Are supinated deadlifts worth it...

Are supinated deadlifts worth it? I have never done or seen them done but elliot in an older video said it can help que you to have your shoulders down and back and it can help fix a lot of issues that way. I have fucked up shoulders and winging and will do anything to fix my upper back muscles and posture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzqYJH461ks
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 for 1 deal right there

bumping for interest

Enjoy snapping your biceps

They are VERY uncomfortable for your wrists, it's not a natural position and can easily lead to injury over time. Also, it increases the risk of tearing your biceps.

This is how your tear your biceps you fucking mong

Do rows like this to hit lats more. Deadlift with a normal grip dude. Mix grip on heavy sets.

you kinda answered it in your own post - it's just a cue to help you learn to engage your lats and put your arms in external rotation - as they should be.

it's not meant to substitute traditional grip while training for deadlift strength, nor will it neccesarily 'fix' your posture, it just helps you achieve proper posture by engaging your upper back while deadlifting.

once you can replicate that similar feeling with your traditional grip, you should abandon it because it's not as efficient/slightly more injurious.

Seems like something that would drastically increase the risk of tearing your biceps

Strapless double overhand for life, anything else is literally the same as using steroids

I'm pretty sure Elliot only advocated then when LEARNING the deadlift with the bar or very light weights
Not to train that way

Obviously you arent using high weight, it would be low weight high reps to strengthen your upper back.

Spotted the fattie

How do you know if the thoracic problem is fixed?

Youre wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzqYJH461ks

6:10

Y'all are retards. The supination contracts ur biceps... It doesn't over stretch them

Yeah elliot is totally a retard man and you a random user from Veeky Forums knows more. hahaha

So he recommends it as a type or rehab
Not a staple exercise

I agree that it could be used for this purpose and the post you replied to's point remains that you should not actually train that way

Well in the OP he said he needed it for rehab purposes because of a shoulder injury

>Upload face to youtube
>Validation

If you need upper back tightness do lots of rows and snatch grip Deads.

If you do try this, only do ~40-50% 1RM for 1-2. Make sure you lock your triceps, dont want a popped bicep

youre fucking retarded

People with shoulder problems cant do snatch grip deads rofl

this

bump

bump

I accidentally did a 330 rack pull like this. It didn't do anything but it scared the shit out of me

This tears the biceps

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

I wouldn't go that far - it depends on the nature and severity of the problem. Ifyou can't do a snatch grip deadlift from the floor with a reasonably tight back then you'd do them from a block or rack top-down. Set your back at the top and perform them from there, its a really good way to rapidly improve the upper back activation from the floor

>Are supinated deadlifts WORTH IT?
no

>Elliot in an older vid
that man has said many things, some of them were true - this one is not

>I have fucked up shoulders and winging and will do anything to fix my upper back muscles and posture
in what way are deadlifts your first choice for this? do face pulls, dumbbell rows, pull ups and chin ups, YTWLs etc. for the scapular and then stretch out your chest and anterior delts. Do lots of resistance band work. CONSULT A PHYSIO. all of these things would be more reasonable responses than supinated deadlifts

why?

because of the shoulder problem I have, i cant do overhead movements, most of what u listed I cannot do because of the injury

bicep tears will ensue

Then just do double overhand if it's low weight.