Why did you start lifting Veeky Forums? I did it to make my dad and pic related proud. Now I lift me and somewhat

Why did you start lifting Veeky Forums? I did it to make my dad and pic related proud. Now I lift me and somewhat

>for girls

Have you become what you desired when you started lifting?

People always think its a joke but i legitamely started lifting because of these 2 guys.

I lift for Kakarot.

I started lifting when my dad died. My family has a history of health issues and everyone doed young , so I'm trying to maximise my chances of living to see 60

My niggas. I started lifting because of them as well

Then why lift? Eat clean, do cardiovascular exercise regularly, and live away from the city.

>why would increasing muscle tone be beneficial to your health

>started browsing Veeky Forums for the hell of it, everyone's looking nice as fuark
>started talking to this one girl, felt like we really hit it off
>every attempt to hang out has been one sided by me, she never really initiated anything
>should have noticed this
>waiting outside her class one day (god damn this is beta looking back on it) because we were going to do something after
>"Hey user, I'm really tired so I think I'm just going to go home and sleep"
>wut
>took this hard
>hit the gym
>made noobgains, 1pl8 bench so far
>girl texts back a semester later
>"Hey, what happened to us? I really like spending time with you :)"
>wut
>dating her again

I'm confused, bras

You're a doormat. Whoever cares the least in a relationship holds the power.

>2010+6
> not lifting to be come a super sayin

Vegeta would pity you

After I quit OxyContin there were a number of weeks where I felt like I was dying.

One morning, finally, I woke up on the floor without feeling sick. I felt almost complete, at least physically. I rolled over, and I tried to do ten push-ups. I stood up and tried to squat. I just wanted to move without hurting, because finally, I could.

I wanted freedom within my body. Lifting and moving is bringing me closer and closer to freedom within my own body every day.

I'll never stop.

>liking shit tier, entry level anime

Wtf bro, she would be dead to me after that.

Its the best anime. Timeless, best characters, best message.

Yeah, and she was. But we started spending time again and all she could talk about was how she found me really interesting and loved spending time with me. Obviously I'm interested in her, but I don't know if her feelings toward me are cyclical or something.

Spoken like a true pleeb.

I've always been interested in fitness. Always played sports or had individual sport hobbies. I went to the gym sporadically.

Then my exgf turned into my best friend who turned into a oneitis after 8 years. We both dated other people through this time obviously but we talked almost every day. I saw the guys she was into (tall otter mode bros w tats) and figured it might as well be me. I was already tall w tats but skinnyfat. Started lifting, got breddy big and went beyond otter. Started really to enjoy getting stronk. Stopped caring about chicks.

One day we were hanging out drunk and sitting in taco bell drive thru when she jumped in my lap and started making out w me. Went home, fucked her crazy, and started dating. Landed the hottest girl I've ever known or seen all because I stopped giving a fuck.

>tall gf
>loves when I pick her up and carry her
>I get some illness
>can't lift
>weak as fuck
>loking shit
>she leaves me

I don't think we'll be getting back together, but I am lifting again.
My goal is 80 kg OHP, thought I can only do 40 kg (3x10) atm. Gonna carry bitches.

I was fat and wanted to lose weight so I could get girls. I did it but it turns out my autism and shitty personality were problem all along.

Thats sad user. You'll find a bigger amazon one day don't worry. We're all gonna make it

You'll be ok user just keep practicing. For ever sperg male there's a sperg female out there.

I started because I was tired of being an out of breath fat fuck. Already had a gf. Went from 190 to 175

I just feel fatter desu. Is that what dysmorphia is>

If you want to get a bigger ohp 3x10 ain't gonna get you there fampai

My ex made a lot of comments about finding muscular guys really hot near the end of our relationship. It wasn't really director but say if I was ever with her and she happened to be with her girl friends they would make comments about how hot "thick" boys are, or if a boy her friend liked was bulging outta his t shirt or whatever. After she left I figured I should probably stop being skelly

Direct*

>tfw 2010+6 no one trying to leave humanity behind
If leaving humanity behind isn't your goal then your lifting for the all the wrong reasons

Originally Because I didn't want to disgusted by what I saw in the mirror.

Now I'm sort of indifferent to it... Is this a good thing?

And its still going

i lift because I empathize with vegeta big time. being the second best is like being nothing at all. plus him being a manlet and all has always struck a personal chord with me even as a kid cause I was always the short one. So in a way I guess I see myself as him and I aspire to be better than all the gokus ahead of me. even though we have that thought at the back of our minds, the calm acceptance that we know we will never achieve what goku does and continues to achieve. we weren't dealt the same hand. but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying.

lack of confidence due to skeletormode which I hated

Still skeletor after 3 months but I finally accepted my body
10/10 would lift again

Bruh what?

What message does this have? The characters are also all two-dimensional. Original Dragon Ball was much better.

Go check out Monster or Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Those have great characters

>wanted to get healthier
>started with BW shit
>friend saw my workout log
>asked if I wanted to go to the gym with him
>decent stats for a complete beginner, 120kgx5 dids(were easy af, did 3pl8x5 next time I went) and 80kg 1rm for bench
>immediately hooked

Been struggling with weight for a while but a couple weeks ago I started to feel uncomfortable just sleeping with the fat on my body. Also started coming here instead of /v/ to while away time because it was pissing me off and I figgured it might help change my mindset. Been going to the gym and cutting the soda and I start a lifting program on friday.
Gona make it this time.

I had eating disorders as a kid because I was a fatasfatass hamneutronstar and eventually decided it was probably a better idea to just lose weight without throwing up several times a day.

>have you become what you desired when you started lifting?
I know nobody cares about muh feels or whatever but honestly I've become the opposite of what I desired when I first started. Initially I was a regular little gym rat and Insecure and wanting to do my degree and get a shitty job in academia, the gym was just a compliment to that and all I wanted was to get aesthetic. Now that several years have passed I realised that all I want to do with my life is be an athlete and I'm happy to forfeit everything else in life in order to take a single step closer to that.

Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way, but when I started really getting into lifting I had nothing else to live for and since then its kinda been the main thing that makes me feel some semblance of genuine happiness

>lifting for girls
>lifting for memes
The only right answer is best JoJo.

Because I have far right political views and I need a physique to back them up so that people don't give me shit for them.

go fuck yourself you stupid asswipe bitch

After being together for 7(2 married) years it turned out my wife had always loved me, but hadn't been /in/ love with me for around 5, and that was why it wasn't working out even though we were always "openly communicating" and "talking through our problems" like the fucking idiots always say you should. Turned out she had been holding a lot more back than she let on.

I started lifting for me, because I realized I'd been so miserable in that relationship I'd gained around 35 pounds and a poor relationship with alcohol. I started lifting for me, because I realized I had such poor self-esteem that I stuck around with someone that clearly wasn't as invested in the relationship as I was.

I'm lifting to make myself closer to that "perfect you" people always blather on about, and I finally accepted the hard work that getting there would require.