Which is better , eating before working out or going to the gym with an empty stomach ? and if it's the first choice...

Which is better , eating before working out or going to the gym with an empty stomach ? and if it's the first choice , how long before the workout do you eat ?

when you want to lose weight it's very good to go in the morning with "empty" stomach (water and maybe bcaa is a must)

howewer you'll be slightly weaker, so if you want to build muscles/bulk, eat like 2 hours before work-out

beforehand, between the two.

working out while hungry just sucks. Your performance tends to plummet.

Time beforehand is mostly irrelevant. Just don't eat so much that you're stuffed and groggy.

eat before but DONT eat a full meal or you will feel even worse than if you were hungry.

working out hungry doesn't effect me as much as if im full as fuck.

usually go to gym around 12

will have a tortilla or bread and a cup of milk or lemonade maybe an hour before

its mainly what you are used to

just stay consistent

This is the best advice on the thread, imo.

As a bulker, I have some carbs before working out and a big meal post-work out.

Always good to get some fuel in. Obviously dont eat too much before working out.

Plus there's nothing more satisfying than working up an appetite and filling it afterward.

I generally lift a half hour or so after breakfast

>wake up
>make coffee
>eat breakfast: proton bar
>drink coffee
>wait 30 minutes to shit
>shit
>lift

been doing this for a few years and it seems to work well

You need to work out while on a fast. Working out on a fast has been shown to accelerate its results, both in fat burning and muscle building (assuming all else is kept equal and healthy, diet wise)

I do intermittent fasting and work out while fasted. My performance doesn't suffer one bit. The idea that you need to constantly fuel your body is a fucking meme

Go away Kinobody

dude, where can I get a proton bar ?

>meet George Jetson

You don't though. Humans didn't evolve spending the entire fucking day eating.

This. We usually went days without food, then our body went into starvation mode where it ate off fat storages and we hunted knowing death was a day away. We didnt rest in our shelters eating 5 small meals a day. And it wasn't because we didn't know what was best, it was because we didn't overthink it and ate the best, natural way

bcaa? hmm, you sure about that?

at the proton bar bar

I usually eat 30-45 minutes before my workout (either chicken brocolli rice or half pb sandwhich) and immediately after have a pb sandwhich and protein shake. Im cutting so i need to eat or else I'll have no energy pre and postworkout.

I usually go at night so I eat about up to half of my dinner about 30 minutes before I leave and then when I get home I finished off the rest
>also that feel when you get home hungry as fuck from a workout and you just eat everything

do it when you haven't eaten.

maximum aesthetics man, don't be that bloated fatass in the gym everyone laughs at.

This

Agreed with this.

My performance is better if I just head straight for the gym, fuelled by Bcaas and caffeine.

Absolutely nobody is sure or can agree on this point. Take your bcaas prior to, during or straightt after your workout. Thats all we can agree on.

Yeah, and we also died in our early 40's late 30's and suffered from horrifying parasite infestations and diseases. A long with a crippling lack of medication which caused 2/3 of all children to die before turning 6 and lead to broken bones being life-altering injuries that left you a cripple whom would likely be starved to death.

Just because a way is "natural" doesn't mean it is the optimal way, or even a good way. Nature does not give a shit about you, it did not engineer a magical path for you to live forever just by following the way you would survive if thrown in the wild.

Eat in the morning before a work out to get your body working on some energy. Not eating anything before a workout and then doing anything intensive has the effect of causing the body to catabolize more muscle tissue than fat than would have otherwise happened if you had been fed.

Pro tip: Whenever someone argues about health or fitness from the stand point of "This is how nature intended" or "This is the natural way" or "Our ancestors" and use it to try to sell some new bogus meme shit diet or exercise plan, 99% of the time it will be horse shit.

I agree with your argument but not your conclusion. Havent studies shown that IF doesnt cause any more or less muscle loss?

if i eat too much i can go to the gym 3 hours later and feel sick

if i don't eat enough i'll get mid-way through my workout and feel sick

The average lifespan being in the 30s is only the case because so many children and infants died. It skews the average. Children that made it often lived comparably long lives to us. Diseases were much more rampant though, ill give you that.

how do yall lift with an empty stomach? i get nauseous instantly and throw up.

i have to eat a good sized meal, wait 2 hours, then lift. any earlier than 2 and i'll get a headache+nausea, any later than 3 and my stomach will feel empty again and i'll get a headache.

IBS fucking blows. you fags are so lucky.

It honestly doesn't matter. I eat breakfast about 2 hours before the gym. Lighter on cardio days since I can't stand running after a heavy meal.

>children that made it often lived comparably long lives to us

Are you aware what kind of bullshit you are spouting? Give me one proof of your claim.
We as humans are living longer and longer with each years as technology and medicine improves. That's why we have the problem of the fast increase of elderly people because people live longer and longer. Check your shit

Working out hungry is a real hell since you have very little energy.

I usually eat, rest maybe 20 minutes, and then go.

Banana and black coffee 30-45 minutes before gym.
High protein mid carb meal within 3 house after.

>Not eating anything before a workout and then doing anything intensive has the effect of causing the body to catabolize more muscle tissue than fat than would have otherwise happened if you had been fed.

you were doing well up to this point

Is that Persian food in your pic op? That is the ultimate food for bulking. High quality protein, carbs, and fat and it tastes fucking amazing.

Why would you think whatever people did hundreds of thousands of years ago purely out of circumstance is automatically the best possible scenario?

no , that's Lebanese/Syrian

Damn that looks good. I live in LA so we have some of the best Persian restaurants here but I need to check out a Lebanese place.

People could live well into their 60's even in ancient times. The reason the life expectancy was so low was because of medicine, infant mortality rates and generally poorer conditions.

fuck me, for some reason i made it a habit to ritualistically shit immediately before i lift. my body now does it habitually.

He's right you fucking retard, when 20% of the population dies before 5 years old and another 10% die of disease before 30 then the rest can live to their late 60s and the average lifespan will stay in the 40s, life expectancy has only went up by 5 years on average over the last 300 years. What a fucking moron.

i always do this too lmao. without fail, i have to take a big shit right before i leave the house.

Middle eastern food is actually pretty based. Some of the best rice I've ever had in my life was from a Persian restaurant

So much wrong here that I don't even know where to begin.