What are history's most famous demographic collapses? Which examples were the ones inspiring Robert Howard's works?

What are history's most famous demographic collapses? Which examples were the ones inspiring Robert Howard's works?

Other urls found in this thread:

ktnn.radio.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

About 70% of the male population of Paraguay died in the Paraguayan war.
>Paraguay's pre-war population of 525,000 was reduced to 221,000, of which only 28,000 were men.

what are you talking about? conan?

damn how did i not know about this? it's like a whole other "civil war" down south right as the american one was ending

That awesome male - female ratio for the remaining males though

uma delicia

Native Americans in North America

Literally swimming in post war pussy.

or the entirety of the Americas for that matter?

Medieval Anatolia.
13th century Iran.
Late Antique plagues.

>inspiring Robert Howard's works

Egsblain

>spistory
>relevant

>literally
Hopefully not.

got sources for those you mentioned?

pretty much though south of the US they fared a lot better, if you can call "still existing" faring better. you can go to places in mexico city where they speak nahuatl, nothing like that still exists in the US.

>you can go to places in mexico city where they speak nahuatl, nothing like that still exists in the US.

? there are Navajo radio stations:
ktnn.radio.net/

1/3 of white males in the South between the ages of 16 and 45 died during the Civil War.

>ids leig anudder cibel war!!! xDD
I fucking hate burgers

not the same thing but yeah i probably exaggerated

1. Vryonis, The Decline of Hellenism in Medieval Anatolia.
2. Literally any book on the Mongol empire, I'm talking about the overthrow of Khwarezm.
3. Justinian's Flea. Also a good article by Sołtisyiak on Slavic expansion in the 6-8th centuries and their relation to the plague, you can get it through google.

hence the quotation marks, you know what the fuck i mean. same era, same technology, mass casualties, that sort of thing.

The West 1970-2100

Go back to /pol/

1945, desu.

Kek

>Bronze Age collapse
>Mesoamerica collapse

The massacre of the Aryans in 1945 and the destruction of japanese nationalism which is also in 1945

But we got anime user.
That makes it all worth it right?

For the Mongols, see pic related. These are the numbers of villages reported by different travellers in Iran over the centuries. It wasn't just the 13th century invasions but the long period of misrule that followed, plus the 14th century collapse of the well governed late Ilkhanate which was followed by more misrule by small Mognol dynasties and then Timur's conquests in the late 14th centrury. There wasn't any real recovery until the Safavids in the 16th century.

On a related topic, pic related shows how hard they and the Jin fucked North China and Sichuan. I don't have a map for the earlier popualtion, but the contrast between north and south is obvious.