So, I'm a little confused. I *destroyed* my ankle. I dislocated it, and broke three bones...

So, I'm a little confused. I *destroyed* my ankle. I dislocated it, and broke three bones. Trimalleolar fracture I think they called it. I had surgery to stitch everything back together and was instructed to not put any weight on it for three months. I came home expecting some serious pain, but there's nothing. I only experience some discomfort from the wrap and partial cast they have on it rubbing against my incisions. I've sprained my ankles several times in the past, and even the minor ones had burning and aches throughout the healing process. My appointment is coming up, but wanted to see if you guys had any ideas input first? Pic not mine, hoping to get a copy of my X-ray's come Tuesday.

Breaks usually hurt less than sprains, but take longer to recover from

Input on what..?

you're asking an anonymous image board about advice for your fucked foot? listen to your fucking doctor. anything else will extend the recovery period from 3 months to 6 months.

Oh sorry, as to why I don't feel any pain.

Damn bro how did you do that?

I'm an ER nurse, and I've seen a trimalleolar fracture once. Shit was fuuuuckkkkkeddd up.

I would take the docs advice and chill for three months. Just do upper body for a little bit, you'll be alright.

Oh, I'm not going to do anything. Just sit here, and eat oatmeal. I was just wondering why there's no pain.

Probably a good surgeon. Everything should be back in place. No real reason for post-surgical pain.

>Implying op ever did lower body

I have notoriously weak ankles, and stupidly I hiked out to the local swimming hole in Birkenstocks. As we were leaving, I was walking down a steep hill, and my right foot slid out from underneath me. But, my left foot stayed firmly planted. Next thing I know I hear the loudest pop ever and I'm screaming, on the ground.

>implying op lifts

Nobody on Veeky Forums lifts brah

Wow. Similar to the one I saw.

30 y/o female tripped over small curb and bam - ankle was fucked

>Implying

I'm sure my ligaments and tendons were stretched out enough to be considered "sprained." My foot was about two inches up and to the left in relation to where it usually is.

Here, have a picture. Hope nobody recognizes it.

Jesus. I'm never wearing shoes that don't properly support my bitch ankles ever again, that's for sure.

yeah i wore running shoes for power shrugs once and was tilting all over the place, kinda hurt my ankles and felt like i was gonna roll it

never again

That's gross asf desu senpai

Sorry guy, but do you understand why I'm confused? That was my left ankle, seven days ago. Has modern medicine come so far?

I like how you were cognizant enough to stop and take a pic. I would've probably been too busy just flailing around like an idiot.

kek whenever i hurt myself i run around like an autist so i probably would've just stumbled and crawled until i settled down

Your doctors/surgeon were pro as fuck.

It was fucking weird man. Granted, I had two beers and a drink of jager about an hour earlier, but still. I called my mom, my boss, and my father, had normal conversations explaining what happened and then waited twenty minutes for the ambulance.

I was talking to all my nurses and they said my surgeon was literally the best foot(?) Doctor at the hospital.

>best at the hospital
>not the country

Stay pleb

I mean, I can't complain about his work.

Oh, one more thing. Sometimes, I feel like I should've just had some pain, but don't. To clarify, my body will cringe and I'll have to writhe my right leg around, but, no pain.

You don't need to keep telling us, just rest it.

I am.