Have you ever asked a girl to spot you on the bench before?

Have you ever asked a girl to spot you on the bench before?

>implying a girl would be able to help lift the bar if I needed it

Doing that would probably result in my death. Women are absolutely hopeless in the gym.

Lol I was in a situation like that yesterday.

Instead of asking the girl next to me, I walked across the gym to get a guy.

Gotta avoid taking any risks.

>Implying you go to the gym
They're not supposed to lift it off of you. Spotters are usually supposed to just lift 10-20lbs so you can lift the rest.

no. however, if i had to choose between one of the grill regulars and a dyel guy i've never seen before, i'd call the girl over since she knows how to spot properly. too many experiences with pajeets assuming i'm going to fail my final rep even though i'd told them not to get involved unless it's on my chest.

i've also noticed i get called over to spot people pretty often now, much more than i did a year ago, i guess it's a sort of compliment

Which is still too much for 99% of women in the gym.

My mom spotted me at home on our shitty bench a couple of times

No, the force required is similar to that needed for opening doors or packing espresso beans.

A high test girl who benched first time in her life did a 145lb rep with a full ROM.
I bench the same for reps, but I'm a 6'0 guy who lift for several months now. My soul was crushed that day

Yes, but thats because im not a retard that fails instantly and needs the spotter to take all the weight.

A spotter should only need to provide enough assistance to keep the bar moving if needed at all.

talking like 10-20 lbs of assistance to keep it moving, which any girl in the gym should be able to do

Why else do you think men are suppose to open doors for women? To be nice? No, it's because women are weak as fuck.

I had been teaching my girlfriend to lift for the past ~6 months and she had been progressing well, so I asked her to spot me on bench.

When I asked for help to get it back on the rack she froze; didn't grab the bar, just stood there panicked. She stood like this for a good five seconds with her mouth half open unable to do or say anything while I held it partway up until my arms gave out and it sank back to my chest, and I had to roll it down to my legs and off me as she stood there shivering.

>using rack for lmao SS
>female asks how many sets
>tell her I have quite a lot of sets left, but she can work in if she wants
>she says ok
>she does a set of squats with 95
>ask her to just put a plate over the 25s
>she looks at the plate despairingly, hesitates to pick it up for a bit, then looks up at me
>she tells me she can't lift up the plate
>I say "oh it's all good"
>I go around and put it on the bar
>she then walks over to another rack that just opened up and starts squatting there

so no OP, I have not and never will ask some horrifyingly weak female to spot me on bench because I would most likely die if I missed a rep

I was on the last set of a heavy 5x5 squat and the only other person there was a 10/10 qt that use to cut my hair but she has good squat form. I didn't need her help though:(

Ofcourse.
All I need for a spotter to do is help me get up a lift I'll count as missed. For that to work I just need her to lighten the load by 10lbs or even less.

If I spot somebody on the bench, I rarely have to grip the bar - usually a single finger under the bar is enough to lift up something too heavy to lock out.

are you supposed to smell hard to see if you can catch a whif from dat pussy?

REEEE

if you know what you are doing, you are only going to need 5 to 10 lbs for a spot. a child should be able to "spot" you those few pounds you need to complete the lift.

I see these fags all the time co-lifting with one benching and the other curling it.

so yes I have had a girl spot me.

>not wanting to stare at underboob while benching

Jesus Christ anons

fucking hell

What if I it'll give you a boner, You'll get branded as creep and she won't talk to you again.

>not wearing your boner hiding apparatus at the gym

yeah. usually it's just that extra 10-20lbs that i cant rep.
Mathematically

When the girls at my gym touch the barbells they use them to deadlift, RDL and squat 30-40 kg. So no, I wouldn't trust them spotting my bench.

fucking newfags

I spot for my bf and have never had any problems.

I wanted to ask a hot milf to spot me. But I am afraid she can't do shit. But she is a pretty good lifter for a woman. Should I do it next time? And maybe get some pussy?

Thx Famala Anderson, I'm going to use this as a test weather a woman is worthy of having kids with

Something similar happened to me.

GF and I lift together. She is the worst spotter and never ask for her help. Welp one day im on the bench. Having difficulty with the last rep. 3/4s of the way up I start wobbling.

>baby a little help
She isn't paying fucking attention!
She has her headphones in her ears
>Honey! Help!
doesn't hear me
>BABE!!!

Thankfully there was a guy walking by at that very moment and helped me

She apologized frantically. I was pissed the entire day. She blew me at the end of the day though. She knew she did wrong.

I'm still with her.

go for it and come back and post results

Alright. Next time when she comes to me and asks how many sets I still have on the bench, I will ask her if she wants to join me. Hope I can slay some pussy

> usually a single finger under the bar is enough to lift up something too heavy to lock out

i can't believe how many people don't realise this. even to a dyel what feels like almost no effort could take 10lbs+ off the weight of the bar.

>try to hit a PR
>tell him to only touch the bar if i need it
>realise it's going to be a grinder, he clearly thinks i'm going to fail the rep
>starts pulling on the bar and reduces the 245 to ~ 235 or something

this has happened before too, maybe i should just stick to higher reps so this doesn't happen

I trust a girl's ability to spot me properly (or at least better than overly concerned pajeets who just pick it up for you the entire way and leave you wasting a complete set) but I'm unable to talk to girls

of course
it's basically smelling salts

My girlfriend spots me all the time. Albeit, she isn't incompetent, and I've explained how to spot properly to her before.

The only time I get a.dude to.spot me now is if I'm going for a 1rm

>mfw i train at a powerlifting gym with girls that are stronger than me
yes

My gf usually helps me bench.

I get more motivations and my test levels increase.

Fuck no. Girls literally cannot lift for shit. Even if they're on roids they're still weaker than the average dyel male

I don't want to grab the bar off your chest though. When it starts going back down then I'll help.

no

I dont want to die

yes but is the ONLY female in my gym I would ask for help

she's a powerlifter with decent gains

also what this user said your spotter won't lift ALL THE WEIGHT but a little bit just to finish the lift if you are not able to complete the full movement

Girls are just as strong as guys so why should it even matter? Sexist assholes

i don't ever have a spotter because without one it pushes me to my maximum potential

>sheathes katana, tips fedora, resumes virgninity

Sup vegeta?

Have literally never used a sporrter.
Or safety racks.

Not that i am too edgy for them, mind, just homegym

I never train heavier than 3rm (except maybe deadlift) so i dont see the need

The problem with asking a girl for a spot is that I always feel compelled to tip then more than usual.

Seeing as there aren't many girls in the free weight lifting area (no machine area (the place where you can get injured (the place where you need to know what you're doing before starting))), nope.

I'm so glad I remember that thread

Kek have a home gym at my house and my dad asks my mom to spot him sometimes. He has never needed assistance he just likes having someone there just in case. Well for the first time he needed some help and was struggling and told my mom to help him.
She went to the side of the bar where you put the weight on it and tried lifting that up to help him. So she was taking the weight off of one side. It was hilarious after the fact, but wholly shit that could have gone terribly.

My gf lifted one side of the barbell it and almost dropped it on my head. Never again.

>not staring at underboob for a quick test fix.

I find that hard to believe. Has she ever played any kind of sports? Did you ask her if she does push-ups? Dips? How much does she weigh?

Can we stop pretending that's how test works

Sounds like your girlfriend's an autist

Yeah, me and this Russian tank of a girl in the gym usually ask eachother for spots.

She's high test as fuck

Mine assists the whole time, which I find just as annoying. Fucking gains goblin.

kek, some girl asked me to take the 45s off the leg press for her since she couldn't lift them herself.

yeah what about him though?

brandi love is such a fox too bad she's a coal burner

That's more of a "I don't want to be seem doing manly things" psychological thing than a physiological limitation. My grilfriend is like that.
>but honey, you can do dips with my rings at home to strengthen yourself since you don't have any time left to join the gym now, you will be prepared for once you join the gym
>i don't want to, that's a man's exercise
It doesn't make any fucking sense.

>So close to being successful bait

No, I would get an obvious erection because my face would then be mere inches away from her vagina.

>implying you'd ever miss a bench by more than a couple pounds unless you're stupid or bad
lmao rookie git gud

If I know the girl is strong then I will ask her for a spot.

alright i will go to the gym on my next rest day and set up 2.5 pounds each side and struggle super hard and get a girl spotter and end up failing on the first set and just leave the gym after that

here's some scientific knowledge kid - a woman with the same training and lean body mass as a man will be as strong as he is

Yes, a few times.

The spotter handles a small amount of the weight, if any at all, so they don't need to be as strong as the lifter.

No but I did get a high test Asian girl to spot me on a squat. We were both doing 275

You'd have to be autistic to date a member of Veeky Forums

Does it matter, you're not going to fuck her

Sorry but no bro

Fuck off racist homophobe.

asian? Gross

>asian
>high test

If my bro's balls aren't 6 inches from my face, doesn't matter whether I have 2 plates on that bar, 1 plate, or desu, just the bar weight, that bar ain't goin up.That's why the answer is no. Furthermore, I never go to the gym by myself, minimum, 1 other set of balls with me, sometimes an additional 5 or 6 pairs. When we roll up, bitches keep a 50 ft radius away from us. (Cause we're loud, and obnoxious, in case you were wondering)