What's the deal with coffee? Good / bad / neutral? Why? I have a cup daily

What's the deal with coffee? Good / bad / neutral? Why? I have a cup daily.

How do you like yours prepared, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/drinking-coffee-linked-to-lower-rates-of-liver-cirrhosis_us_56c764fee4b0928f5a6bbce3
care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/2/398.full
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beverages/3898/2
circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2015/11/10/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.017341.abstract
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Black coffee no sugar , 3 to 4 cups a day.

I drink mine black since I'm male. Coffee in general is pretty healthy in moderation.

I love getting sugary as fuck dunkin donuts coffee with extra cream, but that's not really sustainable on cut. Usually do that once every couple months. Now it's just black, which is satisfying in its own way

milk, 2 sugars.

coffee is alright, there's nothing wrong with it, just dont start relying on it to get up in the morning.

>drinking the liquid fedora

>barely drank coffee before starting college
>proceeded to make it a daily habit
>8-10 cups a day cmooon
>turned into a zombie whenever I was without my cup of joe

I now barely drink 2 cups/week. In larger quantities, coffee turns you into a giant sifter when it comes to vitamin/calcium absorbtion, so take that into consideration if you want to ever snowball out of control with it.

>milk and sugar
That's not coffee though, that's a milkshake.

I always make sure I use Bulletproof™ Coffee beans, and mix it with Bulletproof™ Brain Octane®.

I do this with NoFap™ in order to keep me on an enlightened mode of being -- I also take part in Osho™ Dynamic Meditation to unleash any biomechanical energies that may be holding back to intellect.

Did you know we only use 10% of our brain? Well by doing all of this, you'll be using AT LEAST 95%.

For that last 5% I recommend not using shampoo, and doing Cold Shower(s)® each morning for the cognitive and hormonal benefits.

Neckbeard

Why do you care how people like their coffee? Jesus christ people are autistic

What about tea guys? I drink a shit ton of tea, sometimes up to 2L in a day. I have one of those big Bubba mugs i fill with black tea and bring to work.

Normally Orange Pekoe or Earl Grey.

Usually black, sometimes with milk and honey.

Good.

French Press or mocha pot. Some milk/whey, plus a teaspoon of sugar.

enjoy getting the insulin shakes after an hour without you McCoffee ;)

Milk is for baby

does press made taste better than a regular coffee maker

>sugar
we found the fatass

As much as I want before 1200.

I have decaf after that, shit is delicious.

I don't know why it is, but every cup of coffee I ever had in America, made with a 'coffee maker' or after dinner at a restaurant, tasted like ass. I'm guessing it's those machines don't get cleaned out properly or something but god damn, it was dreadful.

As for preparation method, mocha pot master race reporting.

>your opinion is different then mine, he must he a neckbeard!
Gotem

and baby is for Grendel

Coffe is sort of like the sun.
It has been proven to cause cancer, prevent cancer, increase your lifespan and decrease your lifespan.
Just don't overdo it and you'll be fine.

Two cups daily
One at breakfast, one after lunch.
Nearly zero calories, I add in 1/8th cup of milk which is 2% so barely anything there either.

Coffee reduces the chance of developing type 2 Diabetes.
Coffee also acts as a flushing agent for your liver, for your risk group of developing cirrhosis of the liver, you are 50% less likely than your peers for developing the issue.
For alcoholics this is extremely important.
Coffee is jammed pack with b- vitamins and antioxidants.
One cup of coffee has 11% of your riboflavin needs for the day, for a liquid drink with no calorie count. You can't beat that.

Coffee much like smoking, is a neuron-stimulant, the negatives of this of course are over stimulation, which is akin to blowing a fuse. Little college girls and fags who drink multiple grande starbucks a day, smoke, and drink are fucking up their nervous system.
While having a cup of coffee or tea at a reasonable amount a few times a day helps fire of neurons that aren't being regularly used, which later in life can prevent a lot of diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia, special note to Parkinson's which is slowly becoming the most common neurological disorder. Supposedly coffee can lower the chance of developing it entirely and even lesson the affects if you have it.

>"omg I love coffee"
>there people who think this liquid desert is alright to have every morning

Used to use these european style makers for the longest time. Great for espresso actually, but finally got tired of doing it and just found a good method for using a regular coffee maker. So I do that now. I also occasionally use a vietnamese coffee maker, but it tastes like ass for some reason if you don't use vietnamese coffee. Cuban Espresso is the best in the european style makers.
Right now I just drink that duncan donughts coffee beans in a regular coffee maker though as I've kinda laxed on it.

Interesting

Is there any citations?

>malted shake with coffee flavoring
>coffee

Just gib me diabtetes god

>cup
Stopped reading there. I appreciate the effort Cletus McDonald, but I can't stand your shitty units.

this, fuck coffee and everyone who drinks it. Do you know how fucking dumb you all look scouting out every room you enter looking for a pot to make your shitty ass hot bean water?"MAN OH MAN WHERE DAT COFFEE POT AT MY DUDE?"

Some of you even have the gall to try to shill your shitty drink to your guests after every fucking meal. Who really wants fucking coffee after dinner?!

What's even worse is the lot of you that feel superior for drinking the shit straight. "Look at me! I love BEANS so fucking much that I CRUSH the fuckers and turn them into a DRINK! And then I claim I'm better than all the other BEANDRINKERS by chastising them over adding normal shit to their bean water to make it stomach-able!"

Fuck Coffee

>autism speaks, it's time to listen

wew lad

Sure user, pls excuse my redirect links, but they all have citations. I will try to address each point as I made.

>Cirrhosis
huffingtonpost.com/entry/drinking-coffee-linked-to-lower-rates-of-liver-cirrhosis_us_56c764fee4b0928f5a6bbce3
>Type 2 diabetes
Note, I was mistaken on this one, you actually need about 3-4 cups of coffee daily for this to show signs of lowering. Sorry about that user.
care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/2/398.full
>nutritional facts
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beverages/3898/2
>Reducing risk of neurological diseases
circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2015/11/10/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.017341.abstract

If I missed any points I will try to find more information or legitimate studies, but I believe that covers most of it.

Show me on the doll where the bean touched you.

I do this AT MOST, once a week, and less if like you say I'm on a cut.

It helps me power through the day after a hard previous night at the gym.

But usually I drink it black.

Coffee cups are the same size

For some reason I read this in the voice of Dom Mazzetti and it was hilarious. Thanks user.

>someone sat down and took the time to write this

i french press, i enjoy it

>not adding keto, coconut oil and fish oil to all that bullshit

not hipster enough

>drinks coffee, also expresso
>decaf

found the fucking faggot, you could be swallowing dicks too

French pressed with a bit of milk. Or just french pressed by itself. I never put sugar, because I don't have any at home, and I don't feel like coffee is something that needs sugar.

Yeah it's wonderful when you're waking up to go sit in a cubicle for 8 hours. But God damn that sugar and cream makes it like 300 calories for an xl.

>'expresso'

What the fuck are you raving around, you coon buggering cuntrag?

>drinking coffee black makes you a man
You know.how I can tell you're not a man? You say stupid shit like that.

Real human bean

Mocha just means coffee+ chocolate. A "mocha pot" is not a method of making coffee, its a brand name. You guys sound retarded going on about "mocha pots"

>coffee is sort of like the sun
No, it really isn't. You've been drinking too much

Not one of them, but I was curious so I looked into it..

kek

i drink 3 cups in a commuter mug over the course of about an hour in the morning...put a small amount of half and half in it, but I can go either way with the half and half.....I never use sugar.

First off stop talking about those relationships as if they're causual and 100% facts. The language you used is extremely misleading as "proving" that "this causes that" is more difficult than you think. Second you only listed one actual source that was a scientific journal, that in their own language talks about associations, not causes and effects.
You seem to think you understand the topic much more than you actually do.

Same. Sometimes I have a sweet tooth, Other times I just want a good ol cup of sludge.

Mochacinno machine at work is fucking my cut right up.
It gives just a hint of chocolate and makes the blend superb.

Damn I think I'm going to go and make some coffee.

fuck dude i have coffee whenever i feel like it. 1hr to 30 minutes before i go to sleep, it doesnt matter. shit doesnt do anything. Hell last night i had an energy drink and coffee and i still slept like normal.

>oh and for me, I'll have it black! A real true and honest adult male would never taint his pallet with the childish flavors of sugar and cream! A real man isn't allowed to enjoy anything. Excuse me, I have a cold shower to continue.

That's a "moka pot" , not a mocha pot like the anons said. That would make more sense since its short for a word that translates into small machine. So basically the anons going on about "mocha pots" didn't even know the name of the "small machine" they were using? They defaulted to "mocha" because its a buzzword having to do with coffee? Top kek

I get shit sleep no matter what I do.
Tried with coffee.
Tried without coffee.
Tried with no coffee after 4pm.

I just don't get it.

I don't even use coffee to get up. I just use it as a hunger suppressant and motivator.

did i miss this or is this new pasta?

Love the effects of caffeine, but I get mad heart palpitations from it so I stay away from coffee in general

I also drink mine black.
Never liked milk, it waters it down.
At most I'll put some french vanilla flavor or mocha in it but not often.

Anything else is prissy. But I can respect wanting "coffee" every once in a while to get a nice liquid dessert.

16 cups today, and migraine just showed up.
I hate life

>drinks "frecmnch vanilla " and "mocha"
>has the nerve to try to use "prissy" to describe anyone but themselves
Deluded

Few things better than a crafty boozy coffee on Christmas day.

Moka pot is a genericized brand name. Though the "Moka" model is still produced by the company that invented it, it is mainly used to refer to any such pot that uses its unique mechanism to brew coffee.

Standard espresso is made by pressing heated, pressurized water through ground beans. Moka pots place beans on top of water instead, then boil the water so steam passes through the beans and collects as liquid coffee in the layer above.

Highly recommended as an alternative to an espresso machine if you can't afford one, or if you're looking to spice up your usual drip coffee experience.

one ounce fresh roasted fresh ground organic beans, glass bottled spring water, I add a teaspoon of ground Black pepper to the glass French Press with the grinds.

While the water is boiling in a steel pot I suspend the Mug over it with two bamboo chopsticks. In it I place a couple of teaspoons of grassfed, unslated cultured butter and a tablespoon of unrefined, cold pressed organic coconut oil and let them melt.

Into that mug I add a few drips of liquid Stevia, a dash of Cinnamon , a dribble of Madagascar Vanilla extract and a half ounce of highest quality Ecuadorean Cacao Powder and stir into a goo then add the coffee after steeping four minutes.

Zap it in the blender for a few seconds and enjoy

>Moka pot
except they are Aluminum ... never good to use aluminum like this..

>mfw it's a coffee ejaculator

also, what about coffee makes it suppress hunger? if i have a full cup at work i cannot eat as much when lunchtime rolls around. is it the caffeine? will decaf let me enjoy the deliciousness without killing my appetite?

Jesus christ fuck off you hipster

Since everyone is such a fucking coffee addict nobody wants to admit that there are harmful effects of it.

earl grey nigga, man i havent had tea in a bit but i loved that shit so much id drink cups and cups a day but that was before i stopped ingesting sugar and milk

when you eat less you gain less weight so dont change it fatty

There are certain harmful effects if you abuse caffeine.
However, coffee in moderation has nothing but positive effects.

>tfw 5'10" 150 lbs trying to perma-bulk

Put mass gainer in your coffee

This has pasta potential.

Same, I just fight through them because I love the taste of coffee. Tried to replace it with tea but it's just not the same.

>HERE I COME ZYZZ

is that a serious suggestion?
has anyone ever tried putting protein in their coffee?

I imagine it would taste like shit and ruin the texture

same with me kek

Don't be an asshole.

There's plenty of reason to believe coffee has mild to moderate health benefits. Why don't you go survey some GPs or RDs and see how they feel about it.

[citation needed]

back with as much sugar as i can fit on one teaspoon.

big ass UK mugs though. so a 34oz press only gets me two servings

It's fine if you don't do it when the coffee is hot. Cool/cold coffee, milk, whey, great drink. You can also add egg whites, peanut butter and avocado and blend for an awesome shake that tastes good and hits your macros right for bulking.

i drank twice daily then I got some heartburn during one of my HIIT sessions then I got scared because it never happens to me and now I dropped it down to once a day.

>feelsbadman.jpg

Neanderthal

"The original design and many current models are made from aluminium with Bakelite handles"

Enjoy your Alzheimer's

That actually sounds pretty decent, might give it a try one day

>coffee turns you into a giant sifter when it comes to vitamin/calcium absorbtion

What are you talking about?

this, fuck coffee and everyone who drinks it. Do you know how fucking dumb you all look scouting out every room you enter looking for a pot to make your shitty ass hot bean water?"MAN OH MAN WHERE DAT COFFEE POT AT MY DUDE?"

Some of you even have the gall to try to shill your shitty drink to your guests after every fucking meal. Who really wants fucking coffee after dinner?!

What's even worse is the lot of you that feel superior for drinking the shit straight. "Look at me! I love BEANS so fucking much that I CRUSH the fuckers and turn them into a DRINK! And then I claim I'm better than all the other BEANDRINKERS by chastising them over adding normal shit to their bean water to make it stomach-able!"

Fuck Coffee

It means you can't absorb shit, nigga.

lmfao kek

I know what "absorbtion" means. I want actual sources for the claim.

I drink it ice cold, with whey. Come at me.

>Put freshly brewed cup of coffee up to my mouth to take the first sip
>Smell of the coffee immediately give me an immediate urge to poop
Coffee is dangerous

Mass gainer is not protein powder...

Iktfb