $60 from myprotein?

pic related, 45 bucks for 5lbs at Costco and so yummy

Kaizen.

Don't get on. It is overpriced as fuck.

Ehh extreme milk chocolate taste like a more sweeter verision of double rich chocolate.

This

2kg for $35 at chemist warehouse

Because irs cheap

Gainers are worse than cancer

Nice dubs tho

So I take it all the companies are aware about Veeky Forums and come to shill regularly?

this, myprotein, bulkpowders etc is just the best option.
non of that annoying bodybuilding marketing too, you get what you pay for

Nutrabio.

Cons:
>purest isolate there is
>mixes very well
>flavor is not overwhelming
>works like a charm

Pros:
>expensive
>really expensive
>really fucking expensive

put on 10 clean pounds this year, not the fastest progress but it's coming along. just hit 171x5 kg squat

I don't see the problem with it, can you explain? If it's the high carbohydrate content i'm 20 with a fucked metabolism and need to balance it out.

Gainers are actully full of sugar and low quality carbs plus they put a lot of non essential bullshit in them that they don't tell you about.

Doing your own weight gainer at home is better ,just buy protein powder and instant oats powder they sell it on myprotein.com it's very cheap also , you could add some peanut butter too.
And it's better than the shit they sell you.

BSN Syntha-6

Serious Mass. 12 pounds, $45.

It's like the same price but i have to pay for shipping with the impact stuff, i'll look into it though thanks.

Allergic to peanuts and basically everything

At least you are sure of the ingredients you are using in making it , no added bullshit , no sugar.
Only quality carbs .

I use ON myself (2. scoops/day) and have tried a bunch of flavors that I always mix with milk. My top 3 are banana strawberry, key lime pie, and banana (which is awesome mixedbwith chocolate malt or coffee).

>2. scoops/day
CMON

Is this a meme or should I really up it to 4 scoops nowregardless of my current weight and height?

Are you retarded? Just get 1,5g of protein/kg bw mass daily and you're fine.

2 scoops of this every day for the last 15 months. Not even memeing.

That sounds literally retarded. It would make a lit more sense mathematically/biologically to go with scoops/(weight:height) or maybe scoops/(goal-weight:height).

Really? You're not memeing even a little bit?

Starwberry ON is so good.

It's pretty much the gold standard for protein powder.

>thoughts
It has a gold scoop OP probably because it's the gold standard

This was half-off at my local grocery store. Otherwise I would just get the Now Foods stuff.

Always unflavored.

Bulk Supplements on Amazon

Bought this today

Is this any good?

>OMG Gluten
>OMG Trans Fat

I'm currently working my way through some no-brand protein powder I found online. At 16 euros for 2,5 kg I couldn't pass it up, but sadly it was a one-time only deal.

I'll probably switch to MyProtein or Bulkpowders once I empty this tub.

>whey protein

>macros looked fine

its 80% protein and 20% filler

I use gold standard. I'm currently using double rich chocolate. It's the best flavor I've tried yet.

six star. i'm poor as fuck

This. Will never stray from double rich chocolate again

>true natty

I used many brands are different flavours during the last years. The best tasting one was Weider whey with coconut flavour. It's expensive as hell so I don't buy it.

Gold standard is pretty good. ESN is also OK.

Optimal nutrition is usually very sweet.

>Tropical Punch
>tfw I bought strawberry banana 5lbs and it tastes like pepto bismol

I have like a half container of this above my fridge but I got a stomach virus immediatley after drinking my morning 4 scoops and the puking had such a foul taste I cant handle the taste anymore

I have used ON brand Gold Standard Whey powder, and I don't think I'll ever go back to my old generic protein.

ON brand Gold Standard Whey powder has a quick uptake, a perfect release, and offers with tons of energy. The macros are second to none, and the price point couldn't be lower.

For sure ON brand Gold Standard Whey is the only protein I need to get through the day.

Tastes like shit, mixes TERRIBLY. Also I'm pretty sure it's bad in general. Switched it for something better and was told to donate to a homeless bodybuilder

That sounds scary. I'm always worried about trying new kinda sketchy flavors with shot like this, especially the 5lb tubs. I always just stick to chocolate desu
OP, my favorite is extreme milk chocolate. Usually get rich, but wanted to try it and it's much better

Powdered milk.

ON Oats & Whey. No artificial sweeteners, tastes good and has a decent amount of fiber.

I have Jarrow's Unfiltered Whey
Pro:
>Cheap around 18 burgers on amazon for 2 lb
>94 kcal per scoop
>18 protons per scoop
>2 carbs per scoop
Con:
>taste like shit
>makes my breath smell awful

still it's not about taste for me and its worth it imo. Better than your wal mart tier protien powders.

Its not that bad at all. Tho i would only stick to the vanilla.

It ranks B+ on some reliable protein shake website

Best cheap protein I found that doesn't taste like shit, mixes well, and $40 at Costco for 6 lbs

I know this isn't whey, but i just bought soy protein since i realized i was getting acne and bloating from whey and casein. I still have a few KGs of the old whey, should i mix 50/50 soy and whey or should i just stick to soy?
Have an irrational fear of getting gyno, plus soy protein tastes like a poopsandwich.

whey/casein split

tastes like icecream, no ONGS chemical aftertaste

labdoor.com/rankings/protein

I tried myprotein but it gave me horrendous gas. Protein World is good but expensive. ON is an okay compromise.

This is my first protein powder and I decided on ON after research. Currently only take 30mg a day (1 scoop) I get my protein throughout theday

> whey without the "MUH MANLY GYM CULTURE" shit on the packaging

I like it

Hell yeah, I've been using the vanilla one for a month or so now. I feel like chocolate is better for if you drink it straight and vanilla is better for smoothies, which is how I usually consume it.

u are literally projecting all of this shit

Myprotein master race

why is everybody shitting on artificially sweetened ('diet') sodas yet you all buy flavoured protein powder?

Is there a significant difference in the sweeteners used that I'm not aware of or do you just not give a fuck?
Always had natural flavoured whey and it's getting kinda boring, but I don't want to put potentially unhealthy chemicals in my body just because it tastes good.

which whey actually has this?

maybe those are different people. I buy flavored protein powder and don't give a fuck about artificial sweeteners. if you're worried about a specific sweetener being unhealthy then do your research on it.

Hard to say because the way I use protein is I'll only drink a shake if I don't have a proper meal after a workout or couldn't get X amount of grams for the day.

I try to avoid it, so it lasts.

This is what I'm using right now. Not bad 60 buck for 5 pounds. Those marshmallows.

link?

myprotein
bulkpowders

that's expensive as fuck, especially since it's not isolate
I usually buy 10 lbs for 60-70 bucks

white and blue bags and white bags with a green logo?

how the fuck you do down whey powder? i've tried it in straight up milk, making shakes, all sorts of shit - i've got the cinnamon bun flavor and it's absolutely fuckin horrid

hurr i read it wrong
oops

I mix it with my quark 'n oats in the mornings.

And after a workout I mix it with either water or chocolate milk.

Works well enough. Had to get used to the artificial sweetener, though.

I just use ON Rocky Road flavour. tastes pretty good even with just water, but it's godlike with any type of milk.

I use Quest multi purpose for cooking but shit's expensive. Are there other, cheaper brands of powder that hold up well for baking? Or do most whey powders work fine as long as the mixture has enough moisture?

>cinnamon bun flavor

thats your problem right there... all these meme flavours just taste like shit

>not using chocolate creampie protein

>walk into a supplement store
>promoter offers me some new meme whey
>"more cheap and effective than anything"
>skim the label
>"soy"
>mfw

>baking
Enjoy your denatured proteins

I have 2 scoops in the morning, so that's 1,7kg per month. In practice it's more like 1,4 since I skip weekends

labdoor.com/review/body-fortress-whey-protein
I use this mainly because its 25 dollars (30 counting shipping) for 5.5 lbs and it taste great with milk. It doesn't mix very well though and probably has lower protein per scoop than advertised. The isolate from MP is also great but abit more expensive.

Bump

i use NOW brand
it's unflavored, has a lot of servings per container, has good lab results, and is about the same cost as ON, but more servings per lb

its a fact. the more protein intake, the more muscle gains.
no scoops no gains, bro
friends taking less than 4 scoops are makin small progress, while the ones takin 4-7 scoops per day, in just 8 months are really Gym Gods.
dont listen this people telling 1,5 grams prot/kg or shit like that, its all a lie. they dont want you to be big.
trust me, pal, 4-8 scoops a day. no more, no less.
ima doctor. gotta trust my words, buddy.

What do people think about Quest's whey powder? Anyone tried it? I think it's pretty new and I have a 2lb tub of it that I've yet to try.

MP doesn't care about quality control or your business, package of casein came in that wasn't properly sealed and all they would do is give me a 25% refund in the form of credit.

Oh hell yea!

>plebs