Tfw fatass but want to get my life on track

>tfw fatass but want to get my life on track
>tfw joined gym but have no friends to spot me while i do ss

a-am i doomed to a lifetime of cardio?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/tip-use-the-thumbless-bench-press
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doing cardio is better than doing nothing.

Just be more careful about going to failure with weights when you're by yourself.

What's a spotter

Just be stronger than death

I haven't worked out with a spotter for a year now. I prefer working out by myself anyways. That last rep is do or die.

Start with babbyweights and work up.
Learn how to tell when you've got one more rep in you and when you haven't.
Learn how to bail out of lifts safely - most of them are easy.

ask anyone that is there to spot you. They won't mind. If you are too nervous to ask someone who is also working out, ask someone who works there to do it.

this! anbyody?

>do or die

This opee use the fear of death to guide the bar

What do you need a spotter for?
Squat: Use safety pins if available, if not learn how to dump the weight behind you. Use bumper/rubber coated plates if your gym has them.
Bench: Roll of shame. Or dump the weight off the sides, never use clips in case it goes towards your throat. ALWAYS LOCK OUT BEFORE YOU RACK IT. It's tempting to rack that last rep as soon as possible, but always lock out first because if you fail the trajectory of the barbell is your throat.

It's scary to begin with, but you gotta do it because if you're actually pushing yourself you will sometimes fail.

Youre on the right track. Meet some gym buddies but dont get discouraged if you dont. Cardio is still better than nothing.

the roll of glory
some might call it the roll of shame
but it's your friend
no shame in the roll of glory
the glory is you are beginning to lift

you don't have to worry about spotters for anything except bench, even then only for flat bench (you should do incline at the same frequency) as that is the only one where safety pins get in the way.

you won't have to worry about danger because the weight won't be all that high. if you can't make it, bring it down in front of you, sitting up as you go then manoeuvre out from under the bar.

within six months you will gain confidence and be able to ask for a spotter if you want. people like / don't mind helping. ideally we use a spotter as we can squeeze more from the lift, but it's not a dealbreaker.

after the six months you will begin to feel like a badass and look down on those who need to go in bropairs as the fuccbois they are

this is a gym, not noah's ark motherfucker, you will think to yourself, before busting out a thousand turkish lifts for reps

You don't need a spotter unless you're benching your 1 rep max.
Stop being a faggot and start doing isolation exercises until you don't feel sore the next day after, then start doing freeweights. Work your way up. This will take at least 6 months. By then you'll habe met a few people and people will resect you enough to spot you if you ask. Now go read the sticky and never post on my board or my wife's son's board again.

You don't need a spotter to start losing weight faggot.

My gym only has power racks and no dedicated bench press. So every bench I do is in the power rack and the pins fit perfectly where I can touch my chest but not the rack, and place the bar on the rack if needed. It's quite perfect

my god can't tell you how many times the last press scared the shit out of me but it gave me that surge of energy needed for the rep.

Sounds like Eating too much is your biggest problem. Get your diet in check before you even think about working out. Exercise makes you hungry. If you haven't dealt with your food issues you will gain more weight.

>wife's son's

Lost it. I fucking love how much /pol/ is here on a daily basis.

The grim reaper is my spotter

What the fuck you guys? Just use dumbbells to bench. Throw them to the side if you can't get it.

Also, you may want to ask somebody who works there about squat and deadlift form. Form is absolutely vital and king.

This

tell me, what is better motivation than fear? You need to fear that last rep. It's do or die, if you fail, your head gets crushed by iron if you don't, you are a champ. (btw, you won't die, just do a roll of shame. But if you are doing suicide grip, then you deserve to die)
I actually noticed that if I have someone spotting me, it's harder for me to go to the edge than if I am alone.

A spotter is the guy who wipes down the weight machines between sets. He "spots" sweat stains on the machines and then wipes it up. It's a shit job.

a person who watches you perform the exercise, making sure your form is good, making sure you don't fuck yourself up, helping you re-rack weight after you're done if you're having trouble.

Sounds like a boyfriend. Fuck that

>implying this whole shitty board isn't one huge gay orgy

You whining about a spotter is just classic excuse making. You'll die early and will be forgotten in weeks.

>he doesn't have a boyfriend
Enjoy your life being devoid of true happiness, faggot

>"what's a suicide grip?"
>google

why the fuck would anyone do that?

dont be an autistic fuck, you're supposed to ask for a spotter

>tfw friendly people spot me at the gym
>don't wan't to be rude and tell them I'm fine
>can't count the last couple reps when they assist me so can't progress
What do you need a spotter for anyway OP?

you dont need a spotter to use free weights you excuse seeking faggot

Because less stress on your wrists.
Because less stress on your shoulders
More natural hand position.

You see many bodybuilders doing it.
Just don't do it as a beginner.
Manlets hardly do it, because due their short arms the pressure on their wrists is low.

@Op

don't do SS as a fatass.
Do deadlifts, squats & benchpress but incorporate many other lifts to your workout. A split is much better for you.
SS is for weak fags that have problems even bench pressing the bar.

I never had a spotter, you don't one. Just respect the weight on the bench press and never do more than you actually can.

Don't do thumbless as a beginner. It's perfectly safe if you do it properly. I've been doing it since 3 years.

t-nation.com/training/tip-use-the-thumbless-bench-press

Lightweight baby.
Thumbless master race

If you're just starting out you don't need to be going so heavy that you need a spotter. You need to build a baseline of good strength and form. You need to challenge yourself without killing yourself.

As said, learn the difference between when you have one more rep in you but it's tough and when you're likely to fail. If you are really just starting out you can even start with BW movements because belly flopping on the floor is better than dropping a bar on your throat.

Walk before you try to run, padawan.

And keep in mind that you can't outrun your fork. The gym is for building a stronger, more resilient body that burns fuel more efficiently but most fat loss is going to be dependent on you consuming better quality fuel and less of it.

Huh, I'll have to try it tomorrow. Never really felt too much stress on my shoulders of wrists, but I might as well try it. I just feel like I'm going to fuck it up and look like a fool and fuck myself up.

fear is a bad advisor when it comes to lifting weights.

Anyone?

Spotters are only needed for a few exercises, don't do those, simple as that.

>2016
>having a spotter

please continue making more excuses fat fuck

This is the only acceptable answer. Sign a death warrant before every squat and bench session. Unless you lift with your life on the line, you won't make any gains anyway