Whats the point of becoming fit for the purpose of self improvement if i cant hold a conversation for more than 30...

Whats the point of becoming fit for the purpose of self improvement if i cant hold a conversation for more than 30 seconds and bore everyone?

You bore people because you yourself are bored. Make a shift in the paradigm.

You can hold a conversation. Easily.

I literally cant

Ive even read guides that say stuff like "to find something to say, just ask questions about the other person" So I ask things like "what do you study here?", "where are you from?" and i realise its just not engaging at all, unfortunately the books never go further than that and dont explain how to actually be engaging or make people laugh, which is not possible when your sense of humour revolves around deep irony meme images from /s4s/

Don't ask questions like that, it makes it seem like an interview. You want to ask an initial question and then tie the conversation to it by "nouning". Nouning is an easy way to hold a conversation for as long as you want. You basically ask the question, they answer, you pick a noun from their answer and go off that and so on. After a while it will become second nature. Also try not to ask like an interviewer, women especially like it when you ask them how they feel about stuff. This is one of those things you can't learn from books. You can only get good at it by doing it over and over again. As for how to not be boring...get a hobby or a passion that doesn't revolve around your computer. Something you could talk about for hours if you had to.

>tfw 3 minutes into the conversation they're already turning to leave
>tfw always happier to see people than they are to see me
It's beating me down bros

this wont be funny or engaging though

>want to be social
>put myself out there
>some what successful and people come up and talk to me
>hate every second of it because it feels like such a drain on me

I think I might actually be broken

Talking is a form of cardio, don't bother and keep lifting.

start reading books and watch tv shows where people talk, I think it might be helping for me.

Yeah it is. I do the 'nouning' thing second nature now and I can talk to people for as long as I want until there is literally nothing to pull out of that idea.

Also throw in your own experiences and stories if you can every now and then, but that's more advanced of a tactic.

i've tried asking follow up questions based on a noun
>>i'm thinking of playing golf this weekend
>>me after a couple of seconds pause: do you play golf often?
>guy gives a response
>me: oh, cool

t. autist

(what could i have said that would have been better?)

The trick is to play the "mysterious" type so you can hide your power level

It won't work if youre a ugly manlet though

I've found people love it when you agree with something they said in conversation by giving them an example of the exact thing theyre talking about. and sometimes its easier because you dont have to think of something else to say. You're pretty much paraphrasing what they just said but they seem to love it.

o shit waddup

also body language is so important i sometimes find myself very socially anxious and people can see it from a mile away.
one thing I never got though is the fact I can talk an ass off a donkey when im drunk but when im sober i could be just as relaxed in a conversation yet i can find nothing to say.

I guess I might say something like
>"I haven't played golf since I was a kid, what do you like about it?"
or something similar. But I'm pretty autismo too.

Go for the instrument meme, some people will approach you leading the conversation with their bullshit music knowledge if you can play something 3/10 difficulty that sounds 5-6/10 difficulty.

>get Veeky Forums
>Do stuff
>talk about it

Just dont talk about getting fit, unless you're on grindr

Avoid closed questions, for example, "I'm thinking about playing golf this weekend" you could respond with something like "Where are you thinking of playing?" And then usually they go into some schpeal about where they want to play and you ask what they like about it, then you generalise it by asking how long they've been playing golf for and what they like about it. Also, try to pick up on the tone and hidden messages in a phrase. For example, from that sentance you could ask something like "Ahhh need some get away time then?" because obviously they either haven't been able to play in a while because they've been busy or something.

>closest I've been to golf is wii sports... might be fun to try for real one day, how much does it cost anyway?