Veeky Forums, how can I motivate myself to lose weight when looks don't matter to me? Like, not one bit...

Veeky Forums, how can I motivate myself to lose weight when looks don't matter to me? Like, not one bit. And the advice I always hear is "look in the mirror, take pictures, think how hot you'll look" but that does nothing for me

why do you want to motivate yourself if it doesn't matter to you

if you actually wanted to lose weight you'd lose weight fatty.

Then it's over, OP. You've lost.

Losing weight is just about being hot now?

Yeah, don't do it, looks don't matter, you're far too intelligent to be bothered with superficial stuff. You should instead spend your time reading books and occasionally posting gorillas on here.

Think about your health then. Imagine going to disney world or some shit and not being able to fit in a ride

if you dont care about how you look why are you even trying to lose weight? the easiest path is to do nothing.

Was it ever about anything else?

Look at pictures of clogged arteries

It feels really goofy tbqh
Like I'll be laying down and subconsciously start pinching a fold on my stomach. I hate how it feels
But then the rest of the day I forget that it exists and I can't keep concentrated or motivated to lose weight

Do you want to lose weight to be healthy? Why don't you use that to motivate yourself - being healthy? I'm not sure I understand because your OP post was about looking better

>eat junk until first stroke
>realize you don't really want to die yet
>change diet to lose weight to prevent second stroke
>fail and relapse
>repeat ad infinitum

>Imagine going to disney world or some shit and not being able to fit in a ride

Lmao I'm not THAT fat
But that's quite a picture

>I'm not sure I understand because your OP post was about looking better

Well no not about looking better
I only mentioned looking better because that's usually what people recommend you focus on but I don't care about that aspect

then why bring it up

Because I'm looking for another method to stay motivated that ISN'T that one
I suppose in my case the pinching of my stomach is what makes me want to lose weight but I just can't keep feeling myself all day can I

Why does the pinching of your stomach make you want to lose weight? Is it unwieldy, or does it feel bad? You said you don't care about how it looks but I think if you think more about why it really bothers you, you could figure out your own motivation from there. It's hard for someone else to choose your motivation because they don't know what is important to you.

It just feels bad and doughy
I keep subconsciously trying to pull it out

Maybe not motivation is what I'm looking for but ways to keep it in mind throughout the day that I'm trying to burn fat here

Well, that's what routines are for. Discipline is necessary to make changes in your body. Look at the sticky and try and become more athletic and fit, and your body will be "harder" and less doughy. You shouldn't look for ways to stay motivated from someone else, but you should do it because it is good to do, healthy, and important to you.

You're too lazy to even find a desire to want to improve. You'll never be fit.

There's a laundry list of reasons that have nothing to do with your looks-

Exercise makes you smarter
Exercise makes you happier
Exercise makes you calmer
Weight loss makes sex better- penis grows from not being fupa'd, but also the hormonal profile of a more slender person is tilted away from estrogen and more towards testosterone
Being fat could eventually mean myriad health problems, including arthritis in everything due to carrying extra weight- if you're a dude with a gut you probably have a "bad back"- but it's literally your stomach fat pulling on your spine all day
Diabetes, stomach and ass issues, heart issues are EXPENSIVE and time-consuming. You could easily lose years of your life to being a lump of complaining shit in an adjustable bed. Sounds fun.
A heart bypass would mean $250,000.

Those are just the broad points, there's more subtle things such as how other people perceive you. Fat people get the shit end of the stick, because people think they're lazy, angry and smelly.

OH and if you learn how to eat healthy, you'll save money on shitty takeout restaurants. Beans and rice are pretty cheap, frozen broccoli and chicken breast are cheap. Also eating less calories is [drumroll] less expensive.

Imagine being the type of person who's always up for anything, like your friend says "let's go hiking today" and you don't immediately think "oh fuck i can't do that because i'll be so out of breath"

Imagine being the person who's got enough energy that they're always able to be a good friend to others- help them move, etc.

Healthy people's lives are better

Do it for your health OP. It's the most important thing of all.

Looks aren't important to you but they are to everyone else. You'll land a better wife, job. You'll have an easier time commanding respect from everyone as well. And you'll live to be 100 if you keep it up.