What are the best books about lifting, bodybuilding nutrition, etc.?

What are the best books about lifting, bodybuilding nutrition, etc.?

Google only gives me stupid body weight stuff or out of time books.

Other urls found in this thread:

amzn.com/1935628135
yadi.sk/d/RABG5_qIrhsod
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

starting strength is good

rippletoe pls go

oguspyramid.com

Below are a couple of more recent suggestions...

Renaissance Periodization has some great books on both training and nutrition.

Greg Nuckols and Omar Isuf's The Art of Lifting and The Science of Lifting are good.

Eric Helm's Muscle and Strength Pyramid books are good too.

t. someone who's read about 400 training related books.

thanks

>t. someone who's read about 400 training related books.
show me a current body picture

Supertraining

I don't even lift

No but seriously I've been lifting for about 6 years, I think. But I'm nothing special. For me it's more about the theoretical side of things - Actually training is just because I get motivated to try stuff out.

The books are suggested to you are great and comprehensive. When you're done with those, you'll want to look into textbooks on periodization and such.

You could consider The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger

literally the only useful books related to bodybuilding and fitness are books about chemistry and steroids. nothing else contains info that is proven.

SS

amzn.com/1935628135
Please don't fall for the Church of Rippletoe meme.

It contains most if not all the books cited here, and others
yadi.sk/d/RABG5_qIrhsod

Nice.

Is no one else gonna mention her Godly rippeTOES?

Who the fuck creates, yet buys BOOKS, FUCKING BOOKS about lifting?

jesus christ...

Supple leopard by Kelly starret or the ss book

was considering buying this as i'm recently switching over from a powerlifting routine to a focus on aesthetics. Is it worth it?

Anything written by Charles Poliquin

You can thank me later

idiot

unliterate faggot go away.

Your mind hungers, just like your body.

The problem with most of these books is they're half opinions and anecdotal evidence, which may not be bad, but also might not be that helpful. You're better off searching through a database of research articles for something you may want to know and reading that, but even then a lot of the research you may not find as the experiments might have flaws.

I think learning about progressive overload styles, RPE style training from Mike T, DUP from zourdos, and the basics of periodization are kinda all that's really needed.